Mother charged after putting recording device in daughter's backpack to catch 'bullying'

whats wrong with that? id like to know whats happening to my damn kid

I may or may not have poo'd on the school's basketball court about 10 years ago.
q618XH8.jpg

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mother-charged-putting-recording-device-113042097.html

She claims her emails and calls to Ocean View Elementary school, Norfolk, about the alleged bullying in September went unanswered and so she decided to intervene.

However the recorder was discovered and Ms Sims was later charged with the use of a device to intercept oral communication, which carries a maximum five-year prison sentence, and a misdemeanor contributing to the delinquency of a minor."

WTF!!! I can't record my own minor child now? Especially when the school ain't doing shit? I would have my kid wear a bodycam to school shit. What you guys think? Is this fair? I used to have my phone out to record teacher's lecture but apparently I was breaking the law...

Considering child molesters get a slap on the wrist for a first offense, no, this is totally fucked up. We should be ashamed of ourselves as a society.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mother-charged-putting-recording-device-113042097.html

She claims her emails and calls to Ocean View Elementary school, Norfolk, about the alleged bullying in September went unanswered and so she decided to intervene.

However the recorder was discovered and Ms Sims was later charged with the use of a device to intercept oral communication, which carries a maximum five-year prison sentence, and a misdemeanor contributing to the delinquency of a minor."

WTF!!! I can't record my own minor child now? Especially when the school ain't doing shit? I would have my kid wear a bodycam to school shit. What you guys think? Is this fair? I used to have my phone out to record teacher's lecture but apparently I was breaking the law...

Schools are ridiculous these days....nothing new. Spend time with your kids, send them to martial arts, show them the world, nurture them, but teach them to defend themselves. If another kid talks shit or tries to cyber bully them, they should be able to take care of business. These pc teachers and school staff of today are comedy at best....they are useless. Just remember....parents these days are just as useless so they don't even know what world their kids live in.

The only logical explanation for laws like these are that they are written by the most corrupt motherfuckers(Congress) to protect themselves. ... same with extortion laws.

Hmm dunno.

I could bait you into saying something and then remove all context and defame you.

Have you ever said "so you think xxxxxxxxxxx?"

Remove context and boom my crazy idea is now something you said.

Another win for the bullies. Schools are definitely part of the problem since there's no punishment for bullying. Maybe they'll give a shit once this kid commits suicide...

I think there’s a law that doesn’t allow kids to record other kids. If not a law then it’s a strict rule. I remember it being serious when I was in high school. I think it’s a good rule tbh. But yeah I can see in this situation it being acceptable to break that rule.

Hmm dunno.

I could bait you into saying something and then remove all context and defame you.

Have you ever said "so you think xxxxxxxxxxx?"

Remove context and boom my crazy idea is now something you said.

You really wouldn't have to alter it. Everybody says shit in private that they wouldn't in public.

That school is like a mile from my house.

What should I do, Sherbros?
Show up with a video recorder.

Say you are from Sherdog News.

Ask:

- is there a record of history of this child being bullied?
- are all conversations that are recorded at school illegal (like student video projects, teacher evaluations, parents videoing their kid's basketball games, etc.)
- what is the current plan regarding bullying in general?

Show up with a video recorder.

Say you are from Sherdog News.

Ask:

- is there a record of history of this child being bullied?
- are all conversations that are recorded at school illegal (like student video projects, teacher evaluations, parents videoing their kid's basketball games, etc.)
- what is the current plan regarding bullying in general?

This actually isn't bad.

Schools and bully are always a joke. It's like they have ever rule set up to benefit the bullies. Best WY for a kid to deal with a one on one bully is to quiet wait until he's alone, surprise attack him, and fuck him up so bad he never steps to you again.

Back