Most stacked ONE card ever?? (Singapore 18 May)

Da hell? Sam-A is fighting again? I was pretty sure he retired a couple years ago, he's way up there in age & fights and wasn't looking all that good towards the end of his career.

against stadium fighters. he still beats most of foreign opponents. He already fought once for ONE FC in there first muay thai fight.

Any news on Igor Svirid?

He's enjoying himself in ACB. Igor likes to fight once every few months, ONE was giving him a fight once every 10 months, it's easy to see the problem. ONE've been doing a lot to make their fighters happier and have been giving their guys more frequent fights now, though, and if they can convince Arnaud Lepont to come back, them and Svirid can work things out. Svirid'd be some really nice filler on like a China card.
He's gone 1-3 in his ACB return, though, and 2-3 since his last ONE fight altogether (which was not particularly great), so ONE's probably not gonna go out of their way to please him unless things all line up.

Caged kickboxing/Muay Thai? Meh.

Their next Manila event's in a ring, would that make it better? The idea that ONE would switch to a ring permanently (which it looks like they're playing around with) makes me all tingly in the genitals. Especially if they realize a netted ring is clearly the most superior of all the platforms to hold shootfighting matches in.
And I thought I saw something you said that indicated you were a big Fairtex fan.

So check out the names on this card. This has got to be their most stacked card yet right? I feel like their Singapore events are their most high profile and stacked cards, and having been to many of them myself, they have really raised the standard here.

Do you think they are trying to compete with the UFC who will be holding an event in the same arena in June?

Even Yodsaenklai is getting in the cage!!

Yodsenklai is the only one worth watching for me. Same with Petrosyan in the Manila card next week. Without Yod, a card with Petrosyan trumps the Singapore card.

On the more hardcore ONE fan side of things, assuming Sunoto wins (Rosauro may pull off the upset, though, since he's got better kickboxing than Sunoto and he's way faster, and he's fighting at his actual weight-class this time), Xie Bin, assuming he wins, would be a very good opponent. Sunoto'll be on a 6-fight winning streak at bantamweight (four overall) then and Xie Bin would be on a three-fight winning streak and a great Chinese prospect, and the Sunoto-Rosauro winner would be a good matchup. Then they could give that winner a fight with, like, some Jordan Lucas-level guy, then that winner could fight the likes of the more legit contenders in the division.
It'll also be great to see Nguyen's right-hand land on Christian Lee again and for Megumi Fujii to avenge her loss. And Rasul will be a good victory for Aoki, and he's got a good style for Aoki to work his magic on (and maybe safely experiment with whatever stylistic changes he's made since the Askren fight, if any). I feel like Folayang's gonna wrestlefuck the Russian, so that won't be too fun to watch compared to Folayang's other things... at least the takedowns will be explosive as always.

against stadium fighters. he still beats most of foreign opponents. He already fought once for ONE FC in there first muay thai fight.

I didn't know he was back in the ring and had taken a fight already, thanks for the update. Didn't look bad at all, but then again, he was fighting a foreigner I've never heard of.

Yodsenklai is the only one worth watching for me. Same with Petrosyan in the Manila card next week. Without Yod, a card with Petrosyan trumps the Singapore card.

Nong-O on the Manila card is the fight I'm hyped for.

Great card, probably yes, the most stacked one. Looking forward for Fairtex fight.
Because cage MT and KB is a thing and seems like ONE is all for it, it's great

I agree. The little gloves change a lot which makes it interesting to watch. Id even like to see a boxing bout with small gloves. Would prefer it in a ring though but its understandable they dont bring one when they have a cage already.

Nice to see them putting together great cards.

Nice to see them putting together great cards.

They've always been great. It's just that not many people are that big of fans of grassroots fighter development. ONE's offering the closest thing to 00's Shooto in that regard (it's not as good, but it's the closest thing you'll get with Shooto's downgrading in recent years).

He's enjoying himself in ACB. Igor likes to fight once every few months, ONE was giving him a fight once every 10 months, it's easy to see the problem. ONE've been doing a lot to make their fighters happier and have been giving their guys more frequent fights now, though, and if they can convince Arnaud Lepont to come back, them and Svirid can work things out. Svirid'd be some really nice filler on like a China card.
He's gone 1-3 in his ACB return, though, and 2-3 since his last ONE fight altogether (which was not particularly great), so ONE's probably not gonna go out of their way to please him unless things all line up.

Their next Manila event's in a ring, would that make it better? The idea that ONE would switch to a ring permanently (which it looks like they're playing around with) makes me all tingly in the genitals. Especially if they realize a netted ring is clearly the most superior of all the platforms to hold shootfighting matches in.
And I thought I saw something you said that indicated you were a big Fairtex fan.

OMG that would be wonderful, I hope Rizin and 1C can start a ring revolution that spreads worldwide.

I agree. The little gloves change a lot which makes it interesting to watch. Id even like to see a boxing bout with small gloves. Would prefer it in a ring though but its understandable they dont bring one when they have a cage already.

OMG that would be wonderful, I hope Rizin and 1C can start a ring revolution that spreads worldwide.

Ring is looking more and more likely. Doesn't boxing HAVE TO be in a ring? Unless they were to become their own sanctioning body and ignore the rest of boxing i suppose.

Ring is looking more and more likely. Doesn't boxing HAVE TO be in a ring? Unless they were to become their own sanctioning body and ignore the rest of boxing i suppose.

I think if they dont go with the standard 10oz boxing gloves they have to do their own thing anyway. Cool news, gonna be interesting how they do it.

The new ring is in. RIZINesque with the 5 ropes

t1SiZag.png

When the hell is Vera defending his belt? Hasn't fought in a year and a half.

they actually stream the whole event for free on YT this time. game changer.

they actually stream the whole event for free on YT this time. game changer.

Retired for 3 years and Nong-O is still that good. He was pressured hard towards the end of the 3rd round but he easily kept his composure and rode out the decision. It's kinda funny watching Pinca get frozen by the stance switch every time and getting kicked in the body, just beautiful timing by Nong-O.

Back