Movie characters you fell in love with

tumblr_o0ydynQNA91rp0vkjo1_500.gif

tumblr_ozvhpu1a0a1s3u023o1_500.gif

When I was a teen, Dominique Swain in Face Off hit me real hard for a couple of years, even though she only appeared in a couple of scenes in the movie.

dominique-swain-face-off.jpg

0.jpg

Another one...
Geena Davis, The long kiss goodnight
upload_2018-1-20_16-26-0.jpeg

Forrest Gump. Still my favorite all time movie.

Gary Sinise in Forrest Gump was gold.

capture32.jpg

born_on_the_fourth_of_july_willem_dafoe.jpg

Willem Dafoe in Born on the Fourth of July was also gold. Those scenes were just too funny and memorable.

I believe the SEAL team knew they were going after Bin Laden from the time they were in the U.S., but not the way the movie portrays it. Plus, I don't think a senior SEAL planner would keep it a secret from the team. The team already had 10 deployments under their belt. It would be nice to have something special to motivate them.

"...another source referencing a kill order stated, 'Officials described the reaction of the special operators when they were told a number of weeks ago that they had been chosen to train for the mission. They were told, 'We think we found Osama bin Laden, and your job is to kill him,' an official recalled. The SEALs started to cheer."

"The CIA briefed Vice Admiral William McRaven, the commander of the Joint Special Operations Command, about the compound in January 2011. McRaven said a commando raid would be fairly straightforward but he was concerned about the Pakistani response. He assigned a captain from the U.S. Naval Special Warfare Development Group to work with a CIA team at their campus in Langley, Virginia."

I think the group had a good idea of the intel that was in the compound and everything unfolded according to their set plan. On the contrary the group not knowing an identity does not really change what they do on a day-to-day basis, a tier 1 group with that high of a clearance operates mistake free.

Jenifer Aniston Friends series

Before the raid, SEAL Team Six rehearsed in a full-scale replica of the Bin Laden compound. They were so concerned about preparation and accuracy that they re-created the one-acre compound where their target was living, than ran trial runs there until they were ready to take down Osama bin Laden. They practiced at Camp Alpha, a segregated portion of Bagram Air Base in Afghanistan.

How they know the layout of the interior of the house? Did they honestly have someone inside ? If so, the CIA can just use one of their own people. Sneak some super spy in with the guise of a milkman using exploding milk.

Back