Most embarrassing fall...

are there any doubts that it was Rousey's loss to Holm??, she was so embarrassed that she couldn't even face the cameras for months

Yep, Ronda's #1
Rockhold and Anderson were mentioned

Others that come to mind:

Overeem versus Bigfoot
Cain versus JDS 1
Penn vs GSP 2 (although it wasn't a KO)
Bisping vs Henderson
Aldo vs Conor
Shogun's sub loss to Chael

Ronda easily. How df can one be in MMA but can't take a loss? Has to walk around covering face with a purple pillow ffs

At the time, I was convinced it was simply to hide her jaw being wired shut and keeping it under wraps. Hindsight always being 20/20 like it is...having seen her against Nunes, Rousey really was mentally shattered. She was like a deer in headlights and Nunes was teeing off on her at will. I'm kind of surprised Herb Dean didn't stop it earlier.

If you can't handle losing... MMA is probably the last sport you want to be in.

At the time, I was convinced it was simply to hide her jaw being wired shut and keeping it under wraps. Hindsight always being 20/20 like it is...having seen her against Nunes, Rousey really was mentally shattered. She was like a deer in headlights and Nunes was teeing off on her at will. I'm kind of surprised Herb Dean didn't stop it earlier.

If you can't handle losing... MMA is probably the last sport you want to be in.
And let's not forget the suicidal thoughts too...

I actually also want to add TRT Vitor (was not a champion but...)...Made realize how much of a front runner regular Vitor is. I kinda always thought he was but I remember him coming back from a bad spot and choking Rumble out...As we all know now, it might not say much since Rumble can also qualify as a front runner.

2e34rxf.jpg
... what the fuck?

Gotta be Ronda.
Jones is a close-ish second.

Whether you fight for a living or not, losing is part of life. It either builds you up or destroys you and it can also be super embarrassing. We've seen a lot of belts change hands in dramatic fashion in the past 2, 3 years. Out of all the champions who recently lost their throne, which one did in the most embarrassing fashion IYO?

My pick (and I'm salty even saying that since he's one of my all time fave) is Anderson Silva. He not only got KOed stiff and his head bounced off the canvas but the man had turned into Bozo the clown minutes before staring at the lights unconscious. That shit still hurts today.

Since Silva, we've seen Aldo, Cain, Rousey, etc. So which was the most dramatic/embarrassing one for you?

IMO the worse one is Ronda.
Not because of her fall to someone who had great gameplan and great standup game to beat her, but because of how she took the loss.

I mean, it could have been Cruz.
Everyone had "hot head" Cody not being a good matchup for him, and he end up doing to Cruz what Cruz used to do to his opponents. And he was perfect doing it.

But the way cruz took the beating just dismissed the fact he was humiliated and beaten on his own game.

Ronda, and it isn't close.

I'm with you 100%. No one was nearly as arrogant as she was, no one has ever been thought to be as dominant as she was, and then she got beaten pillar to post, ran away from home, then came back to get whooped once more, and will never be seen again.

Barao's fall was pretty bad. Considered #1 P4P, fights Dillashaw a late replacement who no one gave a chance. Gets KOed, gets a second chance but fails the weight cut. When the fight gets made again, he is so out of his depth he is dispatched sooner than before.

Since then, he hasn't found his way, at BW or FW. His only wins of course are some low ranked guys.

Barao's fall was pretty bad. Considered #1 P4P, fights Dillashaw a late replacement who no one gave a chance. Gets KOed, gets a second chance but fails the weight cut. When the fight gets made again, he is so out of his depth he is dispatched sooner than before.

Since then, he hasn't found his way, at BW or FW. His only wins of course are some low ranked guys.
Almost forgot about him. He was a killer before Dillashaw and now he's a totally different person. He fights so "shy" now. He's pretty much done as a top 10 guy at this point.

Ronda easily. How df can one be in MMA but can't take a loss? Has to walk around covering face with a purple pillow ffs
At least she tried again. Gina took one loss and left the sport.

I would have to say its Ronda and not even really close. She got knocked out right into practical obscurity.

Aside from Ronda, there are many. Aldo, Silva, Barao, Rockhold, even Fedor has had an embarrassing tail end of his career...

I would say Rockhold and Aldo have probably suffered the most humiliating losses in terms of buildup. But nothing tops Ronda being KO'd completely out of the sport.

Back