Mozambique: People killing bald men because they think there's gold inside the head

As always with these sort of articles this likely happened in some remote village in Mozambique involving semi-remote superstitious tribal groups but media wants to make it out that this is common or at least is now becoming common in Mozambique as a whole :rolleyes:
Where is this more common - Europe, North America or Africa? Nobody thinks it's common, that's why the story has such a great WTF apeal to it.

As always with these sort of articles this likely happened in some remote village in Mozambique involving semi-remote superstitious tribal groups but media wants to make it out that this is common or at least is now becoming common in Mozambique as a whole :rolleyes:
You just sound poor because you are probably not bald and don’t have a gold stash inside your nogging.

I bet Tito would be highly sought after in those neck of the woods because of his amazing gold storage facility.

<{Joewithit}>

You'd think that after the first bald guy was killed, and no gold was found, they'd rethink their theory.

Well...they probably didn't dig deep enough or threw the gold nuggets out with the brain material. It's a new science. They're gonna have hiccups. The gold's in there.

Different culture, too hard to judge.

Another example of propping a failed nation.

Some cultures/peoples are destined to die off, if left alone.

Almost every stupid trend coming from the dark continent is started by witch doctors
https://www.thoughtco.com/why-africa-called-the-dark-continent-43310
At the same time, missionaries began traveling to Africa to bring the word of God. They expected to have their work cut out for them, but when decades later they still had few converts in many areas, they began saying that African people’s hearts were locked in darkness. They were closed off from the saving light of Christianity.

I believe this is the real reason Africa is still in the dark. It's the darkness of witchcraft, superstitions and occultism. It keeps you in bondage for generations.

@Bald1 be careful bro!
Will do. Just cancelled my yearly Christmas retreat to Mozambique due to this story. Such a shame as it's so beautiful this time of year, and the south of the equator sun tans my noggin a beautiful golden hue.

Perhaps I'll head to peaceful Syria, or check out the nightlife in Pyongyang instead. Naaah. Malmo it is, followed by a stop over to Luton for a Booka Shake rave.

Actually, other than this story I know absolutely nothing about Mozambique.

giphy.gif

Wrong head . . . Who'd of thought. Thanks gold member.

Also get rich quick schemes aren't all they're cracked open to be.

Send them a few copies of Super Mario Bros -- maybe they'll switch to trying to smash their heads into brick walls in the hopes obtaining gold coins.

This is irresponsible reporting.

5 people have been killed, starting 8 months ago, and the killings have been perpetrated by as few as 2 people.

That's like saying because two hillbillies in Appalachia kill a few black folks because they think they're chocolate that all of the sudden it's some systemic superstition in America.

iu

probably my least favorite Desire song.

Best: Black Diamond Bay

This is irresponsible reporting.

5 people have been killed, starting 8 months ago, and the killings have been perpetrated by as few as 2 people.
they caught only 2 so it could mean anything. But 2 is still too much. In what other continent can you convince people there are gold inside bald heads?

Back