MSNBC Anchor: Dems Should Recruit Voters to Move to Rustbelt States

Your brain is incapable of making logical inferences. I feel so sorry for you.
You do understand this isn't a real policy right ? , one person with no power threw out a stupid idea.

there is no story here there is no thread here

Fogie should have sent it to the dump rather than just change the thread title
..... although watching you flail around trying to defend your deceptive title is amusing.

Obviously a stupid idea but why should we give a shit about what she says?

To those whining that the thread title was somehow dishonest: Do you really think 10000s of voters would pack up and move from sunny California to freezing Michigan to try to help a Party win? The only way this could happen is with, ahem, "incentives".

Awesome, this is the gift that just keeps on giving.

Cast a vote and years of free entertainment.

Obviously a stupid idea but why should we give a shit about what she says?
Because democrats have been accused of shipping in illegals to vote, which is the actionable version of her plan. Especially when you get counties in California that get more votes than there are registered voters.

With all the voter suppression engaged in by Republicans maybe it's time the Dems started playing dirty too

With all the voter suppression engaged in by Republicans maybe it's time the Dems started playing dirty too
What voter suppression? Making people have to prove they are a citizen of America in some way, especially when so many states are so willing to take in mass amounts of illegals?

What voter suppression? Making people have to prove they are a citizen of America in some way, especially when so many states are so willing to take in mass amounts of illegals?

Voter ID laws for one. You must provide a photo ID when you register NOT when you vote. I have voted maybe 10-12 times in different elections and only one 1 occasion was I asked for an ID.

We all know that handicapped, elderly and minorities are more likely to not have valid photo ID's and more likely to not have driver's licenses.. This one isn't so egregious as I think people should be issued photo ID's for free anyway.

Limitations on early voting - In North Carolina, Republican lawmakers requested data on various voting practices, broken down by race. They then passed laws that restricted voting and registration in five different ways, all of which disproportionately affected African Americans. Among other things, they cut back on early voting.[21] Later, the North Carolina GOP sent out a press release celebrating the decline in early voting by African Americans.[22][23] Early voting is important for voters who do not have flexible working hours and cannot take time off on a weekday to vote.

Felon Disenfranchisement - In Florida during the 2000 presidential election, some non-felons were banned due to record-keeping errors and not warned of their disqualification until the deadline for contesting it had passed.

In 2004, 5.3 million Americans were denied the right to vote because of previous convictions.

Disinformation about voting procedures
Voters may be given false information about when and how to vote, leading them to fail to cast valid ballots. For example, in recall elections for the Wisconsin State Senate in 2011, Americans for Prosperity (a conservative organization that was supporting Republican candidates) sent many Democratic voters a mailing that gave an incorrect deadline for absentee ballots. Voters who relied on the deadline in the mailing would have sent in their ballots too late for them to be counted.[27] The organization said that the mistake was a typographical error

In 2014, Alabama passed a law requiring a photo ID to vote; soon afterwards, the state shut down dozens of DMV offices in minority neighborhoods

But I know this is all bullshit right? lol

Well they don't really see minorities as people with their own thoughts and personalities; more so as objects or tools they can use when needed. So I'm sure it makes perfect sense to them.

Well they don't really see minorities as people with their own thoughts and personalities; more so as objects or tools they can use when needed. So I'm sure it makes perfect sense to them.

200.webp

Because democrats have been accused of shipping in illegals to vote, which is the actionable version of her plan. Especially when you get counties in California that get more votes than there are registered voters.

We can't be concerned about made up shit.

They can certainly try.

Good luck with that, Dems.

To those whining that the thread title was somehow dishonest: Do you really think 10000s of voters would pack up and move from sunny California to freezing Michigan to try to help a Party win? The only way this could happen is with, ahem, "incentives".

That's one way to do it I guess. Given the margins of victory in some of the places, you would not need that many. Limiting voter suppression would have a similar effect. Though to be fair, a think the largest contributor to voter suppression this time around was the Democratic Candidate.

It's the natural response to aggressive gerrymandering.

You redraw districts to exclude certain voters then the counter move is to move the voters into the new districts.

Honestly, I think we may see it at some point.

Honestly, I think we may see it at some point.

Considering the margin of the Dem's defeat and how the states they win they have tons of extra votes, like millions of extra in some cases, it makes sense.

I mean, Trump won MI by 10,000 votes. PA by 40,000 votes, and Wisconsin by 20,000 votes.

If just 5% of their extra voters were spread out over the Rust belt swing states, Trump loses, and they'd still have some of that 5% to spare to send to VA or FL.

Last edited:
Jesus.

OK. Got it. Everybody that doesn't live in either New York or California is a racist.

Als0 - love the use of her word "recruit". As if she wouldn't be totally fine forcing families into windowless rail cars at gunpoint for redistribution.

You implied that the thread title was somehow dishonest. Do you really think 10s of thousands would pack up and move from sunny California to freezing Michigan to try to help a Party win? The only way this could happen is with $$$.

That sounds awful and thank god that isnt going to happen. I dont know how others feel about it but I dont want em at all

how the fuck you recruit somebody to move to dayton, ohio? right. they pay me enough, i'll move there tomorrow and register as a democrat.

I know all about butter face Katy Tur but who is the milf in the purple?

Back