Most accomplished wrestler to cross over in mma

I think he's actually trying to ask who is the most accomplished amateur wrestler who is also the most accomplished in mma.

I'd probably go with Romero. He's a top 3 guy with a World gold and multiple silvers and bronzes.

Cormier has an interim belt along with a World Bronze and Olympic 4th place finish.

Cejudo Olympic Gold and a UFC title shot

Matt Lindland choked out the Michael Jordan of BJJ and is an Olympic and World Silver medalist

Randy wasn't really close to these guys in wrestling and while he has the UFC hardware he also has had some ugly losses and ugly wins.

I'd probably go with Romero. He's a top 3 guy with a World gold and multiple silvers and bronzes.

Cormier has an interim belt along with a World Bronze and Olympic 4th place finish.

Cejudo Olympic Gold and a UFC title shot

Matt Lindland choked out the Michael Jordan of BJJ and is an Olympic and World Silver medalist

Randy wasn't really close to these guys in wrestling and while he has the UFC hardware he also has had some ugly losses and ugly wins.
Agree with everything except for DC having an interim belt lol

Randy is two time Lhw champ and 3 time HW champ and think HW tourney winner

Wrestling randy owns him it's not even close.

On paper randy wins.

It's like comparing tito to van arsedale

Jones MMA wrestling is sick, I loved his fight vs bonner

Fact in both, if you can show facts that Jones accomplished more than randy in both please do

Simple. Longer title reign, more finishes and dominance over opponents, never actually lost the belt, technically undefeated. Randy was the best guy at making a comeback when everyone thought he should retire.

Randy is two time Lhw champ and 3 time HW champ and think HW tourney winner

Wrestling randy owns him it's not even close.

On paper randy wins.

It's like comparing tito to van arsedale

Jones MMA wrestling is sick, I loved his fight vs bonner

Fact in both, if you can show facts that Jones accomplished more than randy in both please do

You know why Randy was a 5 or 6 time UFC champ? BECAUSE HE KEPT FUCKING LOSING. Jones has 0 real losses in his MMA career and beat virtually every top contender in his division. Couture lost to Inoue and some no namer Russian before he was even a name.

You know why Randy was a 5 or 6 time UFC champ? BECAUSE HE KEPT FUCKING LOSING. Jones has 0 real losses in his MMA career and beat virtually every top contender in his division. Couture lost to Inoue and some no namer Russian before he was even a name.
All the top guys had more losses in that era. They fought more frequently, with inferior preparation and the technique of the sport was full of unknowns and surprises. Is Buster Douglas a more accomplished boxer than Jack Dempster?

All the top guys had more losses in that era. They fought more frequently

Randy fought 30 times in 14 years, Jones has fought 23 times in 8 years....

with inferior preparation

and against inferior competition...

and the technique of the sport was full of unknowns and surprises. Is Buster Douglas a more accomplished boxer than Jack Dempster?

So let's say in a hypothetical world we start Randy Jones off in MMA at the same time period with the same training, who do you thin would end up being the better figher?

All the top guys had more losses in that era. They fought more frequently, with inferior preparation and the technique of the sport was full of unknowns and surprises. Is Buster Douglas a more accomplished boxer than Jack Dempster?

Did Buster Douglas clean out his division without taking a loss? No? Then you're comparison is retarded.

Randy fought some sick competetition , and was undersized in a few

He's more accomplished than Jones fact .

Randy fought some sick competetition , and was undersized in a few

He's more accomplished than Jones fact .

Sick competition? How about:

Shogun
Rampage
Machida
Gustaffson
Bader
Vera
Cormier
Belfort
Texiera
Rashad
OSP

Fuck I hate Jones and can't believe I'm defending him but no. Just no. Jones has defended the belt 9 fucking times since he won it and has 0 real losses in his career (even though I still maintain Gustaffson won the 4th and beat him but the judges don't agree).

Let's compare that to Couture's UFC stretch
Randleman
Rizzo x2
Barnett (lost)
Ricco (lost)
Chuck
Tito
Belfort (x2...he did technically lose the 1st one but that's basically in the same vein as Jones' loss to Hamill)
Liddell (loss)
Van Arsdale
Liddell (loss)
Sylvia
Gonzaga
Brock (loss)
Big Nog (loss)
Vera
Coleman
Toney
Machida (loss)

You can't, with a straight face, tell me Couture's resume is better than Jones'.

Sick competition? How about:

Shogun
Rampage
Machida
Gustaffson
Bader
Vera
Cormier
Belfort
Texiera
Rashad
OSP

Fuck I hate Jones and can't believe I'm defending him but no. Just no. Jones has defended the belt 9 fucking times since he won it and has 0 real losses in his career (even though I still maintain Gustaffson won the 4th and beat him but the judges don't agree).

Let's compare that to Couture's UFC stretch
Randleman
Rizzo x2
Barnett (lost)
Ricco (lost)
Chuck
Tito
Belfort (x2...he did technically lose the 1st one but that's basically in the same vein as Jones' loss to Hamill)
Liddell (loss)
Van Arsdale
Liddell (loss)
Sylvia
Gonzaga
Brock (loss)
Big Nog (loss)
Vera
Coleman
Toney
Machida (loss)

You can't, with a straight face, tell me Couture's resume is better than Jones'.
I have a feeling "everything was better back in his day/that era" for TS

Anyone who thinks Randy Couture was better or more dominant than Jon Jones doesn't know much about MMA. Jones has never been beaten in the cage despite fighting most of the best LHWs of all time. Randy had great wins, but he had terrible losses as well. You simply can't lose that many times and be considered above arguably the GOAT LHW if not P4P fighter. 19-11 is not the record of the GOAT.

Did Buster Douglas clean out his division without taking a loss? No? Then you're comparison is retarded.
I wasn't comparing Douglas to Jones, dipshit, but picking out two world championship fighters with equal numbers of losses from different eras.

Jones clearly has the best LHW resume ever, honorable mention to 2005 Shogun for likely making the most horrific mess of his contemporaries.
So let's say in a hypothetical world we start Randy Jones off in MMA at the same time period with the same training, who do you thin would end up being the better figher?
That's not really answerable, especially bearing in mind that Earth Prime Randy first fought MMA when he was four years older than Jones is now.

There is no way to dispute Couture in the way you are presenting the question. He wasn't even close to being the most accomplished wrestler to TRANSITION to mma. Who had the most MMA success coming from a wrestling background, maybe. But that was more of a testament to the times than his skills. Darrion Caldwell and Ben Askren would demolish Randy in the wrestling department. Because of guys like Randy, every fighter's TDD become more polished. If Royce didn't fight Matt Hughes later in his career, he could have carried this same type of illusion in BJJ IMO.

I wasn't comparing Douglas to Jones, dipshit, but picking out two world championship fighters with equal numbers of losses from different eras.

Jones clearly has the best LHW resume ever, honorable mention to 2005 Shogun for likely making the most horrific mess of his contemporaries.
That's not really answerable, especially bearing in mind that Earth Prime Randy first fought MMA when he was four years older than Jones is now.

So now Jones and Couture have an equal number of losses? I guess they count differently in Limeyland...

Back