Most Interesting Fight For McGregor

Breaking

One shall stand, and one shall fall.
@Black
Reaction score
0c361e94-3e7c-895a.jpg

.....this has always been a horrible matchup for barboza and always will be.

0c361e94-3e7c-895a.jpg

Why is no one talking about this?

.....this has always been a horrible matchup for barboza and always will be.
This is a tough fight for McGregor, and would answer some serious questions about his overall skill set.

Conor would never fight him. A loss to Barboza would pretty much destroy his stock..

I’d love to see it though..

At this point in his career, with the one exception of Nate, Conor will never fight anyone who is not either a current or former champion. Whether fanboys or haters, y'all need to stop kidding yourselves.

At this point in his career, with the one exception of Nate, Conor will never fight anyone who is not either a current or former champion. Whether fanboys or haters, y'all need to stop kidding yourselves.

Sounds a lot like fear...

Conor definitely needs a confidence builder after being gored. He could probably beat Barboza more often than not but his chicken legs might fail him.

Chiesa seems like a fight that conor can win or maybe vs a drained cerony...
maybe gaethje will also be entertaining

I dont think Conor can hang with the best @ 155, Ferguson, kevin lee and khabib.

I think it would help his image if he did. Show that hes not above getting in middling mix.

Barboza is a good fight for Conor. Striker striker match up. Top 5 when Eddie leaves. Only one free right now too, outside of Ferg, who should be getting the title shot

Um no it wouldn’t

Do you have a reason, or is it just blind faith?

My reason is that Conor is a great striker, but he’s also very one dimensional. He does well against boxers, but how will he do against a dynamic striker at LW?

Sounds a lot like being on a financial fast track to billionaire status.
Fair enough. But I’m talking about interesting fights—as a sports fan.

If you’re more worried about Forbes than fights, why even bother responding to a thread that is clearly about fights.

I’m not into mma so I can fantasize about someone else’s bank account...

Do you have a reason, or is it just blind faith?

My reason is that Conor is a great striker, but he’s also very one dimensional. He does well against boxers, but how will he do against a dynamic striker at LW?
Edson is not a dynamic striker. If Conor is one dimensional than Edson is no dimension. All he has is long distance explosive kicks. He gets brutalized by decent hands, aggression, and frankly decent striking almost every fight. This is the same guy who got his ass handed to him by dariush’s jab/straight until he landed that knee because Dariush took an absolute brain fart. Same guy who was destroyed by basic as Cerrone BOXING. Only high level striker who didn’t hurt tony on the feet. Easily lost to basic ass Michael Johnson. Had to go to decision against green. Only striker he has outclassed is Pettis (who himself struggles with strikers).

He’s the biggest overexaggeration of talent in the Ufc. He would 100% get marked from beginning bell until an inevitable ko.

Back