Mousasi already making that sponsor money. Will they pay him more than the $5K Reebok/UFC paid him?

Does a bare shit in the ocean

A bare shit?

reading-ikea-intructions-big-lebowski-confused.gif

UFC really killed the MMA apparels with the reebok garbage. I hope bellator can revive it with its recruitment of great fighters.
No one watches bellator. Why would sponsors pay for space on a no name fighter in a no name promotion in a no money sport?

Hope the MMA sponsorship market has a huge resurgence, and fighters defect from the UFC to Bellator in mass numbers.

We're due for another "UFC vs. PRIDE" promotional war.

Ha if you think Belator is the answer, it won’t be 1 company.. RIZIN brings an completely opposing product than “cage fighting”.
Moose has a contract to fight in Japan.

Soon they'll all be wanting to make Mou$a$i money.

first thought is that you gave us a link to an article that's over 2 years old as a link... & no article about the money Moose is making now.

second thought... is that since we don't know the parameters of his deal... we have no way of determining that it is in fact better.

Does he get paid more if he fights more? If he is getting a yearly wage from his sponsors no matter how much he fights... then his "per fight" average will go down. So in one fight he might make 5K more than when he was in the UFC... but then if he fights 3 times in a year... that sponsorship wage average goes way down down "per fight." So comparing one fight to his UFC wage would not be accurate.

We really need to know the specifics of the deal in order to properly comment on it.

He's a smart fighter financially. I remember watching an embedded episode where he states that every fight he has in the UFC he buys one new property

Thoughts?

below is Mousasi's answer to your question. source.

“Sponsorship is not that important for me because I feel like I’m getting paid well,” Mousasi said. “I don’t need a lot of sponsorship. But sponsorship is also not that great because UFC has killed it with the Reebok deal. A lot of companies that used to be there are not anymore. It’s a little bit tougher to get sponsorship. But I don’t really need sponsors.

“People don’t care about me that much because I’m not a U.S. citizen. In Holland, there’s not that big support for me here. For me, it’s little bit different. Sometimes it makes a difference where you’re from. If you’re an American fighter or Canadian fighter or Brazilian fighter you get certain opportunities a Dutch fighter doesn’t get. The sponsors my manager got paid for the extra guys coming with me (to Bellator 185). Just to pay the bills; it’s allowance money.”​

Back