Most accomplished wrestler to cross over in mma

Idonotbelieveit

winning
@Gold
Reaction score
i think randy couture and its not even close.

Randy showed Greco and freestyle, freestyle shocked many when he double legged tito and chuck, randy was known as Greco

Coleman and Kerr only showd one style really, same with Hughes. In modern times.

Randy showed Greco and freestyle, freestyle shocked many when he double legged tito and chuck, randy was known as Greco

Coleman and Kerr only showd one style really, same with Hughes. In modern times.
Randy vs van arsedale was so exciting to watch , arsedale more accomplished and younger but they had a wrestling match with MMA rules. Loved that fight.

Bilyal Makhov and it's not even close.

- 3x freestyle wrestling world champion
- Olympic bronze medalist
- First wrestler in 43 years to medal at worlds in both freestyle and greco

Randy isn't even close to being the most accomplished wrestler. He never won an NCAA title, never won worlds, never actually competed at the olympics.

Just from Americans....Lawal, Kos, Phil Davis, Ben Askren, Hendricks, Henderson and Daniel Cormier are all more accomplished.

Put him in randy's place he'd beat great. At time

A lot of wrestlers were great fighters, couture was probably goat

Randy isn't even close to being the most accomplished wrestler. He never won an NCAA title, never won worlds, never actually competed at the olympics.

Just from Americans....Lawal, Kos, Phil Davis, Ben Askren, Hendricks, Henderson and Daniel Cormier are all more accomplished.
Randy is best at crossing over.

He's accomplished at Greco and freestyle. An Olympic alternate Few times.

Maybe Hendo is on par with randy rest ain't. Randy showed elite wrestling skills in MMA, Greco and freestyle

Not at MMA, except Hendo.

Name a wrestler that showed Greco and freestyle like randy ?

Randy said he only played round with free style but he still double legged chuck with ease and tito. And controlled them with ease

Dan Severn probably next choice

Romero is pretty damn good at both. i honestly dont think Randy would have much for him in the wrestling department in MMA. Def not in straight freestyle, either, obv. Romero has wins over 3 gold medalists and 5 different world champs. Including of course a multiple wins over Cael Sanderson.

Romero is pretty damn good at both. i honestly dont think Randy would have much for him in the wrestling department in MMA. Def not in straight freestyle, either, obv. Romero has wins over 3 gold medalists and 5 different world champs. Including of course a multiple wins over Cael Sanderson.

Good point ' MMA though it's all different .

Not many guys out wrestled randy and won, brock beat him but he didn't out wrestle him. I thought an old randy controlled brawk

Randleman out wrestled randy every round but lost in end.

Much more accomplished wrestler like rulon gardnercompleted but he didn't do well, actually randy was his coach.

I haven't seen a better wrestler cross over as an MMA figter and be a boss like randy

Dan Severn and coleman did, but they wasn't as good as randy

Matt Hughes did, but he was freestyle

Randy was also in a much different era of MMA. You think he walks into LHW today and tosses around Jones and Cormier??

i dont see it.

Romero is weird because he doesnt really go for takedowns that often. He likes to bang. Once in awhile he shows you scary explosion, technique and takes ppl down, seemingly, at will. He also started the game too late. Randy might have beat him, idk. Wish Romero started MMA younger. Then again, Randy started late, too but like i said, it was a different game back then. I think Romero would have dominated back then, too.

Romero is pretty damn goo. d at both. i honestly dont think Randy would have much for him in the wrestling department in MMA. Def not in straight freestyle, either, obv. Romero has wins over 3 gold medalists and 5 different world champs. Including of course a multiple wins over Cael Sanderson.
Probably right in freestyle, but they said that vs van arsedale.

Randy is a beast . I've only seen one guy out wrestle randy and that was randleman

Randy was also in a much different era of MMA. You think he walks into LHW today and tosses around Jones and Cormier??

i dont see it.

Romero is weird because he doesnt really go for takedowns that often. He likes to bang. Once in awhile he shows you scary explosion and technique and takes ppl down, seemingly, at will. He also started the game too late. Randy might have beat him, idk.

I'd love to see randy of 03 vs Jones of today. No body thought randy would rag doll tito and chuck but he did.

I'd love to see randy of 03 vs Jones of today. No body thought randy would rag doll tito and chuck but he did.

yea but Jones isnt Tito. His striking is dangerous. His reach is insane. Getting inside on JJ is a whole different ball game than getting inside on Tito.

I would love to see how Randy approached that puzzle. Kinda of how i wanted to see how Randy would approach Machida's style..... prob too old but i honestly think Machida beats him a majority of the time in his prime, too.

Randy took chuck down every fight. Tito fight I think every round

Randy in 2/3 fights he chose to stand

Lots of people took Chuck down. Having the matwork to hold him there is something else. And Chuck had better matwork....which is a part of wrestling.

yea but Jones isnt Tito. His striking is dangerous. His reach is insane. Getting inside on JJ is a whole different ball game than getting inside on Tito.

Would be tough, but no body was better than randy in clinch.

A lot of people bring Vera fight up, but Randy was done at that point, he still controlled to ud. At 44.

Prime randy puta Jones on his ass, a lot quicker than dc

Lots of people took Chuck down. Having the matwork to hold him there is something else. And Chuck had better matwork....which is a part of wrestling.

Yeah randy out worked him and out wrestled at 42 . And against prime chuck

Chuck was a good wrestler, a lot better than tito.

Randy out of prime still destroyed, Ive only seen one wrestler compete with randy in MMA.

Comier is more accomplished in wrestling but he isn't as accomplished as randy in MMA. Which is the point of thread

Back