More people might go back to MySpace because Facebook is selling your private info

Once Facebook dies I'm done with social media. It seemed like a good idea when it first came out, to be able to connect anybody and everybody on one platform, but it has just turned into a disaster.

And you think MySpace won't?

Everyone's solution to being burned by a data-mining service is to jump to another data-mining service? How do you think MySpace will make hosting all of those users and their content profitable?

MySpace was a lot more fun than Facebook, but it's basically dead right now. I doubt something like the old version is ever coming back...

Can someone briefly explain what all the outrage is about Facebook? They were selling your info? I thought that was common knowledge
It is... but then it was sold used by someone helping the a political campaign without the consent of FB. So it was used for the wrong stuff, essentially.

Can someone briefly explain what all the outrage is about Facebook? They were selling your info? I thought that was common knowledge
Seriously, you have no right to be up in arms when every single app asks for your permission to share the data. I always de-selected it all and left the bare minimum.

People are just pissed caused it had a small role in the election.

If any one of you clowns wants to pay $20 to know who I'm exchanging nude pics with, you're welcome to it. No dent to my life.

honestly facebook sucks simply because of horrible UI.
We have our VK.com which is much more popular than FB here. I guess it also tampers with your data but the company owning it most likely uses it itself since they have their own ad platform so who cares, they already have my data.
I only have Facebook to communicate with my Cuban friends, otherwise would've deleted it long ago.

Fuck that. MySpace sold info as well and I caught them with my data on peekyou.com.
You post nipple pics on the internet, they're gonna get around.

You know that.

I only have Facebook to communicate with my Cuban friends, otherwise would've deleted it long ago.

raekwon-only-built-4-cuban-linx-featured.jpg

<5>

Facebook tells you every step of the way what data you are giving away and has warned people for a while now with improvements to the security settings.

If you use it as a communication tool it's very useful, mostly because nearly everyone is on it.

People who opt out of social media quite often seem to have bad relationships and don't want to be found. Which is fine, but it's not social media's fault.

I think data harvesting is a concern throughout our society, not just in Facebook and I would like more legislative protection.

I got upset at Myspace mass-deleting profiles. I wanted to go back to it and download all the pictures I had, but my profile was gone. So, I'll never go back.

Plus, I've deleted almost all social media.

Turns out some (most?) people are really fucking dumb.

Jesus...I haven't used my Myspace account in like, ten years...fuck is my password.

Been off the social media scene for a while now. Only have Facebook to back up my pics, if I lose my phone I know I can always get them back. Kind of like the cloud, except people also send me funny vids via messenger.

I get my news from the war room. Sherdog covers my needs.

I made a lot of excellent friends on MySpace in the N&P forums. Traveled to several cities to meet some of them in person, and it was great.

MySpace was ten times as friendly as places like Sherdog where most people hide behind anonymity and unleash their inner assholes.

Even if wanted to, i don't remember what email i used, or my password.

Back