Movie Pass: 10$ A Month For 1 Free Movie A Day In Theaters

I just used it for the first time. Pretty seamless. Now I'm sitting through the previews for Happy Death Day with no audio.

@shadow_priest_x Looks like I'm back to watching Happy Death Day today. The Flashback Cinema was axed because it wasn't doing well, so no Clue. I guess I'll have to watch it on the small screen instead.

I was pretty pumped to catch an older movie each week. As soon as I get my card they shut it down.:mad:

Damn, well that's fucking lame!

You really need to watch Clue anyway. Watch it ASAP and let me know what you think.

bQB5m8S.gif

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

Colleen-Camp-in-CLUE-720x405.jpg

So far I've seen two movies with this pass, totaling $20. Works like a charm. Anyone with any reservations, there's nothing to worry about. When I was in line to buy my ticket for the most recent movie I saw, I pulled out my Movie Pass card in anticipation for stepping up to the window then randomly I happened to look behind me and the guy behind me had his Movie Pass card out as well. lol, it worked perfectly for him too.

I'm gonna try and make it to a show tomorrow and over the next few days. I wanna see Blade Runner, The Foreigner, and Only The Brave.

Last edited:
From the time I got my card in the mail then downloaded the app and was in the movie theater watching a movie less then an hour later. I couldn't wait to go see a movie with it. You can watch movies more then once in the theater with this, but I'll probably just save that for Star Wars and Marvel movies.

Man, I almost feel like I'm getting away with something I shouldn't. So far I've seen close to $50 dollars worth of movies and I've only had the card for a week. Every time I walk up and make a purchase, it just feels so good. It's addictive as fuck. It literally feels like I'm seeing these things for free. Let me tell you, if it wasn't for this pass I wouldn't have gone to see all the recent movies I did. This makes it more than worth it. Because now instead of only going out for movies I really want to see, I'll just show up to any damn thing that looks mildly interesting. And I wont think twice about walking out if it's shit. Even if I end up hating the movie, it doesn't matter at all. It's wonderful.

This must be how rich people feel.
<GinJuice>

can confirm: MoviePass is the realest subscription service out there right now.

i love being able to catch mediocre-to-bad films in the theatres when there is nothing else to go see & not feeling the least bit bad about it. i just saw Jigsaw today & it was so fucking dumb, but i didn’t for a second give a fuck because i’ve already gone well over my money’s worth for the month, & i’ve only had my card for two weeks now. i’m saving so much money because i don’t even bother w/ those overpriced garbage concessions like a gluttonous moron.

Movie A is playing in a regular theater and an Imax theater

I go see Movie A in IMAX 100% of the time

Why would you wanna go see the inferior version ?
are all imax movies 3d? i saw the last king kong on imax and it was ok, but i could take or leave the 3d

Ran into a bit of an issue tonight. I tagged along with a friend to watch Justice League again and it was storming pretty bad, couldn't get any service so my app wasn't loading. Had to pay out of pocket to watch. It's not MoviePass' fault obviously, but this was something I didn't think about happening.

Ran into a bit of an issue tonight. I tagged along with a friend to watch Justice League again and it was storming pretty bad, couldn't get any service so my app wasn't loading. Had to pay out of pocket to watch. It's not MoviePass' fault obviously, but this was something I didn't think about happening.

Are you saying the app wasn't working because your phone couldn't get a signal and Movie Pass couldn't determine your location?

Are you saying the app wasn't working because your phone couldn't get a signal and Movie Pass couldn't determine your location?

That was the issue at first, when I got inside to the lobby the theater finally popped up. I clicked on it but it was just stuck loading, the showtimes weren't popping up. I waited for a couple of minutes but didn't want to hold my buddy up, so I just used cash.

That was the issue at first, when I got inside to the lobby the theater finally popped up. I clicked on it but it was just stuck loading, the showtimes weren't popping up. I waited for a couple of minutes but didn't want to hold my buddy up, so I just used cash.

Weird.

We have a rewards program at my theater and I sometimes get coupons for $1 movie tickets. It's funny, I used to fucking LOVE to get those, but now they just annoy me since I have Movie Pass. I'd much rather get coupons for concessions. But I guess I should hold a couple of those back in case I run into a situation like you did tonight.

Weird.

We have a rewards program at my theater and I sometimes get coupons for $1 movie tickets. It's funny, I used to fucking LOVE to get those, but now they just annoy me since I have Movie Pass. I'd much rather get coupons for concessions. But I guess I should hold a couple of those back in case I run into a situation like you did tonight.

Yeah I'm sure those could come in handy one day. I don't expect to run into that issue very often tho. That's the first issue I've had so far.

anyone noticing that Showcase Cinemas has major releases greyed out & “not supported”? i’m not super beat up about it because it’s only Justice League, Thor, & Coco currently, but i am a little worried about the potential precedent it might set going forward, at least for this particular branch of theaters which happens to be the closest to me.

Has anyone tried to see the same movie another time?

Saw Thor the other day and it was entertaining and been thinking of seeing it again with Movie Pass.

So this past weekend got an offer to have my rate lowered to $6.95 a month if I sign up for 12 months. I've had the pass since October and have been loving it, saved me at least $60 so far and I 100% plan on keeping it.

My only apprehension is that if I switch plans then they bill for me the 12 months as one upfront payment. So if Moviepass goes out of business in 3 months then I'm out whatever I already paid for the remaining 9 months.

Am I overthinking and in this case looking a gift horse in the mouth?

So this past weekend got an offer to have my rate lowered to $6.95 a month if I sign up for 12 months. I've had the pass since October and have been loving it, saved me at least $60 so far and I 100% plan on keeping it.

My only apprehension is that if I switch plans then they bill for me the 12 months as one upfront payment. So if Moviepass goes out of business in 3 months then I'm out whatever I already paid for the remaining 9 months.

i’m probably going to skip on the offer because the $10/month is already so superfluous when compared to how many times i’m going to the movies per month at this current rate. i’ve already got my moneys worth for the entire year & then some.

I got it.

085260da739d5f8723a626ab23a0da4623be9458998bfc91b38c57cdffec16d4.jpg

Has anyone tried to see the same movie another time?

Saw Thor the other day and it was entertaining and been thinking of seeing it again with Movie Pass.

I know in their most recent Terms of Service, it says you can only see any particular movie once. But I've never actually tried it.

I thought they changed it where you can watch the same movie multiple times now?

Back