More dominant wrestler : Karelin of Mijain Lopez?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean this is something everyone can agree on.
Show me a wrestler who was as dominant as Karelin was?
My thoughts exactly....

Mijain Lopez has a peer in Kayaalp - Kayaalp beats him in worlds, Lopez wins in the olympics. You can argue that this is a more competitive era (which it is), but domination is domination

Karelin had no peers during his peak, he was dominant at both worlds and the olympics for like 10 years. Then he got old and the homie Gardner upset him

Lopez is the better wrestler though, and I think as good of an athlete, if not better. He'd do better at MMA, peak for peak

Kayaalp only wins when Lopez has been paid to take a dive, this last match was a real statement, it wasn't even close, the way Lopez was just snapping Kayaalp forward, shows his incredible strenght, to do that against a beast like Kayaalp who is like 5'11 and weighs close to 285 lbs.

Karelin for sure beat some really great wrestlers, the talentpool is pretty shallow in the 285 lbs category no matter what era we are talking about.

Forget Greco Roman, Aleksandr Karelin is the greatest, most dominant athlete who ever lived.

I once read that Karelin's training inspired the "phone pole in the bleachers" scene from Vision Quest. So, I'm gonna go with him.

Lopez's walking weight as I know -149kg. What about Karelin?

Karelin or who?

I once read that Karelin's training inspired the "phone pole in the bleachers" scene from Vision Quest. So, I'm gonna go with him.

I would like to know what inspired Linda Fiorentino's nipples in Vision Quest :p

I don't really follow wrestling, but I guess athletes improve over time.

there are plenty of records that stood for decades, and wrestling used to be bigger, a lot more countries especially in the communist block used to have a good infrastructure set up for wrestling, in many cases that's gone

even in the USA i think wrestling isn't as big as it was 20 years ago, at least that's what i heard, fewer people doing it and less infrastructure and motivation now

they were gonna take it out of the olympics because of how little interest there is in it

i would say Lopez had better level of competition than Karelin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back