Movie Pass: 10$ A Month For 1 Free Movie A Day In Theaters

Those dirty cocksuckers fucked me over on the $6.95 per month deal. It was supposed to kick in a few days ago but my account still shows me at $9.95. I've been trying to contact them for about 5 days now, no response.

Isn't the $6.95 supposed to be if you pay the yearly lump sum in advance? Did you get charged for the whole thing?

Isn't the $6.95 supposed to be if you pay the yearly lump sum in advance? Did you get charged for the whole thing?

Yeah, you get $6.95 a month but the catch is you gotta commit to a full year. I got an email over a month ago asking me if I wanted to upgrade. It was a limited weekend deal type of thing. So I clicked the "upgrade now" button, got the confirmation "thank you for upgrading......it will kick in on your next pay period, etc" so then like a day after that was my pay period (at this point it was the one before last) so I waited, nothing happened, so I contacted MoviePass and asked why it hadn't been upgraded. It took me about a week to get a response. They said that I'd have to wait for the next pay period (which was my most recent one a few days ago) so I've been waiting......and nothing. The next pay period happened and I'm still at $9.95. I've been trying to contact them again, since Friday morning, and I've gotten no response. I guess all I can do is to keep trying.

Btw, way back when I tried to contact them the first time a month ago, I eventually got the response through the app, but they never responded to my direct claim on their website. Even right now it says it's still pending 30+ days later. They must be ridiculously understaffed. The card works great but their customer service department is almost nonexistent.

well I couldn't let Moviepass CEO get one over on me

So I just got a ticket to Orient Express

I probably go see a movie every day of the week except maybe once or twice a week when I have to work a double. I literally went and saw Pitch Perfect 3 yesterday, something that I never thought that I'd do prior to moviepass. Would've went to see Shape of Water instead but the start times of the movie didn't work for me yesterday.

Bunch of fukers

I can only imagine that this pissing contest wont be ending any time soon

Well Moviepass dropped 10 AMC theaters in expensive locations including one I frequented. Here's a quote from a executive on why

“When HMNY acquired the majority stake in MoviePass, we made the strategic decision to reduce monthly subscription fees to $9.95 a month to get movie fans back into the theaters. As we’ve grown our subscriber base, we’ve seen a dramatic increase in movie theater attendance among our subscribers, which proves to us that MoviePass is working to revitalize a declining industry. Other theater companies have seen this attendance resurgence and have approached MoviePass to collaborate. Since the get-go, AMC has not been interested in collaborating with MoviePass – a move that is not in the interest of our subscribers and AMC theater-goers.

We know that we currently represent approximately 62% of AMC’s operating income, assuming that AMC is flat year over year. This equates to $34.4 million of gross profits to AMC in the upcoming quarter. On an annualized run rate basis, that’s over $135 million to AMC’s gross profits – which doesn’t include concession sales from MoviePass subscribers. In publicly disclosed 2017 financial documents, AMC claimed each customer spends $4.88 on concessions each visit – meaning MoviePass subscribers could bring an additional $17.1 million in AMC concession revenues for Q1 of 2018, which on an annual run rate means $68.4 million more — an annualized run rate going forward of over $203.4 million revenue from MoviePass subscribers.

We’ve pulled 10 AMC theaters — less than 2% of theaters. We already know in past testing that MoviePass subscribers are not theater-loyal; they’re happy to drive by a theater that may be closer to a theater that will accept MoviePass –because of the MoviePass value.

From day one, MoviePass has been 100% for our subscribers – they are the most loyal fans we’ve ever seen and we’re honored to remove a price barrier than had been preventing the average movie-lover from going to the movies. We’re here for them and will fight battle for them every day of the week.”

Kinda sucks, but If movie pass is having such a huge increase to there business, then AMC will likely be more inclined to be better partners.

Had MoviePass, and then I moved. Closest theater they work with is 25 miles away, and I have a better one about half that distance.

Took 2 months for them to cancel my account. I hit the cancel account button and it just went back to the home screen. Figured it was done, got charged. Then I spent forever trying to get a hold of an actual person and stop getting automated responses. Finally had someone confirm I was cancelled, so I am hoping it is true and I do not enter a third month paying for nothing.

It is a cool service, but their customer service is so bad that even if I move close to a theater again, I will not be re-upping.

Finally got an official response from that claim I opened like 3 months ago. So I guess any claim you open will take ~3 months to get a response from.

I just read MoviePass is now $10 for 1 movie per week, and no more than 4 per month. If we signed up previously, are we grandfathered in at 1 movie per day?

I just read MoviePass is now $10 for 1 movie per week, and no more than 4 per month. If we signed up previously, are we grandfathered in at 1 movie per day?

From what I've heard, if you signed on to the one-movie-per-day plan then your plan doesn't change.

Except it's not really a movie per day anymore. You can only watch a movie once. Are there really 30 different movies playing per month that you would go to? The one time movie limit severely limits the amount of times you can go to the movies. So in essence, it is still like only being able to go to the movies once a week (assuming there is a new movie that you would want to watch every week).

Except it's not really a movie per day anymore. You can only watch a movie once. Are there really 30 different movies playing per month that you would go to? The one time movie limit severely limits the amount of times you can go to the movies. So in essence, it is still like only being able to go to the movies once a week (assuming there is a new movie that you would want to watch every week).

For me, it’s not about watching a ton of movies. Since I got movie pass in January, I only average about 4-5 movies a month. I want the ‘one movie per day’ because I don’t want to have to wait a week between movies. I usually watch 2-3 movies in one weekend and then nothing for a couple weeks.

Back