Mousasi - Shlemenko

Who'll win this?

• Total voters
The guy is a gamer. From what I have seen , he likes to bang. But going with an easy finish by Mousasi.

I wanted hisaki Kato or Alexander shlmenko to be the mw bellator champ, but now tht mousasi's in the organization now, I see mousasi being the champ.

I agree you don't see many fighters throwing liver shots but Shlemenko loves throwing them and you can clearly see the looks on the faces of the fighters on the receiving end of the punch how it completely incapacitates them. Shlemenko comes up with some crazy moves spinning back elbow and brutal knees when he can get them in.
Alexander%2BShlemenko%2BSpinning%2BBack%2BFist%2BKO%2BMelvin%2BManhoef%2BBellator%2B133.gif

Alexander_Shlemenko_vs._Brett_Cooper_5.gif

When this fight takes place I don't expect to see Mousasi wanting to stand and bang I expect to see him go for the take down as quickly as possible as the ground seems to be Shlemenko's only weakness.

Moose has been outstruck by Machida and that's about it. I think he's confident enough to stay on the feet and if things get bad, switch it up.

I like Sasha's chances.
As long as he avoids an early takedown (or can stall enough off his back to avoid anything serious) and lands some shots to the body, he's got a very good chance of winning.
People have been seriously undervaluing Shlemenko's skills as a striker for a long time now. He's more than competent enough to beat Mousasi on the feet.

going with Gegard. Excited for this one though.

Mousasi should handle this easily, but he has been caught on occasion and Shlemenko is good enough that it isn't outside of the realm of possibility that he could win.

If I were a gambler I'd bet on Mousasi.

Got Moose, but honestly Shlemenko is every bit as dangerous as Hall was, and he is a lot more likely to keep the fight competitive in the event he doesn't get a finish in the opening rounds.

I like Sasha's chances.
As long as he avoids an early takedown (or can stall enough off his back to avoid anything serious) and lands some shots to the body, he's got a very good chance of winning.
People have been seriously undervaluing Shlemenko's skills as a striker for a long time now. He's more than competent enough to beat Mousasi on the feet.
Two things:

1. Mousasi is masterful controlling the distance with his jab. Shlemenko should have problems closing the distance.
2. Alex has been taken down and easily finished buy Hasley and Tito. Mousasi grapples when he fights strikers, and strike against grapplers.

I went with Moose but Im just hoping for a great battle between these warriors, whomever comes out on top is all good with me, as a fan of both there are reasons I dont want to see either lose..but there can be only one

Two things:

1. Mousasi is masterful controlling the distance with his jab. Shlemenko should have problems closing the distance.
2. Alex has been taken down and easily finished buy Hasley and Tito. Mousasi grapples when he fights strikers, and strike against grapplers.

Paul Bradley, Slava and (ironically) Halsey are all grapplers, and Shlemenko's beaten them all in the past year.
You're also really minimizing the skills Shlemenko has if you think a good jab is going to counter him so much that it's something to point out. The sheer fact that Sasha's a southpaw is proof enough that that idea isn't really ironclad.

Moose has been outstruck by Machida and that's about it. I think he's confident enough to stay on the feet and if things get bad, switch it up.
Correction.Mousasi outstruck Machida 66-37 in their bout but was outstruck in the significant strike battle in a fight that was ALOT closer than people remember.

It was also Gegard's 1st fight back at 185 coming off a couple of acl- tears.At that time, Lyoto should not of been his first fight back at 185.

Got Moose, but honestly Shlemenko is every bit as dangerous as Hall was, and he is a lot more likely to keep the fight competitive in the event he doesn't get a finish in the opening rounds.
I think it depends on which Moose we get to see.

The on-point Moose of his recent fights might be able to control the fight.

Thinking about it, I think this might be one of my fav MW matches this year. (With UFC's Romero-Whitaker obv.)

Correction.Mousasi outstruck Machida 66-37 in their bout but was outstruck in the significant strike battle in a fight that was ALOT closer than people remember.

It was also Gegard's 1st fight back at 185 coming off a couple of acl- tears.At that time, Lyoto should not of been his first fight back at 185.

There's no way you can go back and watch that fight and think Gegard did more work on the feet than Machida. Machida landed the cleaner, better shots. This is coming from a guy who's been a Mousasi nuthugger long before it was cool to hug his nuts.

There's no way you can go back and watch that fight and think Gegard did more work on the feet than Machida. Machida landed the cleaner, better shots. This is coming from a guy who's been a Mousasi nuthugger long before it was cool to hug his nuts.
Then you'll be happy to hear that I wouldn't make up numbers and fightmetric exists. You said it best, though, Lyoto was hitting him with the cleaner harder shots.......hence- " significant strikes"

Storm's 25 second liver kick TKO of Halsey was a thing of beauty. Funny how both guys have fought each other twice for a grand total of 1 minute.

Shlemenko is very talented, but I can't see him beating Mousasi right now. Gegard has been on an absolute tear since that loss to Hall in 2015.

Then you'll be happy to hear that I wouldn't make up numbers and fightmetric exists. You said it best, though, Lyoto was hitting him with the cleaner harder shots.......hence- " significant strikes"

fightmetric doesnt tell all and you know this.

Lyoto won the striking battle in that fight.

Mousasi is the best MW in Bellator, and he is also the third best MW in the world right now.

I don't see anyone in Bellator MW division that can beat him.

I really don't understand your retorts.Im giving you facts but I'm also admitting that machida won fight based on significant strikes.I had the fight 2-2 going into 5th and Lyoto won fifth.They both collected 50g for fight of the night so what's the problem?

Back