Most stacked ONE card ever?? (Singapore 18 May)

Katsumi Yamada

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

So check out the names on this card. This has got to be their most stacked card yet right? I feel like their Singapore events are their most high profile and stacked cards, and having been to many of them myself, they have really raised the standard here.

Do you think they are trying to compete with the UFC who will be holding an event in the same arena in June?

Even Yodsaenklai is getting in the cage!!

Great card. Wish they were on somekind of platform where their events are available on demand as well as live.

Wow, that is stacked. I didn't think they'd put much other than the Lee's on the card knowing that would be a sellout on its own. When Amir Khan is opening the show and Folayang is up second you know it's a fantastic fight card.

What title are Sam-A and Sergio fighting for? Is this a new One title? I was against the idea of the original muay thai fight they showcased (Sam-A vs. Lasiri ) because I didn't want it to turn into Evolve's version of the Thai Fight series. Ngimbi and Wielzen aren't world-beaters but they aren't push-overs either and those are two decent stand-up fights booked. As long as the divisions are treated as divisions with champions and contenders, I'm all-in on One branching out to kickboxing and muay thai and given the roster they have signed that seems to be what they are planning. Good stuff.

How do you watch One FC events in the UK?

Does it have big names? Yes. Great event? well, time will tell.

Three of ONE's biggest names, Aoki, Khan, and Folayang, are all coming off losses, and have basically been set up to win against guys with half their experience. One would almost think that this was happening in Japan, look at that matchmaking.

Then you have Nguyen making a fast turnaround after a grueling 5 round fight, likely in order to give ONE's darling Christian Lee his best chance at a title win.

Caged kickboxing/Muay Thai? Meh.

That said, I would watch this, if ONE made it available to watch in the U.S, which they haven't lately.

Does it have big names? Yes. Great event? well, time will tell.

Three of ONE's biggest names, Aoki, Khan, and Folayang, are all coming off losses, and have basically been set up to win against guys with half their experience. One would almost think that this was happening in Japan, look at that matchmaking.

Then you have Nguyen making a fast turnaround after a grueling 5 round fight, likely in order to give ONE's darling Christian Lee his best chance at a title win.

Caged kickboxing/Muay Thai? Meh.

That said, I would watch this, if ONE made it available to watch in the U.S, which they haven't lately.

They dont do streams anymore?

Probably the most stacked card ever.

If Nguyen didn't lost to Fernandes, I'm sure he will be the main event.

So check out the names on this card. This has got to be their most stacked card yet right? I feel like their Singapore events are their most high profile and stacked cards, and having been to many of them myself, they have really raised the standard here.

Do you think they are trying to compete with the UFC who will be holding an event in the same arena in June?

Even Yodsaenklai is getting in the cage!!

Is Yodsanklai fighting MMA? Why cage instead of ring?

Interested in Folayang vs Atlangeriev, mostly because Atlangeriev has only fought cans in a laughably promotion called "OFS". Think Folayang takes it. Nguyen-Lee, Yod-Ngimbi and Aoki-Yakhyaev are also good fights. Will it be Free or PPV?

Great card, probably yes, the most stacked one. Looking forward for Fairtex fight.
Is Yodsanklai fighting MMA? Why cage instead of ring?
Because cage MT and KB is a thing and seems like ONE is all for it, it's great

Interested in Folayang vs Atlangeriev, mostly because Atlangeriev has only fought cans in a laughably promotion called "OFS". Think Folayang takes it. Nguyen-Lee, Yod-Ngimbi and Aoki-Yakhyaev are also good fights. Will it be Free or PPV?
I know Fight Network has ONE other than that its a ppv

Your boy McSweeney what happened? Man I was bummed Roger beat him. I loved the Hammers run in ONE, too bad they ripped him off

He tore his mcl going into the fight and kept throwing leg kicks. And i think the fear of the takedown mixed in with Rogers smart game plan through him off

@Katsumi Yamada respect, for liking my post, which is definitely a dissenting opinion. Shows some people on here can still do that.

@Katsumi Yamada respect, for liking my post, which is definitely a dissenting opinion. Shows some people on here can still do that.
I agree about Khan's opponent.
ONE matchmaking is different from the UFC in that they are good at building up prospects but then they essentially make then start from scratch after a loss...whereas once you reach a certain level in the UFC it's not easy to go back to fighting at a lower level without getting beaten a bunch of times.
When ONE still see high potential or value in someone they won't want them to lose twice. As it stands Khan is still the best homegrown Singaporean fighter, and unless Christian Lee opts to do his 2 yrs national service and take up citizenship (unlikely), Khan will be the most popular male fighter here. (He fought a few times while serving in the army!).

As for Aoki, he's coming off 2 bad KO losses, although he did choke out Gafurov in a grappling contest showing he still isn't totally shot. I expect him to win too.

Folayang fight is interesting ...may or may not be a mismatch, the other fella is a can crusher but sometimes they turn out like khabib. I haven't seen this guy to be honest though.

As for cage MT and kickboxing, Im happy about them introducing it just for the entertainment factor and the fact that they are promoting these guys and this sport to a huge audience.

If they can grow ONE into a legit world class MT/kickboxing league then that would be really wonderful.

Your complaint about being unable to watch in USA .... It's not on flocombat anymore?

I agree about Khan's opponent.
ONE matchmaking is different from the UFC in that they are good at building up prospects but then they essentially make then start from scratch after a loss...whereas once you reach a certain level in the UFC it's not easy to go back to fighting at a lower level without getting beaten a bunch of times.
When ONE still see high potential or value in someone they won't want them to lose twice. As it stands Khan is still the best homegrown Singaporean fighter, and unless Christian Lee opts to do his 2 yrs national service and take up citizenship (unlikely), Khan will be the most popular male fighter here. (He fought a few times while serving in the army!).

As for Aoki, he's coming off 2 bad KO losses, although he did choke out Gafurov in a grappling contest showing he still isn't totally shot. I expect him to win too.

Folayang fight is interesting ...may or may not be a mismatch, the other fella is a can crusher but sometimes they turn out like khabib. I haven't seen this guy to be honest though.

As for cage MT and kickboxing, Im happy about them introducing it just for the entertainment factor and the fact that they are promoting these guys and this sport to a huge audience.

If they can grow ONE into a legit world class MT/kickboxing league then that would be really wonderful.

Your complaint about being unable to watch in USA .... It's not on flocombat anymore?
It was only ever Askren fights, which they'd grossly misrepresented. I paid a year for FloCombat, for nothing.<Oku01>

Da hell? Sam-A is fighting again? I was pretty sure he retired a couple years ago, he's way up there in age & fights and wasn't looking all that good towards the end of his career.

you're the greatest bitch i've ever known in combat sports forums, always throwing shades with indirect phrases, complaining about stuff or both, man up dude, so fucking ridiculous

Back