Mortal Wombats awesome long review of FN140

It's a good read bro. I was just goofing. :p
I know broski. Said I would do it yesterday. I guess it's been so so long in the making. I imagine Im not the only one who has been into MMA/UFC for ages and not been before. I was fucking buzzing last night I even danced to fucking Cumbia music LOL.

Dude I spent 5 trying to find one of her. If you find please post.

Don't tell me It's one of these:

ring-girls-ufc-fight-night-140-weigh-ins.jpg

Well done. Yes middle one is curvy as. Elbows too pointy on the usuals.

You should be banned for a week for this. First you post about "aregentinian ring girls" which are not argentinian (All 3 are Brazilian), you put 0 pics, plus this blonde one is currently the most ugly ring girl in UFC (but that is matter of taste).

<Sansa00>

You should be banned for a week for this. First you post about "aregentinian ring girls" which are not argentinian (All 3 are Brazilian), you put 0 pics, plus this blonde one is currently the most ugly ring girl in UFC (but that is matter of taste).

<Sansa00>
Dude chill out, the crowd loved her. Brazil isn't that far from Argentina.

Sounds like you had a great time. The card turned out to be very entertaining.

Sounds like you had a great time. The card turned out to be very entertaining.
Thanks mate! Yeah was the first of many. Was hoping to bump into Lauzon in the bar. Guy would be cool to have a drink with I reckon.

Now the horrendous hangover is getting better and the smoke is clearing I can member the night before. Fucking wow. Just wow.
View attachment 473517
Before getting into it I need to address the likes of @Natesblackshirt that judged the card before it even took place. Why would you rob yourself of potential great fights and a good night out? He wasn't the only one. Few casuals that weren't going to bother watching too. We need to stop this notion of trashing things before they happen.

Ok so this review is mostly for those that haven't been before and are wondering what it's like. I'm going off this only one in Buenos Aires so I don't know how big the difference will be to say Vegas. Those that have been you might find it a little boring or you can add some other things that new goers might find helpful.

Arena
In case it happens again in BA should you come there is free parking outside and there is some street food that is good to go! But they wont let you inside with it so smash it with some beers before. Was very quick to get in, no BS well done Argentina.

Coming in around the last fight of the pre-lims I noticed how many empty seats there were, mostly at the top of all sides. It's not a super big arena as well so that was the only major problem for me but when something happened the crowd was loud enough.

The other shitty thing is you cant take your beer to the seats, I have no idea if you usually can or not but it was annoying to quickly smash a beer then run back and forth. Plus you cant smoke in the drinking area which I dont give a shit but my mates were running to drink, then smoke then back. Eh little but just a heads up.

I was in the first row of the first elevation (lack of a better word) and I would def sit there again. VIP looked good because you can move around and have an open bar what not but I liked the slight incline than decline. Im assuming.....lol
View attachment 473519

Crowd
Now from my last thread about this being my first event many of you shared some stories, especially the amount of punch ons in the crowd. Well I didn't see anything like that and everyone I met and spoke to were super cool. Again well done Argentina.

They really cheered for striking but for some of the nice takedowns like Lamas did twice it was virtually silent. Some big ones they did but for most part not much. It's nitpicking but maybe because the country has a big history in Boxing and not wrestling, grappling??

When Cannetti and Ponzi were fighting the place lit up. Awesome. Fucking awesome!

Fights
Ok so this might be the stupidest thing I will say and it took me by full surprise were the lights. We all see on TV the entrance, the music, the lights but when the fight started the way it all goes pitch black and just the octagon lights up was really really cool. Its like a spotlight on stage. Instant attention. Place was silent and you can hear EVERYTHING.

Which brings me onto the next point. The canvas. It's loud. Watching it we get the microphones but there you can hear and feel the power of big takedowns, the snapping of the leg kicks (for those that haven't trained before), and some punches.

The First fight. I'm not a fan of WMMA for the most part but I will admit they shut me the fuck up. First fight (UFC) I see and they fucking brung it. Great movement by both girls, great finish, great start.

Next up, hometown favourite. Crowd getting into it. Awesome first round and was looking good for Cannetti but Vera's corners advice was perfect (watched replay then) and he landed some hectos knees. Was a good fight.

The stinker. Biggest let down of the night. Not that they didn't throw bombs or they aren't talented just was 15 minutes of nothing ness for the most part. I have seen worse and maybe because they energy from the fight before made it look shit.

JOHNY WALKER! Well he just gained a new massive fan and the crowd loved him. Dem elbows. WOW. Dudes got skills and personality. Much needed in a dying division. Hope him and Reyes meet.

Co main baby. The start of the next 7 rounds of brutal leg kicks and my Muay Thai dick got hard. Great performance by Lamas and got to give it up for Elkins, dude has heart. Good stoppage by the ref imo.

THE BIG ONE!
I thought Ponzi showed himself to be a serious contender by fighting a smart fight. He was very patient and picked everything well. Magny deserves praise and it looked like a horrible night for him from the beginning. Eating monster kicks, eye jabbed in and a few body jabs landed too. Give the guy respect for lasting 4 rounds with a killer like Ponzi. Crowd and myself went mental and a perfect end so a great card.

Overall
In the end I would have given it an 8/10. The let downs were the no drinks while watching, no tv in the bar i think, empty seats, one stinker and none of my favourite fighters were on butI would def go again in BA. Good thing was the entire production. Dana and co know what the fuck they're doing. Good crowd and we had some for the highlights. Hope some of you get the idea and if you have a chance just fucking go!

Bonus
Argentinian ring girls.....That blondys ass. I would swim mouth open in a pool of shit, to suck the dick of the last guy that spoke to her.
You are mortal wombat from hardmob?

Hell yea @Mortal Wombat glad to hear you had a blast. Thanks for the pictures and the stories from the night.
giphy.gif

Thats the positive vibe im on brother! Yeah was unreal. Fun watching it back again too.
That’s always fun. Getting to pick up on things that you might have missed during the fights.

Right on man. Plenty of people has negative things to say about that card, but I thought it delivered.
I might go to Fight NIght ESPN in February. It's the first card to be aired on network ESPN, so maybe they'll try to stack it a little bit.

Back