Motorsports thread. Discuss any motorsports here

Pretty cool with my Jeremy Clements in the Xfinity series. Was going 1 on 1 with a Gibbs car with about 1 to go and got into the corner too hard and wrecked them both. 3rd place guy was so far behind that whoever got going first was going to win and he pulled away first and grabbed the victory.

The series is so much more exciting when the Cup guys arent in it.

Pretty cool with my Jeremy Clements in the Xfinity series. Was going 1 on 1 with a Gibbs car with about 1 to go and got into the corner too hard and wrecked them both. 3rd place guy was so far behind that whoever got going first was going to win and he pulled away first and grabbed the victory.

The series is so much more exciting when the Cup guys arent in it.

I was surprised there weren't any Cup guys there since they were off but I suppose it's because they don't run at that track. Throws of their contention that they just like to race.

There should be more races there including a Cup race.

Bottas is out for next year,
Verstappen is in.
bet on it.
Alonso signs with Red Bull or goes to Indy Car.

Bottas has been very good at times and not at others. When Bottas does well Hammy has problems and when Hammy does well Bottas doesn't. Makes me wonder if they take turns with the amount of power they give them to make the powerplants last longer.

hard to say, but it's obvious something is wrong at red bull.
six dnf's for verstappen while ricciardo seemingly without problems.
I like bottas but would be excited to see what max could do at mercedes

Alonso with yet another engine failure in practice in Italy. Same engine as last week. Honda claimed there was nothing wrong with it. Alonso will get a 35 place grid penalty for the race Sunday. BBC had a comment section for alternate penalties. Someone suggested a lap around the track in a kiddie car. Someone submitted a photoshop of Alonso in one of these.
0a8150d317b30e44513b86bf933f8678--little-tykes-car-s-toys.jpg

He might have a better chance of finishing in one of those.

Hamilton was fastest in the first practice and Bottas in second practice. Hamilton had his fastest lap on soft tires while Bottas did his on supersoft. Nobody ran on the medium compound. The supersoft tires were showing some graining. It might be a short first run that could lead to a 3 stop race unless somebody tries the medium compound.

I wonder how laps Alonso will do on Sunday before he decides to park it LOL.

I wonder how laps Alonso will do on Sunday before he decides to park it LOL.

He parked it last time because he claimed the engine lost power and he was basically a rolling roadblock. Honda claimed there was nothing wrong with it but it expired in practice today.

He parked it last time because he claimed the engine lost power and he was basically a rolling roadblock. Honda claimed there was nothing wrong with it but it expired in practice today.

I think he parked it last week because he had enough, but who knows.

The engine for Monza was supposed to be an upgrade, Honda have been absolutely terrible. Unfortunately for Alonso he has no other alternative other than retirement.

I think he parked it last week because he had enough, but who knows.

The engine for Monza was supposed to be an upgrade, Honda have been absolutely terrible. Unfortunately for Alonso he has no other alternative other than retirement.

He started the race passing cars until the engine started losing power.

Honda has been promising an upgrade for the last 3 races but they can't seem to get it ready.

It's raining at Monza delaying qualifying.

Hamilton and Bottas sitting on a couch having fun playing video games together. Hamilton wants to run in the rain.

Hamilton takes the pole to take the record for the most poles and he did it in the rain. The two Red Bulls ran second and third but have multiple grid place penalties so Lance Stroll will be in the front row. Bottas was running neck and neck with Hamilton until late in Q3. He wound up 6th with Raikonnen and Vettel in 7th and 8th.

Ocon will finally get clear of Perez as he will start from 3rd and Perez from 11th as Perez failed to make it into Q3. Should be interesting tomorrow.

Mercedes first and second Ferrari a distant third and fourth.

There was a lot of complaining about the grid place penalties saying the rules have to be changed. My feeling is that they are there for a reason. If they just let everyone change parts whenever they wanted to the high dollar teams would be even farther ahead as they would have upgrades every race.

NASCAR is increasing the point and monetary penalties after Denny Hamlin's winning number 11 car was found to have illegal rear suspension in both the Cup and Xfinity number 18. The win won't count toward the playoffs.

