Movie Pass: 10$ A Month For 1 Free Movie A Day In Theaters

I hate to say it, but this is true.

Though I do think Ridley has been unfairly criticized in recent years. Exodus: Gods and Kings was a better movie that people gave it credit for.
giphy.gif

Have only seen 3 of his movies but he is a top 10 director for you?

He is a top 10 director for you and yet you haven't made more of an effort to see his other stuff?

I'm surprised by that

I didn't say he was a Top 10 director for me, I said he was doing better work than Ridley is these days. Ridley hasn't made a truly great movie in years.

I just received my pass today. So from the 22nd of Sept (ordered) until the 14th of Oct (received). That's not too bad.

Used the card for the second time yesterday, both times have been painless. Also realized that by stacking this with my regal rewards card I'm gonna have free popcorn/drinks for the foreseeable future. By far best $9.99 I've ever spent.

UPDATE: I got an email saying I'd get my card in 5 to 7 business days. Really looking forward to this and it goes smoothly.

UPDATE: I just got my card. Gonna test it out tomorrow to see if this thing works like a charm or not.

I got my card today. For some reason I was expecting to be able to use it for Blade Runner 3D, which I ended up just paying for out of pocket because I wanted to watch it in 3D anyway. I'll probably use it for the first time tomorrow on Happy Death Day.

Used the card for the second time yesterday, both times have been painless. Also realized that by stacking this with my regal rewards card I'm gonna have free popcorn/drinks for the foreseeable future. By far best $9.99 I've ever spent.

Yeah, my local theater also has a rewards program and it's great to get rewards points even when buying your ticket with MoviePass.

I've got a wad of free popcorn/free drink/$5 off $20 of concessions coupons building up in my wallet.

The bittersweet thing is that sometimes the rewards are a free movie ticket, which used to be something I'd get really excited about and now that's meaningless to me.

I got my card today. For some reason I was expecting to be able to use it for Blade Runner 3D, which I ended up just paying for out of pocket because I wanted to watch it in 3D anyway. I'll probably use it for the first time tomorrow on Happy Death Day.

Why did you expect that?

They've been pretty clear that MoviePass is only for standard 2D showings. Not 3D, not luxury seating, etc.

I've been doing the same thing, it's gotten to the point where I can get a free drink or popcorn just about every other time I go to the movies.

Used this last night to see a double feature of the original King Kong and Them! (giant ant movie), was a lot of fun.

My favorite thing so far about this is that it leads me to seeing movies in theaters that I never would have before. The other day I had some freetime and ended up seeing that new Jake Gyllenhaal movie "Stronger", didn't have a whole lot of interest in seeing it but just decided on a whim since it was free, ended up being one of the better movies I have seen lately.

My favorite thing so far about this is that it leads me to seeing movies in theaters that I never would have before. The other day I had some freetime and ended up seeing that new Jake Gyllenhaal movie "Stronger", didn't have a whole lot of interest in seeing it but just decided on a whim since it was free, ended up being one of the better movies I have seen lately.

Yeah, I've been seeing so much shit that the theater is starting to feel like home. When I went to see The Foreigner the other day, I was like, fuck I was just here a few days ago.

I'll probably go see Happy Death Day tomorrow and then sometimes this weekend or next week I'll go see GeoStorm and Only the Brave.

Back