Most Important Quality For An MMA Fighter

BustaHimes

Power Overwhelming
@Blue
Reaction score
If you were going to create a fighter, and you got one quality to max out, which do you think would be your choice for most important.

I got to go with Chin/Toughness. After all my years of watching this beautiful sport, I think having an iron jaw and ability to take shots is number 1.

You obviously can't teach it, and you can only help it slightly with neck exercises. The ability to walk through your opponents best shots, wears them out and can mentally break them. You can learn many skills, work on technique, improve your cardio and game plan for your opponents. But none of that matters if you can't take a punch, so iron chins can make up for lack of skills and/Or athleticism.

Discuss

good timing

guys like gsp, mm, conor (and floyd in boxing) all fought the right opponent at the right time, not fight at all, or is just competing at a time when the division is weak overall (MM)

I would invest in Colgate toothpaste to develop the strongest teeth in all of MMA. Bite our way to victory!!

Confidence. It's what helps many people fight to their best ability.

The discipline to follow the perfect gameplan to the letter. But, also being able to adapt if the gameplan isn’t quite perfect.

Ala, GSP.

Other than the obvious physical traits. So, I went outside the box.

Not responding to ref when he says to release submission

Big mouth (apparently).

Reach.

The greatests all have it.

Jon Jones. Anderson.

The ability to shut off your emotions. You must show no mercy. Fedor.

If you were going to create a fighter, and you got one quality to max out, which do you think would be your choice for most important.

I got to go with Chin/Toughness. After all my years of watching this beautiful sport, I think having an iron jaw and ability to take shots is number 1.

You obviously can't teach it, and you can only help it slightly with neck exercises. The ability to walk through your opponents best shots, wears them out and can mentally break them. You can learn many skills, work on technique, improve your cardio and game plan for your opponents. But none of that matters if you can't take a punch, so iron chins can make up for lack of skills and/Or athleticism.

Discuss
Takedown defense

Cardio probably, guys like the diaz bros and Frankie have gotten wins simply because their opponent really couldn't keep up any longer. Not that they are, but you can get away with being alittle less skilled if you can just keep going longer

good timing

guys like gsp, mm, conor (and floyd in boxing) all fought the right opponent at the right time, not fight at all, or is just competing at a time when the division is weak overall (MM)
wow.

Back