Motorsports thread. Discuss any motorsports here

Once again, Kyle Busch has the fastest car but doesn't finish the race as Truex slips while inside Kyle on a restart with about 50 laps to go taking them both out. Kyle was trying to hold him down and might have cleared him if he was slightly higher.

Indy race is turning into a demolition derby.

pretty sure Verstappen is going to Ferrari next year after Kimi retires.

Maybe not good idea to put those two together. They really don't like each other. Then again, who does get along with Vettel.

This Brickyard 400 needs to end.

I suspect it will be called due to darkness if they crash again.

Kane wins it with the crash in overtime. Hendrick had 2 engine failures and Junior knocked his radiator out on a restart but they get a win with Kane.

Sauber has announced that they won't switch to Honda powerplants next year. Understandable since McClaren is the only Formula One team doing worse than Sauber because of the problems with the Honda powerplant.

Practice looked like a demolition derby and was stopped several times to remove cars. Drivers were complaining about alternating between tight and loose without changing anything.

Honda losing serious face with these repeated failures.
seppuku LOOMS!

Both Hondas finished the race today for a change. Vandoorne was a lap down and Alonso was a couple of seconds from going a lap down. Ferrari kept Raikkonen behind Vettel who was having steering problems. Bottas let Hamilton pass to try to overtake Raikkonen but Raikkonen was able to hold Hamilton off and Hamilton gave Bottas the third position back at the finish.

very good race, except for verstappen taking out riciardo. yes, alonso finishing as high as he did was a great result. I also thought it was classy for hammy to pull over and let bottas take the third place on the podium.
after the race though, you could see the disappointment on kimi. he knew he could have won that race.

Kyle finally wins a race but they found a lose lug nut in post race inspection. It seems to be just a fine this time. A couple of the Roush cars were missing lug nuts.

pretty sure Verstappen is going to Ferrari next year after Kimi retires.
Makes sense speed wise, but it certainly goes against Ferrari's driver lineups traditionally. Even Vettel vs ole Kimi was groundbreaking. They prefer a clear number 1 and clear number 2. My fingers are crossed that they do sign Verstappen :D

I think it could be a good combo. Vettel is senior enough that Verstappen might look up to him instead of instantly challenging him like he did with Riciardo at Red Bull.

I think it could be a good combo. Vettel is senior enough that Verstappen might look up to him instead of instantly challenging him like he did with Riciardo at Red Bull.

Vettel and Verstappen already have a history of animosity. Verstappen has already proven that he will not be a number 2 driver and doesn't take team orders.

hm, he might be relegating himself to a second or third tier team then.
too bad he can't corral his ego and look at the big picture.

Back