Moving to Brazil Part II

Nothing beats the surprise factor of watching a bootlegged DVD from the streets of China!

Watched a HK comedy (in cantonese) and put on the English subtitles. Movie starts out with a couple at a restaurant just chatting and flirting.

Subtitles:
"Alpha team in position"
"We're moving in!"
"We're taking fire! Take cover..."

:icon_chee

Ahahah!!! That's really hilarious.

I am as excited for Igor's fight as any UFC fight.

Hey Gerbil,

How about this for a t-shirt, a jiu jitsu fighter in a low kind of fighting stance at the ready but then his shadow on the wall or whatever is a gerbil standing on its hind legs? In my mind it looks cool lol.

I am as excited for Igor's fight as any UFC fight.

You and I both, it's going to be interesting for sure.

Hey Gerbil,

How about this for a t-shirt, a jiu jitsu fighter in a low kind of fighting stance at the ready but then his shadow on the wall or whatever is a gerbil standing on its hind legs? In my mind it looks cool lol.

I have the shirt idea already, just has to be designed :D But thanks for the idea, I may put that one on the backburner!

I'd buy a shirt if it was any of these with no text. Just the logo in the center. A one color shirt, obviously.
color2-1.jpg

Hey Gerbil,

Great idea

Possible to get a shirt to Long Beach by the 7th? If i win, ill take a picture on the podium with it on. :D

Hi Jeremy, I just wanted to say that I used your baseball choke setup from side control today at practice. It worked perfectly, and I had never drilled it before (I got a wild notion to try it today). When I went to the inside knee to the face, my partner's eyes widened into silver dollars with a huge look of surprise! That was the perfect distraction for switching and getting the good knee on belly. When I lifted, his collar flared perfectly for me to get the grips for the choke. Unfortunately, as I was sitting through, the round timer went off, and I didn't get the submission, but I was very close. The detail you put into the instructional was great, and I am definitely going to add this setup/submission to my game. I feel as though it is so basic that I will have a lot of success pulling it off, and I am excited about today's early success. Thanks again for the vids, man. Please keep the tips and posts about Brazil coming. I love it.

Hi Jeremy, I just wanted to say that I used your baseball choke setup from side control today at practice. It worked perfectly, and I had never drilled it before (I got a wild notion to try it today). When I went to the inside knee to the face, my partner's eyes widened into silver dollars with a huge look of surprise! That was the perfect distraction for switching and getting the good knee on belly. When I lifted, his collar flared perfectly for me to get the grips for the choke. Unfortunately, as I was sitting through, the round timer went off, and I didn't get the submission, but I was very close. The detail you put into the instructional was great, and I am definitely going to add this setup/submission to my game. I feel as though it is so basic that I will have a lot of success pulling it off, and I am excited about today's early success. Thanks again for the vids, man. Please keep the tips and posts about Brazil coming. I love it.

I am glad that you're enjoying the techniques and I'm also glad that they are working out for you. Hopefully I continue to post things that you can absorb directly into your game :D

I am gonna come out and say it, I liked the old logo and avatar more

I haven't read the whole thread yet, only about 30 pages, so sorry if this was asked but I had a question about staying in Brazil. In a post you said the max you could stay in the country was 6 months. When would you able to come back to Brazil? I mean, would they never let you back in after you stay six months? Can you go back to the U.S. then go back for another 6 months?

I haven't read the whole thread yet, only about 30 pages, so sorry if this was asked but I had a question about staying in Brazil. In a post you said the max you could stay in the country was 6 months. When would you able to come back to Brazil? I mean, would they never let you back in after you stay six months? Can you go back to the U.S. then go back for another 6 months?

You go for three months, and then go the police station and get an extension to stay another 3 months, totaling 6 months. That is the maximum allowed in a year. When you leave, your visa begins resetting itself and you can come back in a year.

Where are you training now that Cavaca is in the states?

Where are you training now that Cavaca is in the states?

Im still with Checkmat, Palito (Gabriel Rolles)/Rafael Cavaca/Nivaldo Oliveira have been teaching classes. And I train with Michelle Nicolini everyday who I would consider my professor over anyone else in the academy really. Also now on Wednesdays were driving to Sao Paulo to train at leo Veira's academy with him, Chico Mendes etc. Next week Im going to go to Rio for a week because my Mom is visiting so Ill be at Ricardinho's gym. Cavaca, Bainano, Buchecha and everyone are coming back in a week or two, but Im going to go to Campinas and stay with Bruno Frazatto to get ready for South Americans (Atos in the morning, Fighters Camp with Bruno at night). At this point I consider Bruno another one of my professors because aside from Ryan Hall I think hes given me more personal attention and taught me more than anyone else

Back