Most cliche things fighters say

My peeve is when a non-English-speaking fighter is asked a simple question through an in-cage interpreter, and then proceeds to have a five-paragraph response (of which the interpreter loosely interprets maybe 10%).

English is not my first language, and in life and at work, I often have to either interpret for others or rely on an interpreter (in dealng with patients who sorak Japanese, Urdu, Mandarin, etc). This experience makes me have an appreciation for how a multi-lingual conversation should flow, and being concise (and actively listening instead of waiting fir your turn to speak) is key.

So in these in-cage situations, I blame the fighter, their interpreter, and the interviewer. It’s a waste of time, and it happens so often, that it is a cliche.
So, so true.

I eat my shit whole
Where's Ronda s fine ass at
I clearly felt him tap
IMA dig in that ass

Im the most violent motherfucker on this planet
Im just happy to be here
Im so grateful
I wanna say thank you to my coaches, my sparring partners.
*mumbling in foreign language* which nobody gives a fuck about.

"I have the advantage wherever the fight goes... on the feet, or on the ground".

Deep

"I expect to face the best version of _______ ever"

Last edited:
It seems many people don't understand the meaning of cliche

He's never fought anyone like me.

I'm better than him everywhere.

I'm gonna be champ.

No one trains harder than me.

There's someone who says all of these and every other cliche thing a fighter can say... But you could prolly figure it out..

Weidman?

" It's not about the money ...... I intend to put on a show for the fans".

"You just wanna go out there and give 110%. You wanna fight good, you hope you fight good. I think I fought pretty good toniight!" 587c10c932ffc3fd0abc15d3eeae82df.jpg

We should consider ourselves lucky that fighters have as much personality as they do. SOme other sports, like hockey... Goddamn, they're like cardboard cutouts. Zero personality (they are told what to say)

I know I'm going to be the champ.

It's straight up kill or be killed.

I want to fuck Chuck.

Back