Motorsports thread. Discuss any motorsports here

lol Webber interviewing Vettel, can feel the awkward.

I thought the rule change to only allow cup drivers to run 5 or 6 busch races was a good move, but after watching yesterday's busch race I think they need to eliminate cup drivers all together. Neither Kyle Larson or his team seemed to care that they won. Logano in second to boot. Don't care enough to find the first busch series only driver.

Jayski is now down. That was the site for hardcore fans, so its end signifies the decline in Nascar. Segments are ridiculous. I think Harvick scored the most points at daytona and wasn't the winner.

I don't know why I am keeping an eye on the series and complaining. It really is a waste of my time. I just really used to like Nascar and Sundays were something to look forward to. Thanks Brian France.

Let's hope Ferrari can keep up and we will see Vettel vs Hamilton.

Hamilton has this tendency to complain or get frustrated when things aren't going his way 100%.
The same way he thought last season Mercedes would fiddle with his engine.

I am wondering if he was surprised that Ferrari could keep up and started to get frustrated with his tries before the stop.
He did complain about them a lot after the stop when he realized he could catch the Red Bull.

Let's hope for a good season.

Can we really call this a sport?

My fucking gal drives all kinds of miles.

Mercedes managed to throw away the tire battle, track position, and the race with that early pit stop. I think part of the blame has to go on Hamilton, who complains way too much about grip. I mean, you're on a one-stop strategy, and your ultra-softs are losing grip... so you're going to switch to softs and try to push them for 40+ laps? Just a terrible strategic decision.

As for the race, I thought it was underwhelming. For all the hype around the pace of these new cars, I saw very little passing or wheel-to-wheel action. The issue seems to be the incredible amount of downforce, and the air turbulence it causes for the trailing car. I heard several drivers claim they couldn't even tell the difference with the DRS engaged, and I have to believe it's because there is already so much downforce on the car. If the DRS isn't going to create additional pace, then what's the point? Might as well scrap the system altogether.

agree with your opinion of hammy, freaking little diva he is.

and good analysis of the aero situation. the cars would hug the track even it were turned upside down.

I thought the rule change to only allow cup drivers to run 5 or 6 busch races was a good move, but after watching yesterday's busch race I think they need to eliminate cup drivers all together. Neither Kyle Larson or his team seemed to care that they won. Logano in second to boot. Don't care enough to find the first busch series only driver.

Jayski is now down. That was the site for hardcore fans, so its end signifies the decline in Nascar. Segments are ridiculous. I think Harvick scored the most points at daytona and wasn't the winner.

I don't know why I am keeping an eye on the series and complaining. It really is a waste of my time. I just really used to like Nascar and Sundays were something to look forward to. Thanks Brian France.

I'm with you man. Can't even watch the Xfinity races anymore. Back when I was younger, the Busch series had it's own stars. I used to get annoyed in the mid 90's when Mark Martin would run about half the races and win a handful of those. Little did I know that there would be about 5 or 6 Mark Martin's these days that would win over 90% of the races in the series. It's just so pointless to watch the guys that are battling for the championship running 7th and 8th every week.

Yep after Jayski moved to ESPN, I don't even look up qualifying, practice or race results anymore. I can't even find a link on that site to bitch about it either.

Let's hope Ferrari can keep up and we will see Vettel vs Hamilton.

Hamilton has this tendency to complain or get frustrated when things aren't going his way 100%.
The same way he thought last season Mercedes would fiddle with his engine.

I am wondering if he was surprised that Ferrari could keep up and started to get frustrated with his tries before the stop.
He did complain about them a lot after the stop when he realized he could catch the Red Bull.

Let's hope for a good season.

If Mercedes had kept Hamilton on track longer before the first pit stop he'd have likely won the race. Getting caught behind Verstappen was costing Hamilton at least a second a lap and Vettel just barely got out in front of him. Mercedes might have assumed that Verstappen would pit sooner or that Vettel would pit right after Hamilton did. Ferrari had better strategy. They knew that Hamilton could get slowed by traffic and Verstappen is extremely difficult to pass. It was their only chance to get ahead of Hamilton and they did. If Verstappen had stopped sooner, it's likely Hamilton would have been a second a lap faster than Vettel forcing Vettel to stop sooner.

It seems these tires take a lap or two to come in so they don't get that fast first lap coming out of the pit. The teams need to keep their driver out until the car behind them pits. Mercedes has never been very good at race strategy as they have had some colossal missed calls that cost them races.

