Motorsports thread. Discuss any motorsports here

Hamilton beats Vettel on the start. Vettel didn't start from the marked position. Should be interesting to see what the ruling on that is. All but one car started on intermediate tires. An early crash causes a virtual safety car and Vettel and others pit for slicks. A crash on the front straight a short time later allowed Hamilton to pit from the lead and beat Vettel out of the pits. Bottas spun under safety car laps and dropped to 10th.

When they went back to green Hamilton pulled away. Verstappen passed Ricciardo but couldn't keep up with Hamilton. Vettel was stuck in 5th unable to get by Raikonnen. It will be interesting to see if they can run these tires to the end of the race.

Steve Matchett can't even attempt to hide that he's a Ferrari fanboy. Seems he'd love to suck Vettel's penis.

Verstappen's super soft tires gave out giving Vettel second. Hamilton and Vettel are both on the soft compound And Hamilton with a couple laps less on his. Vettel is 10 seconds back. Hamilton can give some time and ease up on his tires. Vettel has to push hard. They'll watch Verstappen's time on the super soft tires.

Vettel pits for soft tires and comes out ahead of Verstappen. Hamilton also pits for tires and comes out in the lead.

Matchett gets all excited because Vettel sets the fastest lap of the race cut the difference to 7 seconds. They tell Hamilton and he promptly sets the fastest lap. Then he goes into maintaining the lead and wins.

Some decent racing in that race as well.

Yes, passing, wheels hitting, crashing but the wider cars make it easier to block. I was surprised that Raikonnen didn't let Vettel pass sooner.

the problem with LB is when a car goes into the barriers, the whole field bunches up, sometimes stacks up ffs and it's just embarrassingly bad. the course is narrow and bumpy.
and for fans, it's not very good for viewing unless you're on a balcony somewhere trackside.

Fernando Alonso will be sitting out the Monaco Grand Prix in order to race for McLaren in the Indianapolis 500

Going to be a great day of racing

I torrent f1 races, so I avoid all motorsport news until I get a chance to watch the race. So I just heard about the Alonso thing. Smart move by Mclaren, it will help keep Alonso happy and will give more publicity to the brand.

Bahrain should be a great race. P1 starts in just a few hours.

Max Verstappen is becoming the driver I thought Sergio Perez then Voltari Bottas had the potential to be. Still believe in the latter two, but Verstappen is like a more competent/has more race craft than Roman Grosjean- who's just a Pastor Maldanado that can actually drive an f1 car. Basically crazy fuckers operating 200+mph machines but Max doesn't make you feel like he'll kill anyone through negligence, like Maldanado nearly did many times and Grosjean a few.

Ferrari, Mercedes and Red Bull appear to all be fast in practice.

right?
LOL
should be a good race.

on another note, I think there should be a redistribution of monetary rewards at season's end with a more
generous allotment for teams that attempted innovative improvement, at no small cost I'm sure, if they succeeded in even a modest manner.

right?
LOL
should be a good race.

on another note, I think there should be a redistribution of monetary rewards at season's end with a more
generous allotment for teams that attempted innovative improvement, at no small cost I'm sure, if they succeeded in even a modest manner.

Ferrari says they hope to be able to use parts of the power unit they changed. Otherwise it appears that it would count as 1 of the permitted 4 changes of those elements.

Only 11 cars in FP3 so far halfway through.

Grosjean crashes coming out of turn 4 bringing out a red flag.

Verstappen fastest in FP3 followed by Hamilton, Vettel, Bottas and Raikonnen.

Bottas takes his first Pole by .023 over Hamilton and .478 over Vettel. Hamilton seemed genuinely happy for Bottas.

Back