Mousasi vs. Rory for Bellator middleweight title set for September

Who Wins?

• Gegard Mousasi

Votes: 199 75.4%
  • Rory MacDonald

Votes: 65 24.6%

• Total voters
In a documentary on the Dutch spike his brother says Mousasi walks around just under 100kg/220 pounds if he doesn't have a fight coming. He might be adding a few pounds but that's a big dude for Rory to take on.

Rory is going to get wrecked sadly. Moose is just bigger and better.

I'm sure Mousasi will win since he's gonna be bigger. But who knows. GSP dropped Bisping and there was a size disparity. Interesting to see.

if you aren't excited about this fight you aren't an MMA fan, period

Both of these guys could be current UFC champs and this IS absolutely a superfight

I have no idea who's gonna win, it's hard not to give the moose an edge due to size

lightweight vs. light heavyweight (who has fought HWs)

Brilliant matchmaking.

Let's not facts ruin an otherwise already embarrassingly pedestrian analysis.

When Hunt fought Mousasi, he was on a 4 fight loss streak over a period of almost 3 years. Those 4 losses were to Barnett, Fedor, Overeem, and Manhoef. Bunch of cans, yep.

Mousasi has fought against bigger fighters in the past; ie, Hunt, OSP, Kyle, Latifi. He's now giving the fans what's probably the most entertaining fight Bellator can put on in his division. It's hardly indicative of "manning down".
Let's not forget, Rorys big mouth started all this otherwise Gegard wouldn't of mentioned. His bucket list happened AFTER Rorys comments on Shlemenko fight so he made his bed, now Mousasi will put him to sleep in it.

I'm sure Mousasi will win since he's gonna be bigger. But who knows. GSP dropped Bisping and there was a size disparity. Interesting to see.
Difference here, Bisping not that good- mousasi elite.
Gsp was -155 over Bisping in Vegas.
Mousasi should be , at least, a 2-1 favorite so its almost like apples and oranges.
It's MMA so anything can happen, though.

Rory's awesome but Moose is equally awesome, has an edge in the standup IMO and is certainly going to be the bigger man in the cage. Moose takes it . Should be a fun fight though.

Fuck I wish this was in the UFC. They fucked up on letting this guys leave.

I always hear people saying "UFC screwed up by letting (insert fighter's name) go!"

Maybe some of these fighters are a pain in the ass to work with?

I always hear people saying "UFC screwed up by letting (insert fighter's name) go!"

Maybe some of these fighters are a pain in the ass to work with?
I strongly doubt that's the case with Rory or Moose. They both seem pretty laid back in general

Would've never happened in the UFC anyway.
Top WWs amd top MWs are too busy to fight each other.

Only in Bellator the divisions are so shallow that "superfight" can happen any time and no contenders will be hurt by it

Back