More lame, GSP not defending belt or Conor not defending?

GSP.

Conor fought Mayweather in the break time and gets ZERO credit for it here on sherdog especially considering how well he did and how nobody thought the fight would even get made.

GSP is more skilled than Conor & has more ways to win.
He could easily come back and win safely but he's chickened out.

We know Conor will be back for at least 1 fight, even if he tries boxing again and loses UFC is his safety net.

Yeah GSP vacates. He sees a tough fight and he's out. He sees a Bisping champion he's in. What a beast.

And a disease called ulcerative colitis can not be confirmed by sherbros!

They're both ducks of the highest level. That's why despite being caught twice, Andy and Jones are still considered ahead of them by most real MMA fans.
<{silvanormal}>

GSP, a man who fought and beat every legit top WW in his era, is a duck?

Lol Sherdog logic is so amazing. I know I’ve smoked myself stupid, but I look like fuckin Einstein compared to you nitwits.

GSP.

Conor fought Mayweather in the break time and gets ZERO credit for it here on sherdog especially considering how well he did and how nobody thought the fight would even get made.

GSP is more skilled than Conor & has more ways to win.
He could easily come back and win safely but he's chickened out.

We know Conor will be back for at least 1 fight, even if he tries boxing again and loses UFC is his safety net.

Let me guess dude, you want your kid to get a participation ribbon for getting 8th place in the annual hula-hoop contest right?

At least GSP vacated.

Conor thinks that titles are lifetime appointments. If he had his way, he'd still be FW champ two years after beating Aldo, with no defenses, and having no intention whatsoever of going back to the division.

This is half the truth. GSP is a smart man unlike most sherdoggers. He knew exactly running a McGregor and not defending brings him some hate from some fans. So he used the chance to differ from Conor...BUT he also knows that he never really wanted to defend the belt. He saw the opportunity in an easy fight against one of the weakest champions in modern mma.

I believe that Conor on the other hand wants to leave all possibilities open. I believe that he does not know for sure that he does not defend any of his belts if that makes sense...

Uh Connor obviously. The goat GSP can do whatever the hell he wants with the last few fights of his career.

GSp bought order to the MW division by making Whittaker the champion. I can’t hate him for that.

Conor is 100x worse.

GSP has already solidified his legacy and vacated the title as soon as he got sick and realized he would be out for a while. He also stated multiple times MW is not for him he had a very hard time with it and thinks it didn't do his body very good. Unless he is done fighting I would rather see him fight at his peak than a diminished version that he feels he is at MW.

Conor on the other hand has never defended a belt and been gifted multiple opportunities to leap frog the line. He should take a lesson from GSP and give up the belt not walk around pretending he is still a current double weight champion. He will always be able to say what he was but to pretend he is still a champ right now with no intention of fighting is a joke.
Yes. This. All of it.

Also, GSP didn't need the money. He came back to prove himself.

GSP just fought like, a month and a half ago...he vacated, promptly. Got paid, didn't de-rail the division. Conor (and the UFC) has caused much more chaos in the divisions he has fought in pursuit of money fights and personal glory.

Conor is 100x worse.

GSP has already solidified his legacy and vacated the title as soon as he got sick and realized he would be out for a while. He also stated multiple times MW is not for him he had a very hard time with it and thinks it didn't do his body very good. Unless he is done fighting I would rather see him fight at his peak than a diminished version that he feels he is at MW.

Conor on the other hand has never defended a belt and been gifted multiple opportunities to leap frog the line. He should take a lesson from GSP and give up the belt not walk around pretending he is still a current double weight champion. He will always be able to say what he was but to pretend he is still a champ right now with no intention of fighting is a joke.
If you are not going to defend it then vacate it. Otherwise, I couldn't give a shit what fighters decide to do with their careers.

At least GSP vacated.

Conor thinks that titles are lifetime appointments. If he had his way, he'd still be FW champ two years after beating Aldo, with no defenses, and having no intention whatsoever of going back to the division.

Conor is 100x worse.

TS, page 1 has ALL your answers pretty clearly laid out. Why not add a poll?

If you could not VISIBLY see GSP was terribly proportioned for the Bisping fight, slow, gassing, etc, you do NOT know what you are looking at when you watch MMA. So yeah, he dropped down. He tried it, and his body could not respond like it should. Plus even getting to this weight made him ill. I cannot imagine how this is called ducking.
Second, he holds the UFC "RECORD" for most title defenses. Conor, zero, GSP 13. Do you know what happens in title defenses? You get tested by everything. Every style. Every lucky shot. Sickness. Injuries. Conor is not even in the same universe as GSP.

Obviously conor, he's holding onto it for dear life. At least gsp gave it up to not stall an entire division.

How is that even a question? GSP fought against top welterweights for years. He didn't fit at 185 and had colitis, I don't fault him one bit for vacating the belt. And he DID vacate the belt, freeing up the division.

In contrast, Conor held the 145 pound belt hostage for over a year, and now he's holding the 155 belt hostage for over a year. Conor is worse. Much, much worse.

lol don't even put their names in the same sentence. GSP is a legit GOAT who's paid his dues and doesn't owe shit to anybody. Conor is a fraud of a champion too cowardly to put a belt on the line.

GSP did the right thing.

lame thread imo. connie busy winning other belts and fighting goats.
gsp retired.
lame

both of these guys should be defending their belts. I know that there is reasons their not, GSP is not meant for MW blah blah, and Conor is making shitloads boxing but .....

Now that's over Conor needs to defend. So does GSP, as he can beat the MW champ he can beat others as well.

I personally also think they'd both win and finish and retain their belts if they were to defend.

Considering Conor hasnt done a fraction of what george has in the sport and has never in his fighting history defended a belt ever.....we shoud know the answer

Fuck it, GSP has made plenty of defences in his time and relinquished it as soon as he wasn’t going to defend so far more reasonable than the McGregor situation which is actually making me hate the sport.

Back