MSM claiming #walkaway is a Russian ploy?

Do you believe that:

1. More Democrats than Republicans are switching party affiliation? or
2. More Democrats than usual are switching party affiliation?

If so, is it because you've seen any data to support the claim or just because Republicans came up with a hashtag?

I haven't seen polling data or info on registration changes, but election results seem to suggest that the opposite of both of those conclusions is more likely.

Tell you what Jackie, wait for the mid-terms and we can see what's what.

For the record, I don't think Dems are leaving to necessarily support Trump. They're just leaving the DNB's of the establishment.

For the record, I don't think Dems are leaving to necessarily support Trump. They're just leaving the DNB's of the establishment.

You didn't answer the questions, and you don't appear to have any rational basis for thinking that what you said is true.

Worry about your own elections, stupid

You didn't answer the questions, and you don't appear to have any rational basis for thinking that what you said is true.

Where is your proof for Republicans coming up with the hashtag?

Hadn't heard of it before this thread tbh. Could be both genuine in origin and exploited by Russian bots. BLM was genuine in origin but was exploited by Russian trolls to divide Americans as were other divisive issue like gun control. My favorite story related to that was one I read on here where Russian trolls organized a BLM protest and a counter-protest with a turn out of a few hundred in total. They really know how to play us.

the partisanship in our country is stark. Seems everyone now has a black and white lens.

Dear Conservatives for Trump, the guy is a self serving scumbag who doesn't care one iota about this country. Doesn't make him the devil though.

Dear Liberals against Trump, not everything is related to collusion.

Dear everyone, let Mueller finish his investigation and present his findings.

Dear Sherdog proper...I love you.

Where is your proof for Republicans coming up with the hashtag?
http://dashboard.securingdemocracy.org/
Top Themes
Updated on July 10, 5:41 AM
The #walkaway movement, a campaign highlighting alleged discord among the left, got a boost this week from accounts linked to Russian influence operations. The first use of the #walkaway hashtag from accounts monitored on Hamilton 68 was noted in early June (a few weeks after the grassroots campaign began), but engagement remained relatively low throughout the month. Activity spiked on July 2, when Hamilton 68 noted 73 unique tweets using #walkaway, and roughly another 50 using related campaign hashtags (e.g. #walkawaymovement). The late engagement suggests Kremlin-oriented accounts are trailers rather than leaders of the campaign, but the high-level of current engagement indicates an effort to astroturf support for the movement and hijack the narrative. This includes several monitored accounts that have changed their handles to include the hashtag, or that have shared their own supposed walkaway moments. The campaign also received a direct boost from Russian propaganda outlets RT and Sputnik, both of which ran stories on the movement.

EDIT: I thought I read "Russians" not "Republicans"

Last edited:
I dont know if its russia.... but I know the entire movement is bullshit lol

its just right wing nobodies that want to gain some attention like Candace Owens and Dave Rubin

it's definitely real, many youtubers made videos on it

What's not 'real' is 'meddling' that involved simply exposing the corruption of others. Russia did what Woodward and Bernstein did, mainly b/c our own media are sycophantic corporate shills and can't do their own job....

'meddling' hahahahahahahahahah sure

CIA literally enacting coups and installing puppet governments is Meddling, trolling people isn't. Spearphishing hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaahb

It was started by a gay guy named Brandon Straka from NY who was a democrat until last year.

Does anyone believe Democrats are going to win?

Win what? The House? Looks like a near-even shot at this time because of the way districts are drawn, though Democrats are certain to get way more votes than Republicans and than they have previously. The WH in 2020? At this point, it's looking very good.

Why so pathologically obsessed with another Countries politics?

Why so pathologically obsessed with one foreign poster discussing American politics, when there are many in here?

Seems like you have a specific problem with me, because I live rent free in your head.

Why so pathologically obsessed with one foreign poster discussing American politics, when there are many in here?

Seems like you have a specific problem with me, because I live rent free in your head.
Notice he only bitches and moans about people from outside the US talking politics when it isn't some ranting and raving purple faced anti-Trump nut attack?
One post later, a Scot opined on this, but since it is anti-Trump, it got a pass. Dudes a joke.

I know a lot of lefties on here have fallen for the Russia meme but does anyone actually believe #walkaway is a Russian plot?

If so, why?
"Russian plot" is a loaded term, but there is evidence to show that social media accounts with Kremlin ties are trying to spread the campaign. It's not fair to say that Russia has nothing to do with this and it's all Liberal hysteria.

http://dashboard.securingdemocracy.org/

Top Themes
Updated on July 10, 5:41 AM
The #walkaway movement, a campaign highlighting alleged discord among the left, got a boost this week from accounts linked to Russian influence operations. The first use of the #walkaway hashtag from accounts monitored on Hamilton 68 was noted in early June (a few weeks after the grassroots campaign began), but engagement remained relatively low throughout the month. Activity spiked on July 2, when Hamilton 68 noted 73 unique tweets using #walkaway, and roughly another 50 using related campaign hashtags (e.g. #walkawaymovement). The late engagement suggests Kremlin-oriented accounts are trailers rather than leaders of the campaign, but the high-level of current engagement indicates an effort to astroturf support for the movement and hijack the narrative. This includes several monitored accounts that have changed their handles to include the hashtag, or that have shared their own supposed walkaway moments. The campaign also received a direct boost from Russian propaganda outlets RT and Sputnik, both of which ran stories on the movement.

The site is interesting. They show a spike in Whoopi Goldberg and sure enough there is a thread today featuring tweets about her. What's the over-under that they are Russian linked?
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/there-is-rape-and-then-there-is-rape-rape.3799793/

Back