Most Interesting Fight For McGregor

I think that would answer a couple of questions..

If he beats him easily then he really is an atg level striker.. if he loses he is just not as good as he's percieved at 155..

Edson is not a dynamic striker. If Conor is one dimensional than Edson is no dimension. All he has is long distance explosive kicks. He gets brutalized by decent hands, aggression, and frankly decent striking almost every fight. This is the same guy who got his ass handed to him by dariush’s jab/straight until he landed that knee because Dariush took an absolute brain fart. Same guy who was destroyed by basic as Cerrone BOXING. Only high level striker who didn’t hurt tony on the feet. Easily lost to basic ass Michael Johnson. Had to go to decision against green. Only striker he has outclassed is Pettis (who himself struggles with strikers).

He’s the biggest overexaggeration of talent in the Ufc. He would 100% get marked from beginning bell until an inevitable ko.

If Conor is as good as people pretend he is, he should breeze through Barboza.

But he’s not as good as people pretend he is, so this fight would reveal quite a lot.

Not one dimensional? What other weapon does he have besides his left hand?

Fair enough. But I’m talking about interesting fights—as a sports fan.

If you’re more worried about Forbes than fights, why even bother responding to a thread that is clearly about fights.

I’m not into mma so I can fantasize about someone else’s bank account...

WTF? I am a fight fan who understands what happens to an MMA fighter when he reaches a certain level of celebrity and net worth. If you just want to run through some "let's pretend" match up scenarios for Conor, have at it.

Unless Barboza becomes champion (lol) Conor vs Barboza has as much chance of happening in the future as Conor vs Kid Yamamoto.

You aint wrong.. Barboza is a real threat and I would say it's 60/40 in his favor.

WTF? I am a fight fan who understands what happens to an MMA fighter when he reaches a certain level of celebrity and net worth. If you just want to run through some "let's pretend" match up scenarios for Conor, have at it.

Unless Barboza becomes champion (lol) Conor vs Barboza has as much chance of happening in the future as Conor vs Kid Yamamoto.

So until he retires, Conor only fights Nate or is gifted title shots? Sounds dumb.

Sounds like you’re hoping that Conor is protected from here on out...cool.

So until he retires, Conor only fights Nate or is gifted title shots? Sounds dumb.

Sounds like you’re hoping that Conor is protected from here on out...cool.

You're obviously some blind hater who has lost the capacity for rational discussion.

I am no great fan of Conor. Just telling you that if you believe the guy is going to go back to who he was when he entered the UFC, and try to string together 3 or 4 wins against top ten guys to earn a TS, you are beyond delusional.

You're obviously some blind hater who has lost the capacity for rational discussion.

I am no great fan of Conor. Just telling you that if you believe the guy is going to go back to who he was when he entered the UFC, and try to string together 3 or 4 wins against top ten guys to earn a TS, you are beyond delusional.

Nah...

I’m talking about interesting fights. You’re talking about why fame precludes interesting fights. I don’t care about what you’re talking about—at all. I thought I made that perfectly clear.

If you’re more concerned about marketing and wealth, cool.

I care about fights.

This is a tough fight for McGregor, and would answer some serious questions about his overall skill set.

The only real threat would be his kicks and Conor does great keeping distance to stay out of the range of his kicks and also does great darting into close range and has like 100x better boxing and Barboza would be eating all kinds of lefts all night long.

If Conor is as good as people pretend he is, he should breeze through Barboza.

But he’s not as good as people pretend he is, so this fight would reveal quite a lot.

Not one dimensional? What other weapon does he have besides his left hand?
Pretends to be? In what way is his talent and accolades pretend? You should ignore this message, because you’re about to humiliate yourself. I answered your question about barboza. Now answer me how he’s better than Conor.

Feeding conor an inferior striker?

Rather see the diaz trilogy tbh

The only real threat would be his kicks and Conor does great keeping distance to stay out of the range of his kicks and also does great darting into close range and has like 100x better boxing and Barboza would be eating all kinds of lefts all night long.

Conor’s control of distance worked well against smaller wrestlers, and people with short reaches. That’s exactly why Edson is an interesting matchup.

He’s a striker with more (even if less effective) weapons, and he has a similar reach and frame. I think that it would be a great fight—certainly tougher than Diaz.

Conor’s control of distance worked well against smaller wrestlers, and people with short reaches. That’s exactly why Edson is an interesting matchup.

He’s a striker with more (even if less effective) weapons, and he has a similar reach and frame. I think that it would be a great fight—certainly tougher than Diaz.

It worked well in the Diaz fights too, till he gassed. I have no doubt that if Conor brought in fighters that can emulate his kicking oriented style during camp, he'd make easy work of Barboza. Gotta remember Edson has been soundly out struck by lesser strikers, like Ross Pearson.

I'd be interesting for sure, but there are much more interesting match ups for him out there. I'd much rather see a rematch with Aldo, Max, Poirier or even Nate at 155. If Khabib and Tony are trying to conceive a fight for the 5th time.

Kevin lee
Gaethje
Tony ferguson

It's just the intelligent way to leverage risk/reward when youre as high up as conor.
Gaethje could be a fun fight, but I don’t think that he’s skilled enough to keep up with Conor. I’d expect a quick KO here.

I’d see the Lee fight as very similar to the Khabib fight. Conor’s chances are better vs. Lee, but not by much.

I see McGregor/Ferguson through the lense of the McGregor/Diaz fights—with Ferguson being more dynamic and dangerous in every possible way.

Pretends to be? In what way is his talent and accolades pretend? You should ignore this message, because you’re about to humiliate yourself. I answered your question about barboza. Now answer me how he’s better than Conor.

People pretend that he’s GOAT-level when he’s not.

Never said that Barboza was better than Conor, so ask me a question about what I’ve actually said.

Back