Seeing the start of this race with Hamilton handily beating Vettel off the line without launch control, it leaves little doubt that Mercedes was tampering with Hamilton's launch control last season to get a championship for Rosberg. When that didn't work they arranged powerplant failures. Rosberg and Vettel are the ones who whine when things don't go their way. Listen to any of last years races to confirm that. Rosberg was the one who would get to the table first and "accidentally" don the winners hat then toss it when his "mistake" was pointed out. Mercedes figured getting Rosberg a championship would make him happy and keep him on the team but that backfired big time just like Hamilton told Mercedes it would.

Hamilton should have been upset after the race because his team cost him the race but he didn't pout like Rosberg and Vettel did last season. Rosberg had to know that Mercedes gave him the championship after Hamilton's comeback run at the end of the season.

I'm with you man. Can't even watch the Xfinity races anymore. Back when I was younger, the Busch series had it's own stars. I used to get annoyed in the mid 90's when Mark Martin would run about half the races and win a handful of those. Little did I know that there would be about 5 or 6 Mark Martin's these days that would win over 90% of the races in the series. It's just so pointless to watch the guys that are battling for the championship running 7th and 8th every week.

Yep after Jayski moved to ESPN, I don't even look up qualifying, practice or race results anymore. I can't even find a link on that site to bitch about it either.

It seems that NASCAR wants total control of web content.

I understand Cup drivers wanting the practice on the track that the Xfinity series provides and some just like to race every chance they get. It does detract from the competition in the class and, more importantly, takes money from Xfinity teams. I suppose sponsors want the front running cars.

It seems that NASCAR wants total control of web content.

I understand Cup drivers wanting the practice on the track that the Xfinity series provides and some just like to race every chance they get. It does detract from the competition in the class and, more importantly, takes money from Xfinity teams. I suppose sponsors want the front running cars.

I wouldn't care about the control but they can't do it in a user friendly format. Nascar.com is almost unusable now. NBA.com went off the deep end last year. Went from extremely user friendly to total garbage. Jayski is now the same way. I have to use the ctrl F function to find out the qualifying results. It shouldn't be that complicated.

The thing is that those same cars would still be up front almost regardless of who drove them. They might have more people watching and paying attention to those sponsors if the series was more interesting. I can't even remember who sponsors who since the companies that sponsor them are so small anyway. In the 90's the Busch series had a ton of huge sponsors. The companies were just as big as the Cup sponsors but those days are long gone now because Nascar decided that having a bunch of redundant pimple faced dorks as the face of their sport was the way to go. The sport needs a Conor McGregor badly.

I might watch the Formula E qualifying and race today.

I wouldn't care about the control but they can't do it in a user friendly format. Nascar.com is almost unusable now. NBA.com went off the deep end last year. Went from extremely user friendly to total garbage. Jayski is now the same way. I have to use the ctrl F function to find out the qualifying results. It shouldn't be that complicated.

The thing is that those same cars would still be up front almost regardless of who drove them. They might have more people watching and paying attention to those sponsors if the series was more interesting. I can't even remember who sponsors who since the companies that sponsor them are so small anyway. In the 90's the Busch series had a ton of huge sponsors. The companies were just as big as the Cup sponsors but those days are long gone now because Nascar decided that having a bunch of redundant pimple faced dorks as the face of their sport was the way to go. The sport needs a Conor McGregor badly.

Also, who the fuck wants to see Logano or Kyle Busch dominate on Saturday when you'll probably see that on Sunday? And vice versa? It's all a joke.

F1 first practice in Shanghai canceled because the weather wouldn't allow the medical helicopter to land at the hospital.

Looks like P2 will not be run either. New cars, new tires and a lack of practice will make racing interesting.

9 cars failed to make it through the NASCAR inspection process prior to Cup qualifying at Texas.
Among them were several Hendrick cars including points leaders Kyle Larson and Chase Elliott, Dale Earnhardt Junior, and Casey Kahne. Also Kyle Busch who hit the wall in practice and the repaired car didn't pass inspection.

Jimmy Johnson posted the 3rd fastest time on his run in Q1 then got loose when he backed off after that run and spun the car without hitting anything. He flat spotted his tires so he will have to change them and start in the back.

Quite the qualifying battle in F1. Hamilton takes pole, Vettel .186 slower beating Bottas by .001 for second.

The sports car race at Long Beach turned into a demolition derby blocking one turn on the last lap. There was no place to go and the cars lined up side by side then a hole opened when one care got moving but the class leader was blocked. Two other cars passed him. It seems to me that they should be penalized for passing under a yellow flag.

Long Beach is always a shit show IMO.
worst street course ever.
I say scrap it.
That and St. Pete.
no one wants to race on an airport.

Long Beach is always a shit show IMO.
worst street course ever.
I say scrap it.
That and St. Pete.
no one wants to race on an airport.

Those blind corners are hell.

Back