Moving to Thailand

William Huggins

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
It's a good possibility that I will be moving to Thailand in the next year - 18 months, might get some training in whilst there, not too much as I'm now 42, my work does not require that I am based in one place, where would you recommend? If you had the choice. I will be taking the family so keep that in mind.........

Enjoy the ladyboys in Bangcock

I have been to Thailand, 3 times, my Shim spotting ability is second only to @Frode Falch (he always dates the hot ones), besides it's easy to spot lady boys have larger feet and longer legs, most working girls are from up north (Isan) and are generally petite with short legs....... Dating a proper Thai girl (not a boy or working girl) is not as easy as going to a bar and trying to chat one up, it takes a bit more effort..........

That’s awesome! I had the privilege of living in Bangkok during my Highschool years. It’s definitely a wonderful experience with so many opportunities, especially if you want to train Muay Thai. I lived in a compound/neighborhood called Nichada Thani, it’s a good family community and there are a lot of expats there. There’s also quite a few other communities for expats throughout Bangkok with very good international schools for your kids. I went to ISB, but there’s so many more in the city. Bangkok is a little more expensive than other areas in Thailand, but it’s still a very great cost of living. I also had friends who lived in Chiang Mai who loved it. No matter what, you’re definitely going to have a wonderful time there! Plenty of beautiful beaches and islands to go visit on vacations! Let me know more when you decide where to go! All the best!

I have been to Thailand, 3 times, my Shim spotting ability is second only to @Frode Falch (he always dates the hot ones), besides it's easy to spot lady boys have larger feet and longer legs, most working girls are from up north (Isan) and are generally petite with short legs....... Dating a proper Thai girl (not a boy or working girl) is not as easy as going to a bar and trying to chat one up, it takes a bit more effort..........

I heard you gotta make them laugh if you're unsure. Because they might look and talk like a chick, but if you hear a deep "huh huh" ..

I heard you gotta make them laugh if you're unsure. Because they might look and talk like a chick, but if you hear a deep "huh huh" ..

The only trouble is by Western standards, Thai males have a higher pitched voice anyway, then with female hormones .......;)

Hormones don't effect voice, that's a myth. But if they can sing, that's a different story. But still, most people wouldn't think to alter the tone of their laugh, that's a reflex.

Hormones don't effect voice, that's a myth. But if they can sing, that's a different story. But still, most people wouldn't think to alter the tone of their laugh, that's a reflex.

That and the rasp file they use to shave down the Adam's apple.....

It's a good possibility that I will be moving to Thailand in the next year - 18 months, might get some training in whilst there, not too much as I'm now 42, my work does not require that I am based in one place, where would you recommend? If you had the choice. I will be taking the family so keep that in mind.........
What is your ethnicity? How old are the kids? Will they be attending an international school there? Will your family acclimate to Thai culture? It may be difficult for them to live in a jungle nation once the novelty of elephant rides wears off.

When you get there find our homie Payak, we miss him

When you get there find our homie Payak, we miss him

I'm not sure I have the strength to climb to that highest mountain temple..... I will do my best and when the mighty Payak, slayer of banana trees, most powerful of the Thai warrior monks returns.....you will know that I William P Huggins has achieved my goal .....

where did you have in mind of staying? I dont think I would like to live in bangkok, vacation would be cool, or just to exp it. But I would much rather live the beach lifestyle in thailand than in bangkok

What is your ethnicity? How old are the kids? Will they be attending an international school there? Will your family acclimate to Thai culture? It may be difficult for them to live in a jungle nation once the novelty of elephant rides wears off.

Farang, old enough to know better, maybe, we will be living near a beach so they will be mixing it up with the turtles.....

where did you have in mind of staying? I dont think I would like to live in bangkok, vacation would be cool, or just to exp it. But I would much rather live the beach lifestyle in thailand than in bangkok

I don't need to be in a city, as long as I have a good internet connection, Hua Hin looks nice at the moment and only 2.5 hours drive from Bangkok, don't think I would live in Pattaya.....

I don't need to be in a city, as long as I have a good internet connection, Hua Hin looks nice at the moment and only 2.5 hours drive from Bangkok, don't think I would live in Pattaya.....

i was reading not too long ago that hua hin is one of the best and cheapest places for foreigners to stay or something along those lines. here in the US I live in the ghetto but I like the outdoors rural country living over city life. I think rural beach lifestyle would be awesome. I havent been to thailand yet and dont know it well enough to make a recommendation but I think you get what I mean.

i was reading not too long ago that hua hin is one of the best and cheapest places for foreigners to stay or something along those lines. here in the US I live in the ghetto but I like the outdoors rural country living over city life. I think rural beach lifestyle would be awesome. I havent been to thailand yet and dont know it well enough to make a recommendation but I think you get what I mean.

I have travelled around a bit not really up north, as far as Ko lanta...... Down south

That’s awesome! I had the privilege of living in Bangkok during my Highschool years. It’s definitely a wonderful experience with so many opportunities, especially if you want to train Muay Thai. I lived in a compound/neighborhood called Nichada Thani, it’s a good family community and there are a lot of expats there. There’s also quite a few other communities for expats throughout Bangkok with very good international schools for your kids. I went to ISB, but there’s so many more in the city. Bangkok is a little more expensive than other areas in Thailand, but it’s still a very great cost of living. I also had friends who lived in Chiang Mai who loved it. No matter what, you’re definitely going to have a wonderful time there! Plenty of beautiful beaches and islands to go visit on vacations! Let me know more when you decide where to go! All the best!

Thanks for that, will do.....

Back