Most painful Shogun loss

Chael for me, that was absolutely horrendous and showed just how far he had slipped from his prime. Sonnen was a good he would have been stomping into the canvas in under 2 minutes during his Pride run.

For those mentioning Smith I purposely avoided watching that fight. I had it DVRed and looked at the results before subjecting myself to watching it. It was immediately deleted after I saw the outcome.

Somebody should tie this guy up to a chair and force him to watch a lowlight reel of all the pride stars in the UFC.<{jackyeah}>

Monday isn't the day for a thread like this. Focus on the good things and the endless possibilities that lie ahead. War Shogun.

My answer would be Forrest though. The supernova I thought would burn forever finally showed signs it might die at some point. He still pushed forward though and won the LHW belt by ending the greatest era in MMA history. After ten thousand surgeries and too many wars to count he's still fighting like a warrior. Truly amazing. Shogun forever.

Forrest singlehandedly dealt a death blow to the Pride>UFC argument when he choked out Shogun.

You think him beating Shogun is why people don't like him? I got over it, its the fight game. Im guessing hitting a pregnant chick, and failing multiple drug tests, and just being a crappy person might have something to do with it. Imo.

But what set off the Jones hate when he was still hiding his sociopathic true self? Ofc the other shit icing on the cake but him literally toying with and annihilating shogun like he was a fucking nobody is what started the jbj hate train hands down. First page already confirmed that, tough topic to argue against.

i think that may have more to do with his criminal record and his documented cheating.

His drubbing of shogun set off the hate train no doubt about it, the rest of the shit came later.

Chael was put on a plate and served to Shogun with the garnishments nicely decorated.

Instead the the food on the plate wasn't dead yet.

He has so many devastating losses, I can't think of another fighter with so many. From Forrest, to losing the title AND almost his life to Jones, to the devasting cry of disappointment when Hendo was announced as the winner in the first fight, to the broken nose in the rematch which made him fall backwards in agony, to the OSP skateboard disaster, to finally going asleep standing against Smith recently.

For me it's Hendo #2 because of how painful it looked and he almost, almost won that fight on several occasions and just couldn't beat this man.
Sonnen lol

But what set off the Jones hate when he was still hiding his sociopathic true self? Ofc the other shit icing on the cake but him literally toying with and annihilating shogun like he was a fucking nobody is what started the jbj hate train hands down. First page already confirmed that, tough topic to argue against.
Maybe but i know as a Shogun fan myself that i got over it and actually liked him because nobody could beat him. I think it was after the second steroid pop and his attitude in general i just said fuck him.

I get the irony of being a Wand fan and thinking failing roid tests is bad, but in the age of stringent testing you can't pop twice. Hes popped more than most of the roster under USADA, and is supposed to be considered GOAT?. It's a shame because he should be considered GOAT but.....

Losing to Sonnen by submission is like losing at basketball to a Pygmy.

all of them. straight through my heart.

Hes had some tough ones for sure.

I say Jones, just because he never even had a moment of sucess. Got his ass kicked bad.

Hendo 2, because that was his last fight where you could see Shogun still had it. Imo he should have quit after that one

In retrospect the Jones and Sonnen losses don't sting so much anymore because both Jones and Sonnen where obviously juiced to the gills. So it's hard to take those losses seriously

The Forrest fight hurts but iirc Forrest was on TRT. Hendo was also on TRT. Come to think of it unless I'm forgetting someone, all Shogun's losses were to guys on gear except for OSP and Smith (and Machida if you consider that a loss)

EDIT: I forgot about Gus

Jones, the absolute destruction and making him tap to strikes was beyond heartbreaking.
Then Sonnen, rustled my jimmies so bad.

<Prem974>

Maybe but i know as a Shogun fan myself that i got over it and actually liked him because nobody could beat him. I think it was after the second steroid pop and his attitude in general i just said fuck him.

I get the irony of being a Wand fan and thinking failing roid tests is bad, but in the age of stringent testing you can't pop twice. Hes popped more than most of the roster under USADA, and is supposed to be considered GOAT?. It's a shame because he should be considered GOAT but.....

<mma4>

As a shogun fan myself thst shit was savage as fuck. But I'd been watching Jones rise thru the ranks and knew his potential when i first saw him, i think most people recognized it. I was excited for the changing of the guard so to speak.

Of course with the train wreck his careers been its easy to hate him now, but no doubt that was the start of the hatred for a lot of people. Tricky thing with Jones is positive tests or not i still can't pick anyone to beat him. He blew everyone out of the water while not training seriously and being coked out of his mind.

Steroids alone wont make that happen otherwise josh barnett would be HW goat and wanderlei would of never fell off. (Hype for rampage wand 4 in bellator with no usada tho)

Hendo, Jones and Chael because they are not natty fighters.

Jones. But Shogun goes in there to kill or be killed. He won his UFC belt and then put it on the line with the most unstoppable LHW in his first defense. Gotta love it

Back