Mortal Kombat XL still worth it?

MKX is legit dude! There is lots of combo potential and it’s still got a decent online following. However, I only play NRS fighting games. I’m biased.

I just started it 2wks ago. Im on level 6.
I must say the cgi scenes are awful and look like last gen graphics.
I also hate you have to play as characters you dont select during the story mode. Ill finish the game but thats it. .

I also hate you have to play as characters you dont select during the story mode. Ill finish the game but thats it. .

I wasn't a fan of that in MK9.

My biggest issue with the story is Liu Kang and Kitana still being dead. They're my favorite original characters and have glorified cameos as villains.

(I watched the cutscenes online.)

I wasn't a fan of that in MK9.

My biggest issue with the story is Liu Kang and Kitana still being dead. They're my favorite original characters and have glorified cameos as villains.

(I watched the cutscenes online.)
Yeah once i saw the scenes,i laughed. Ill finish the game just to see how the story plays out. But theres so many characters i have no clue who they are. Yet i have to play as them...

I just started it 2wks ago. Im on level 6.
I must say the cgi scenes are awful and look like last gen graphics.

I think I stopped somewhere around Sonya's timeline. This is what I miss about having all the basic moves being the same. It's awesome if you know everyone's style, but fuck shit, each time a new character came up, I had to pause the game, look at the move list, look at the combo list, and do my best. once the moves started to just become memorized, on to the next character and repeat. Like I said earlier, it's more WORK than FUN.

I think I stopped somewhere around Sonya's timeline. This is what I miss about having all the basic moves being the same. It's awesome if you know everyone's style, but fuck shit, each time a new character came up, I had to pause the game, look at the move list, look at the combo list, and do my best. once the moves started to just become memorized, on to the next character and repeat. Like I said earlier, it's more WORK than FUN.
Exactly. Once you memorize the move list the next fight is someone else. Im on the Sonya level now. I did like how you had to plan how to attack CANo with the kicks. Much easier

I was reminiscing about how much I loved the original game for Sega and I downloaded MKX for iOS. Holy shit this game is awesome

Yes. The variations make this an incredibly replayable game. If your an online player you may get washed by the sweats who have 3 years but NR fighters always have plenty of offline content

Yes. The variations make this an incredibly replayable game. If your an online player you may get washed by the sweats who have 3 years but NR fighters always have plenty of offline content
It should be replayable. Absolutely agree.

I gotta say MKXL is probably the best MK since MK3. They did do a nice job on this game.

My biggest gripe is I hate the block button. This game seems more designed for controllers. The only way I can see it working well with my stick is if I get one of these custom plates for my HRAP3, but I don't care enough about the game for that.

HRAP_mk.jpg

Back