Movie Pass: 10$ A Month For 1 Free Movie A Day In Theaters

Bought it. Figured it’ll be worth it once summer comes around.

In May i plan to watch:
Avengers IW
Quiet Place
Deadpool
Solo
Maybe another 1

That should be worth the 10 bucks. I’m bummed you can’t rewatch anything. I guess i can sneak into the theatre.

MoviePass Is Introducing Surge Pricing
The most notable change is the introduction of surge pricing or, as Lowe calls, it “high demand” pricing. “At certain times for certain films—on opening weekend—there could be an additional charge for films,” he said. That extra fee is expected to start at $2 and will apply to films that are especially popular on MoviePass. Lowe said that MoviePass hopes this will help theaters bring in more mid-week business for blockbuster films.

https://gizmodo.com/moviepass-is-introducing-surge-pricing-feel-free-to-be-1827030057

Bullllshit

Is there a cap on how many movies you can watch per month?

i tried to use the card at a Century theatre this past weekend and it didn’t work. I was checked in and everything.

didn’t have that problem at my past AMC visits but it’s been months since then.

Moviepass is a joke

I get that it was billed as an unlimited amount of movie type of deal, but you can still make it work. I’ve watched 6 movies and paid $20 so far. Still a good deal for those who don’t mind watching a movie a week or two after release. Hell id rather do that to avoid the crowds anyway.

I get that it was billed as an unlimited amount of movie type of deal, but you can still make it work. I’ve watched 6 movies and paid $20 so far. Still a good deal for those who don’t mind watching a movie a week or two after release. Hell id rather do that to avoid the crowds anyway.

Compared to what it was just months ago

You are paying the same price but getting so much less now

I usually go on Thursday nights to catch the new movies. But with this new thing I'm spending an extra 2 dollars if its surging. Potentially thats 8 extra dollars a month

So now I'm paying close to 20 dollars a month for this crap.

And if I'm spending 20 dollars a month why am I not using the AMC pass that was just released which is way better ?

Anyone try Sinemia?

https://www.sinemia.com/

web_logo.jpg

Just got AMC A-List. After Moviepass ran out of money last thursday, they've been restricting movies that they are not allowed to surge.

Example-
Leave No Trace is a low budget, independent movie that isn't allowed to be surged through moviepass since it's not a bigger budget movie. But moviepass can consider any movie they want to be "premium" (what they do with 3D and IMAX movies). They cannot afford a lot right now, so they restrict this movie on the app so they don't have to pay for it. I'm not mad that I can't see this. I would, but its just an example how they are saving money at our expense.

Hell, yesterday everything in the app was surged $6 bucks. Today? It's $8. They're going under soon. At least thats what I think. I'm getting rid of it soon. Lasted a good 41 movies on moviespass since November. I got my money's worth.

A-List is good so far. Seeing a movie on it today.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would never see that movie anyways
Yours and my taste in it isn't the point. It's the point that they are restricting movies from their customers because they don't want to pay for them.

I'm giving heed to those who have been considering dropping the service.

Yours and my taste in it isn't the point. It's the point that they are restricting movies from their customers because they don't want to pay for them.

I'm giving heed to those who have been considering dropping the service.

I cancelled that shit months ago

Fuck em

They will make more off the concessions.. and people often go with somebody else, so they will generate more from you than they did before, like it or not.

Back