Mortal Kombat II question

Kassitus

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Hey guys. About 20 years ago I used to play mortal kombat II with my brother and today I bought a SNES to play it again. There is something strange about it though; the game only gives you 5 continues, which is brutal, yet I remember me and my brother made it to Goro, the second last boss. I dont remember having to worry about continues. Playing the game now it seems almost certainly impossible that me and my brother actually did that, because we were like 6 or 7 years old. So I was wondering if anyone who has or had MK2 knows of a loophole around the 5 continues? Like if you play a multiplayer match does it restock your continues or something like that?

Alternatively maybe we were actually playing mortal kombat 1 but thought it was 2 for some reason, maybe we were little MK gods, or maybe its some kind of mandela effect false memory.

Damn this brings back memories, honestly I don't recall having just 5 continues - but maybe that was because I was young, played all the time, and this kind of games werent much of a challange ;)

1 had Goro, not 2.

1 had Goro, not 2.
I just watched a playthrough and you are right, but MK2 has the guy who looks just like Goro but is named Kintaro. It is starting to look like a strong possibility we were actually playing MK1 though.

The solution to almost any problem in the original MK trilogy is j.LK. Fully embracing the power of j.LK will reduce the need for Continues.

Get good and you won't need 5 continues.

I just watched a playthrough and you are right, but MK2 has the guy who looks just like Goro but is named Kintaro. It is starting to look like a strong possibility we were actually playing MK1 though.

MK 1 had endurance matches where you fought 2 fighters before goro.

MK2 didnt have that.

Dude, there was a cheat code where you could kill any enemy with 2 punches.

Even with that code, beating the female purple ninja was extremely difficult, she had a roll and a teleport move that made landing a jumping kick and/or get over here + uppercut ridiculously difficult

Dude, there was a cheat code where you could kill any enemy with 2 punches.

Even with that code, beating the female purple ninja was extremely difficult, she had a roll and a teleport move that made landing a jumping kick and/or get over here + uppercut ridiculously difficult
Game boy version you just had to do low kicks against Goro.

The solution to almost any problem in the original MK trilogy is j.LK. Fully embracing the power of j.LK will reduce the need for Continues.
What is the meaning of these riddles?

WTF? How can you not tell the difference between MK1 and MK2?!

Did your version have Sonya Blade in it? How about a bald gargoyle named Baraka?

Jump low kick. Abuse jump low kick like the AI abuses the ability to read your controller.
I recently played MK2 arcade on MAME and fuuuuucccckkkkk is that controller reading cheap. The computer immediately reacts to whatever you attack it with. The SNES version is a lot more forgiving.

I recently played MK2 arcade on MAME and fuuuuucccckkkkk is that controller reading cheap. The computer immediately reacts to whatever you attack it with. The SNES version is a lot more forgiving.

That's the way it was back then. There were other games with much cheaper AI than that too. Then there was the earlier revisions of MK2...oh boy.

Just go on gamefaqs or cheat code Central and get some cheats man.

I picked up Mortal Kombat XL and it's pretty damn awesome. Hard to play on an arcade stick with that damn block button though. That's always been my gripe about MK, back for block should be standard in fighting games.

Still remmember the cheats for MK1 on Genesis...

ABACABB
DULLARD

WTF? How can you not tell the difference between MK1 and MK2?!

Did your version have Sonya Blade in it? How about a bald gargoyle named Baraka?
Its just vague childhood memories. But I am 90% sure what happened is we had both 1 and 2 but mostly played 1 and I assumed the memory was 2.

Does anyone have MK2 on the ps3? I'm pretty good and always down to play some fights online

Does anyone have MK2 on the ps3? I'm pretty good and always down to play some fights online
If you have discord there are these guys called the retro survivors who run old emulated games over the internet there and I played MK2 on it with some guys.

Back