Larson owns Truex with those last minute restarts.

What's irritating is that Truex would probably clinch the championship with a few races remaining under the old points system. I bet you anything he will have one bad race that knocks him out of the entire championship in the next couple months.

Danica Patrick announces that she won't drive for Stewart Haas next season. Something involving a sponsorship deal. Which driver can bring a big name sponsor? Danica came in with GoDaddy but they dropped the sponsorship in 2016. She got some sponsors but not enough and doesn't get much air time anymore.

Eric Almirola won't be back at Petty racing either but I don't think the two are connected.

Cole Custer is the Xfinity driver and the son of the executive vice president of Stewart Haas and he could get the seat.

Last edited:
Danica Patrick announces that she won't drive for Stewart Haas next season. Something involving a sponsorship deal. Which driver can bring a big name sponsor? Danica came in with GoDaddy but they dropped the sponsorship in 2016. She got some sponsors but not enough and doesn't get much air time anymore.

Eric Almirola won't be back at Petty racing either but I don't think the two are connected.

Cole Custer is the Xfinity driver and the son of the executive vice president of Stewart Haas and he could get the seat.

Any word on where Matt Kenseth will be going?

I'm glad Danica is finally getting the boot. Hasn't shown her worth on the track at all. Only had sponsorship due to the fact that she is an attractive woman but sponsors are finally starting to realize that she's so far back that she never gets on TV, so whats the point? I bet you anything that car will start running in the top 10-15 every week with a deserving driver in the seat.

Smithfield left Petty and is going to Stewart-Haas which caused a bit of drama there. I have a feeling that Bubba Wallace will be in that car next year.

Any word on where Matt Kenseth will be going?

I'm glad Danica is finally getting the boot. Hasn't shown her worth on the track at all. Only had sponsorship due to the fact that she is an attractive woman but sponsors are finally starting to realize that she's so far back that she never gets on TV, so whats the point? I bet you anything that car will start running in the top 10-15 every week with a deserving driver in the seat.

Smithfield left Petty and is going to Stewart-Haas which caused a bit of drama there. I have a feeling that Bubba Wallace will be in that car next year.

No word on Kenseth and he must not have a sponsor. I don't know if Almirola is tied to Smithfield and will be going to Stewart-Haas. I'm thinking Cole Custer but maybe both leaving another driver without a seat?

Mercedes signed Bottas for another year. They like the chemistry between Bottas and Hamilton.

There are still people who don't want grid place penalties for using more than the allotted parts. The feel it is penalizing the driver who didn't cause the problem. The only suggestion is to take constructor points away instead but the teams that are having the problem aren't accumulating points so that would only be a penalty for the front running teams. It would allow or almost force the low point teams to run their equipment as hard as possible to try to accumulate driver points. They could put everything in new every race and win a drivers championship without having a single constructor point.

No word on Kenseth and he must not have a sponsor. I don't know if Almirola is tied to Smithfield and will be going to Stewart-Haas. I'm thinking Cole Custer but maybe both leaving another driver without a seat?

Cole Custer would make sense. Whats William Byron doing in the Xfinity series? I figured someone would be offering him a ride. I can't see Almirola staying in the Cup series if he's let go. I don't think he's got the talent to set him apart and he doesn't have much of a personality either.

The series just costs too much money and doesn't seem like it brings in enough revenue these days. Most cars have multiple sponsors that only do about 1/4 the season at a time. Who other than Jimmie Johnson has the same main sponsor nearly all year? Kenseth is a championship caliber driver who isn't washed up. Seems crazy to me if a top team doesn't offer him a ride. SHR or Furniture Row should be offering him first dibs. I can't see how a sponsor wouldn't want to put their name on a guy who is usually up there among the leaders.

McLlaren officially dumps Honda for Fiat power. Toro Rosso will use Honda next year and Honda says they intend to challenge for a top three position next season.

Maybe try to finish some races first?

Red Bull fastest in both practices today with Ricciardo.

Back