More troops headed to Afghanistan after 17 years

You literally just said my sources were "liberal sources" and refused to address the information in them.

That's fucking rich coming from deflection woman.

2lVrLNk.gif

Just as follow up:
https://www.nationalreview.com/2015/07/iraq-obama-iran-sunni/

https://www.theatlantic.com/interna...mas-disastrous-iraq-policy-an-autopsy/373225/

You argued half the story. Because all you ever read is the ultra Left perspective and just run with it. It's obvious by the sources you use and the fact that you acted like this information was ridiculous. Because you'd literally never heard it before. Because it isn't far Left, pro Obama shilling.

So Huffpo isn't a massively Liberal source? Can you read? I said you were telling half the story. I didn't say your argument was untrue. Nice meme though....

Was HuffPo the only source I posted?

Deflection woman deflects again!

I'll accept that concession, you fuckin mook.

Try to imagine that there's something called looking after one's national interest. I'm not saying every choice in our relevant history was great but that's all arguable and subjective.

Yes. National security is dealing with *your own nation's* security. For example, if another country comes and attacks your country.

National security is not paying for the security of *another country's* border. National security is not murdering innocent people in foreign lands when you pick sides in their civil wars. National security is not policing the world. National security is not building roads schools and bridges in other countries. National security is not spending trillions of taxpayer dollars on wars in other countries that never end.

You have been fed the statist lie and you've never thought twice about it. Wake up.

tell them the dude at the bazaars at Camp Dubs, Alamo, KIA, Phoenix and Julien all have dope deals on bootleg movies

also, they sell kebaps generally of lamb, chicken, and beef.....except i wasn't seeing no cows or chickens anywhere around there if you feel me. That foot bread was on pt though

Yes. National security is dealing with *your own nation's* security. For example, if another country comes and attacks your country.

National security is not paying for the security of *another country's* border. National security is not murdering innocent people in foreign lands when you pick sides in their civil wars. National security is not policing the world. National security is not building roads schools and bridges in other countries. National security is not spending trillions of taxpayer dollars on wars in other countries that never end.

You have been fed the statist lie and you've never thought twice about it. Wake up.

Economic security is national security. US-based global conglomerates' security is national security. If you want to build up an economic empire, making the whole world your paying customers is a 'good' idea. Sadly, many steps America did take ended up with getting their ass bitten back.

Economic security is national security. US-based global conglomerates' security is national security. If you want to build up an economic empire, making the whole world your paying customers is a 'good' idea. Sadly, many steps America did take ended up with getting their ass bitten back.

What kind of money is there in Afghanistan? absolutely nothing.

No president wants to accept that Afghanistan is lost and they just keep burning money there.

It's a good battlefield, viable reason to justify military spending, thus making weapon makers some money.

Spoken like someone with zero knowledge on the subject lol.

This country sucks... We should removing every single US service member from Afghanistan.

We should be removing every single US service member from Afghanistan.

Yes, but now all that information is 'classified' or unavailable. The Pentagon is now not going to admit or deny American 'boots on the ground'. Same for casualties.
"Pentagon strips Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria troop numbers from the web."
Link: https://www.militarytimes.com/news/...raq-afghanistan-syria-troop-numbers-from-web/

I wonder how the 'Freedom of Information Act' is going to play into this issue. Soldiers have families, I wonder if they have been told to keep their mouth shut. They can say a family member is deployed, but not the location. Very strange coming from the Pentagon.

I don't think either side wants that

Maybe not the voters, sure, but the party brass and the bureaucracy have a pretty clear revealed preference for war, all rhetoric to the contrary aside.

My fair hope is that the NATO troops who die and are wounded in Afghanistan marginally improve the living situation of some of the people there. Afghanistan will not become a democracy, or even governable, in any kind of meaningful time frame, so not actively worsening things is all I can really hope for at this point.

True. They certainly don't give a shit about the 23 American veterans committing suicide every day. That's 690 Americans dead right here in the United States every month. Yeap, higher figures than Afghanistan, Iraq, and Syria combined. 8,280 in one year. This has been going on for many years now and Americans don't know and don't care.

My understanding is that the veteran suicide rate is higher, but not that much higher, than the civilian rate, for men; about 50% higher. Women are another story, and much more likely to kill themselves if they are veterans. So while I agree that suicide should be addressed, more than 40,000 Americans kill themselves each year. And if you look at the demographics of the veterans dying, they trend older than you would expect.

But this is a conversation for another thread.

Many of the members and soldiers of AQ are SA born, true. But they didn't train there, and there aren't terror camps in SA. Fundamentalists with a mind for terrorism move to camp countries, of which there were many but now are fewer for some mysterious reason. You could bring up the Jordanian terrorists or any number of other countries with active AQ branches or affiliates.

I sey nuke em. People should learn how to fear the attom again.

So while I agree that suicide should be addressed, more than 40,000 Americans kill themselves each year. And if you look at the demographics of the veterans dying, they trend older than you would expect.

A good post. What is more interesting is that many of those veterans committing suicide never deployed, or if deployed, never saw combat. So, that tells me that the problem was there prior to the military.

Hopefully the increased manpower can further streamline the opium export, as a concerned consumer I want the prices to be more competitive!

Back