Movie series where the third installment is considered the best

<KingstonFrown>

Genuinely never heard anyone say this before. 1st is respected by a wide range of people. The 2nd and 4th were very entertaining and more Hollywood, but 3?

I'd have little quarrel with anyone who chose any of the first four Rocky films as their favorite.

Re: Rocky

4 > 3

By a large margin

Large margin? I wouldn't agree with that. Rocky 3 is Sly's favorite other than the original. 3 had several great elements to it, that 4 mostly built upon.

Last edited:
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade was my personal favorite in the series. I wouldn't argue with anyone putting Raiders first, but Temple is a distant third.

A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: The Dream Warriors

Wasn't civil war the 3rd captain America movie? If so then that's my choice.

Thor Ragnarok is easily the best example in recent memory.

Too much Rocky III hate in here. They're all badass up until 5. That one was shit. Balboa (6) was good again, but then Creed was shit again (outside of Rocky's scenes).
creed was a good movie and I think creed II will make a lot of money.

Too much Rocky III hate in here. They're all badass up until 5. That one was shit. Balboa (6) was good again, but then Creed was shit again (outside of Rocky's scenes).

I liked Rocky 5.

Was Leprachaun in the Hood the third movie? If so, that.

The Godfather series 1 was lame, 2 why was it set in two different time periods? Too hard to follow. Now 3 we have a compelling villain in Don ZaZa and Andy Garcia as Pacinos estranged son now loyal soldier was magnificent.
It was his nephew dumbass.

It was his nephew dumbass.
You right he was Sonny’s illegitamate son.
That’s just how good the movie was it had layer upon layer of depth and world building like a lotr for people who get laid.

You right he was Sonny’s illegitamate son.
That’s just how good the movie was it had layer upon layer of depth and world building like a lotr for people who get laid.
nice-recovery_o_654339.gif

Back