Most memorable UFC post-fight moment?

dJ50Ejo.jpg

That Goomba had a whole lotta swag...such a damn shame that the eventual rematch went down the way it did, 2 pioneers that deserved atleast a King of the Cage main event slot, but I was still hyped to see Tank get his chance at redemption.

E7344ECD-C2FA-4AE7-9E75-A1B1B9F7255E.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice list. You forget, "Where you at Georges"

Diaz_GSP_shaking.gif

You know them shots hit their target when Rush applauds the call out himself before trying to play it off, that Boise dime beside him looked worried when he started to get bobbleheaded.

{<jordan}

Recently Brock calling Stipe a piece of shit lmao I dont even like Brock but that was golden. Staged or not.

Nothing beats Nick punching Mayhem and that brawl breaking out. Not UFC but better than anything I've seen in UFC or Pride or anything.

Bisping arguing with Rockhold at the post-fight press conference for UFC 199.

Nothing will ever beat this
DCcry.jpg

unless JJ comes back and does it again

honorable mention:
Dana being super pissed at Cain after the first FOX show

How in the fuck was this not within the first few posts?

Aldo jumping into the crowd after kneeing Mendes was pretty iconic.

Aldo making a massive deal about beating a journeyman in Stephens.

Weidman getting his whole family in the cage because he finally won a fucking fight post-USADA.

How in the fuck was this not within the first few posts?

{<redford}

I had to fight the urge tbh, the NYBA is easily in my top 5 favourite fighters of all time... gotta leave some good ones for the real hardcores to post.

65954C86-671A-4906-9A1F-AFBAEA3795D0.gif

I was kinda surprised by your inclusion of Polar Bear, but I like it.

<Goldie11>

It’s what sparked the idea for this thread truth be told, reminded me of the Brock cage headbutt.

Was originally going to be about the similarities in their careers and accomplishments and also who would win: Prime Varelans vs Brock in his first UFC fight, with old UFC rules.

Maybe would’ve even been a better thread but felt like there’d already been ones on time travel matches etc.

Couldn’t let some good gifs go to waste.

<CanYouSeeMeNow>

<Goldie11>

It’s what sparked the idea for this thread truth be told, reminded me of the Brock cage headbutt.

Was originally going to be about the similarities in their careers and accomplishments and also who would win: Prime Varelans vs Brock in his first UFC fight, with old UFC rules.

Maybe would’ve even been a better thread but felt like there’d already been ones on time travel matches etc.

Couldn’t let some good gifs go to waste.

<CanYouSeeMeNow>
You did well. Those fantasy match up threads go to the Wasteland, even if they're good (that's where you're supposed to make those threads).

But, to humor your question, I think Brock wins that fight, even if it were his first fight. Varelans was a huge dude with a ton of power, and was actually pretty athletic for how big he was, and did the whole "trap fighting" thing that used what worked in the cage at the time and threw everything else out, but Brock was a supreme better athlete and wrestler. Varelans would have a speed disadvantage, and would more than likely be taken down, which Brock is almost always looking to do anyway, but ESPECIALLY early in his career. I imagine that that fight would be similar to Varelans' fight with Mark Kerr, except Brock gets Paul down easier than Kerr did. Brock catches a ton of shit, but he's definitely among the most athletic men to step into a cage, roids or not.

When I was a kid, watching UFC 6 for the first time at 11 years old, and having witnessed Tank Abbott's and Paul Varelans' previous fights on the card, I thought the loser of that fight was going to die. It being Tank's debut, I had no idea he would make a career out of blowing his wad in three mins, kill or be killed. Tank made a polar bear look like a koala that night.

Varelans was a big guy, was pretty fucking tough and took some beatings gracefully, but he never beat anyone of any real consequence during his career. Baby MMA fighter Brock knocks him out, takes his skull home with him and drinks Coors out of it, not Bud Light.

Let's not forget all the wild shit Ben Rothwell used to do after the fights. So creepy and cringy at the same time.

Well, how about I change up the pace with a memorable one that was a really nice moment.

You did well. Those fantasy match up threads go to the Wasteland, even if they're good (that's where you're supposed to make those threads).

But, to humor your question, I think Brock wins that fight, even if it were his first fight. Varelans was a huge dude with a ton of power, and was actually pretty athletic for how big he was, and did the whole "trap fighting" thing that used what worked in the cage at the time and threw everything else out, but Brock was a supreme better athlete and wrestler. Varelans would have a speed disadvantage, and would more than likely be taken down, which Brock is almost always looking to do anyway, but ESPECIALLY early in his career. I imagine that that fight would be similar to Varelans' fight with Mark Kerr, except Brock gets Paul down easier than Kerr did. Brock catches a ton of shit, but he's definitely among the most athletic men to step into a cage, roids or not.

When I was a kid, watching UFC 6 for the first time at 11 years old, and having witnessed Tank Abbott's and Paul Varelans' previous fights on the card, I thought the loser of that fight was going to die. It being Tank's debut, I had no idea he would make a career out of blowing his wad in three mins, kill or be killed. Tank made a polar bear look like a koala that night.

Varelans was a big guy, was pretty fucking tough and took some beatings gracefully, but he never beat anyone of any real consequence during his career. Baby MMA fighter Brock knocks him out, takes his skull home with him and drinks Coors out of it, not Bud Light.

<5>

Great breakdown, accurate assessment for sure...Varelans might’ve only had the height, and chin advantage. Although with zero threat of PED testing or weight limits...Uber Lesnar ragdolls him and gets the finish.

<{UberTS}>

<5>

Great breakdown, accurate assessment for sure...Varelans might’ve only had the height, and chin advantage. Although with zero threat of PED testing or weight limits...Uber Lesnar ragdolls him and gets the finish.

<{UberTS}>
Beginner Brock vs younger Big Tom Erikson would have been legit. I still think Brock would have a slight edge, but Erikson early on was so scary that guys like Mark Kerr and Ricco Rodriquez were said to have had it in their contracts with Pride that they would never have to fight him, guys who were champions and Kerr was terrifying in his own right. That's a much closer fight.

Last edited:
Let's not forget all the wild shit Ben Rothwell used to do after the fights. So creepy and cringy at the same time.

<{JustBleed}>

Somehow reminded me of this incident, Edmund definitely part of team creepy cringe haha.

Back