Mount Rushmore of Kimura experts in MMA (GIFs & pics!)

Russian National Judo Team

World Sambo Champion

Only submitted once in 42 MMA fights and that was by playing with fire in Werdum's guard

sdDZH6r.gif

Nice Kimura right after getting slammed on his head

Just 1 of his 17 submission victories in MMA
That one is much better and yeah he must have been doing something right to not get subbed by big Nog. I just feel he could have done even more.

That one is much better and yeah he must have been doing something right to not get subbed by big Nog. I just feel he could have done even more.
I do agree BJJ training could have helped him with certain positions. I am sure he has trained with many BJJ black belts but how often I don't know. Things like half guard, recovering guard, not getting your guard passed, not allowing mount, escaping mount are all very important parts of BJJ training that he could have benefitted from, but then again, he lives on the other side of the world where Judo, Sambo and wrestling are more common than BJJ.

Still did pretty good for himself all things considered. Lol.

Great post TS. Honorable mention to Karo Parysian for his use of the Kimura to set up throws/defend the single leg.

Good call. I think both of these are against Dave Strasser if I am not mistaken....

tumblr_n9t9ttKR5C1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

tumblr_n9t9ttKR5C1ry1rm7o2_r1_400.gif

Struve with the Kimura Sweep!

l.gif

It's a great sweep because it lands you directly in mount.

The man's got a few shoulder's on his mantlepiece

39739.jpg

15+Fedor+Emelianenko+vs+Egidijus+Valavicius_xvid_002.gif

sdDZH6r.gif

I believe this is Renan Barao using a kimura grip to reverse and take the back.

LikableChillyChinchilla.gif

Back