More "Tolerance" demonstrated....'We Are Not Civil': Vandals Smash Windows, Spray Paint Doors of NYC

The new left
They're helping to bury the Democratic Party further into the ground....

Good.

The Democrat party needs a fucking wake up call...

One would have thought 2016 would have been it...butbo, they continue to double down on the insanity. ,

I was implying that you believe what these neanderthals are doing is right.

I know you said later on that they should NOT do it(violence) but you're still basically condoning anarchy with your support.

Oh, let me be clear. If I thought that violence was the answer, I would have no moral quandary with it. You can judge me if you want, but Kissinger and his hard power made that moral judgement irrelevant, which is a large part of my outrage. Apparently might means right.

It's just a few random people saying these things, stop fear mongering. You know, random people like DNC heads, senators, Hillary Clinton...

Why didn't they do this shit when Bloomberg was Mayor?

Bunch of freeloading girly men

Oops wrong thread, please delete.

Don't worry guys, I live near Seattle, not Portland.

I didn't write that. Although I am extraordinarily sympathetic to that messege.

Those guys should read a book though. I would recommend from Dictatorship to Democracy, specifically the chapter on attacking organized power, with organized violence. Spoiler alert, it is a bad idea. Attack organized power at it's weak point, which is legitimacy. The use of violence doesn't undermine organized power's legitimacy, it undermines yours.

Good response, even if I don’t share your opinion

I care not for politics, but this childish shit is ridiculous. Catch them, charge them with felony destruction of property and some type of threats charge and show them that it is not a game.

I care not for politics, but this childish shit is ridiculous. Catch them, charge them with felony destruction of property and some type of threats charge and show them that it is not a game.

There doesn't seem to be a game on their end either.

Is this what we have been reduced to? Imho I don't think the Antifa pests and their Liberal supporters want the right to start resorting to the same tactics. I mean...just FYI there is alot more military vets on our side, you don't want the destruction we could rain upon you if we decided to stoop to your boorish behavior.

The left needs to grow up.

The left just needs to pop off some fireworks then... A veterans only weakness besides addiction.

Imagine the shit that's going to go down if the Dems don't take the Senate and House. Doesn't help that you have current members of Congress as well as our former 1st Lady and Attorney general encouraging this behavior.

These Antifa butt-holes are only pushing centrist voters to the right. Level headed rational people are going to turn their nose up at this sort of behavior and not want to align themselves with a party that doesn't condemn these people.
I read this a lot but I think it's overstated. If I decide to vote D it's because I they hold superior policy positions on issues that are important to me, and if I feel the opposite I'll vote R. No I don't support those Antifa assholes but I'm not going to vote against my interests because some people don't know how to act. Allowing such things to influence your vote seems pretty weak-minded and childish to me.

It's just a few random people saying these things, stop fear mongering. You know, random people like DNC heads, senators, Hillary Clinton...
OTOH yeah it's not a good look. I think the Dems felt pre-destined to see Hilary waltz into the White House and losing the election to Donald frickin' Trump is still reverberating through the party. I can't say that what party leaders and prominent voices say is lost on me.

OTOH yeah it's not a good look. I think the Dems felt pre-destined to see Hilary waltz into the White House and losing the election to Donald frickin' Trump is still reverberating through the party. I can't say that what party leaders and prominent voices say is lost on me.

Agreed, i wish more people would acknowledge the reverberations. I also sympathize with your partial agreement with these leaders, but we need more measured people and less animus; Clinton's call to be uncivil should be universally condemned.

I read this a lot but I think it's overstated. If I decide to vote D it's because I they hold superior policy positions on issues that are important to me, and if I feel the opposite I'll vote R. No I don't support those Antifa assholes but I'm not going to vote against my interests because some people don't know how to act. Allowing such things to influence your vote seems pretty weak-minded and childish to me.

Push comes to shove, which demographic within your party do you think the representative you've chosen is going to listen and work to appease? You as a moderate civil citizen unlikely to rise up in rebellion against your parties leaders or the rebellious aggressive vocal young and growing quasi-militant demographic sweeping in from an increasingly dwindling fringe lurk? Polite civil thoughtful law abiding citizens on both sides are being pushed to a middle gray area that is dwindling.

Agreed, i wish more people would acknowledge the reverberations. I also sympathize with your partial agreement with these leaders, but we need more measured people and less animus; Clinton's call to be uncivil should be universally condemned.
I'm not sure why Hillary insists on remaining prominent and vocal since she tends to say things in the worst possible way, I mean if she was a stronger orator she could well be President. I really think she was trying to say that a political party can't gain a foothold by being passive in the face of aggression, which is imminently reasonable, and said it in a "basket of deplorables" kind of way. At any rate I can't stand Antifa and they should be universally condemned and there should be bi-partisan calls for civility in all matters.

Push comes to shove, which demographic within your party do you think the representative you've chosen is going to listen and work to appease? You as a moderate civil citizen unlikely to rise up in rebellion against your parties leaders or the rebellious aggressive vocal young and growing quasi-militant demographic sweeping in from an increasingly dwindling fringe lurk? Polite civil thoughtful law abiding citizens on both sides are being pushed to a middle gray area that is dwindling.
I'm not sure I see the Dems doing anything to appease Antifa so much as not aggressively condemning them, which would be good to see. Like with the vandals that are the subject of this thread, it's not the message (though of course there is room for debate), it's the tactics which are condemnable. I don't think Antifa is shaping Dem policy, and I vote on policy.

At any rate I do find your post to be very reasonable and I see where you're coming from.

Back