Most cliche things fighters say

Just wanna go out and put 9n a show for the fans.

"You know, it is what it is"
"You know, I'm going to go out there and put on a show"

And for Kevin lee it's just

"You know"
“You know, like...” to be more precise.

"im putting it all on the line" then shows up looking half asleep and proceeds to do light sparring for 3 rds

"im looking for the knockout'

"i didn't follow the gameplan"

This was the best camp of my life.
He was the better fighter tonight.
I have a lot of respect for him and used to watch his fights as a kid, but I'm the new breed.
You can do all the talking, but once we are inside that cage, I will [...].
Just wanted to say Beterbiev's the man. Hope he fights Bivol/Stevenson soon.

When fighters that are not latin Americans do the cross sign and kiss their thumb.

First of all, protestants don't do the cross sign, that's a catholic thing.

Then the thumb kissing thing is specific to Latin America.

So awkward when White guys of Northern Euro stock start imitating Brazilians.

Me too! Entertaining guy in and outside of the cage.

source.gif
Tony grows a second head at the end of this GIF.

"I got caught, it happens. A fights a fight"
-someone who got knocked out

PLEASE DANA PLEASE GIVE ME THE BONUS MY FAMILY ARE STARVING, WE TRIED BUT WE CANT LIVE OFF EATING REEBOK SNEAKERS

My peeve is when a non-English-speaking fighter is asked a simple question through an in-cage interpreter, and then proceeds to have a five-paragraph response (of which the interpreter loosely interprets maybe 10%).

English is not my first language, and in life and at work, I often have to either interpret for others or rely on an interpreter (in dealng with patients who sorak Japanese, Urdu, Mandarin, etc). This experience makes me have an appreciation for how a multi-lingual conversation should flow, and being concise (and actively listening instead of waiting fir your turn to speak) is key.

So in these in-cage situations, I blame the fighter, their interpreter, and the interviewer. It’s a waste of time, and it happens so often, that it is a cliche.

"It it what it is"
"I'll fight whoever UFC puts in front of me"
"I thought I did enough to win"
"I'm ready for a money-fight!"

Back