MSNBC and others blacklisted Bernie Sanders in election

F

franklinstower

For those of us who really followed Bernie and his campaign we could see there was a very real bias against Bernie that just did not add up. Here is some pretty stark evidence MSNBC had it as policy against Bernie. Corporate medial makes a bigger negative effect on our elections than the Russians do.

Hillary stole the nomination, get over it...

Wait, just kidding fuck that bitch and her pawns in the media.

I mean, yeah, it was kind of obvious.

However, that anecdote isn't much of stark evidence, since at that time Sanders was not considered to be even a remotely legitimate challenger, and it could well be that the other stories in Texas, Baltimore, etc. that he was downplaying did have real significance to the outlet's interests. It's not like people, even on the far left who had at that time sort of written Sanders off as a flaky social democrat as we tend to do, was waiting on pins and needles for his campaign announcement.

And right wingers (not you, OP) ignorantly and recklessly appropriating the "Bernie got screwed" narrative to justify their shit candidate and their shit choice in voting for him are kind of sad.

And right wingers (not you, OP) ignorantly and recklessly appropriating the "Bernie got screwed" narrative to justify their shit candidate and their shit choice in voting for him are kind of sad.

Anyone who voted Trump because they originally wanted Bernie was the most confusing aspect of the past election.

Its as if they wanted steak, got offered hamburger and then protested by eating tacks

I don't believe him.

It's not that I have any respect for MSNBC, or believe them incapable of it, but this is Russian propaganda. The entire point of his testimony is to discredit American media while esteeming RT. Hope he got paid well.

Anyone who voted Trump because they originally wanted Bernie was the most confusing aspect of the past election.

Its as if they wanted steak, got offered hamburger and then protested by eating tacks
Both railed against the free trade agreements and in general were seen as political outsiders.

I voted for Bernie and I would never vote for Trump but I sort of get it.

I mean, that group was fairly remote, although not insignificant. And I do understand their rationale of frustration, especially coming from a place of imperfect information. They wanted a shakeup and something that would jar the system into fixing itself, and weren't coming from a place of great policy understanding: they just didn't properly estimate just how awful and dishonest a president Trump would be. But, to be fair, even I have been pretty surprised at just how far right, openly corrupt, and disregarding of Trump's strains of populism the GOP has been in this term.

Both railed against the free trade agreements.and in general were seen as political outsiders.

I voted for Bernie:)() and I would never vote for Trump but I sort of get it.

Hilary and Bernie voted similarly 92% of the time, Hillary agreed to concessions with tuition breaks and said she wouldnt go through with the TPP -- even if she was lying, odds are bernie would've caved on that AND the Donald is reportedly looking to get back in.

I would somewhat get it if Trump wasnt so damn opposite from bernie on every other area -- their protest vote was incredibly stupid, but more so, was obviously stupid.

Youtube video as evidence?

Stop.

I mean, that group was fairly remote, although not insignificant. And I do understand their rationale of frustration, especially coming from a place of imperfect information. They wanted a shakeup and something that would jar the system into fixing itself, and weren't coming from a place of great policy understanding: they just didn't properly estimate just how awful and dishonest a president Trump would be. But, to be fair, even I have been pretty surprised at just how far right, openly corrupt, and disregarding of Trump's strains of populism the GOP has been in this term.

You dont even need great understanding of policy to recognize how opposite bernie and trump were -- or how way more aligned Bernie and Hillary were. I get they wanted to shake the system but going from a passionate progressive and protest hillary by going hard right, makes no sense to me whatsoever. Stein was available (and to be fair, probably a lot did go that route)

I don't believe him.

It's not that I have any respect for MSNBC, or believe them incapable of it, but this is Russian propaganda. The entire point of his testimony is to discredit American media while esteeming RT. Hope he got paid well.

Two words: Phil Donahue.

Hilary and Bernie voted similarly 92% of the time, Hillary agreed to concessions with tuition breaks and said she wouldnt go through with the TPP -- even if she was lying, odds are bernie would've caved on that AND the Donald is reportedly looking to get back in.

I would somewhat get it if Trump wasnt so damn opposite from bernie on every other area -- their protest vote was incredibly stupid, but more so, was obviously stupid.
I agree with what you're saying but some people are single issue voters and if TPP was your single issue I can sort of see it. Sure Hillary ended up saying she was against it but it seemed insincere at the time.

Both railed against the free trade agreements and in general were seen as political outsiders.

I voted for Bernie and I would never vote for Trump but I sort of get it.
Mark Blyth, a political economist, has talked extensively on the cause of Trump and how his platform could resonate w/ Bernie supporters. He's got a lot of interesting talks available on YouTube. He predicted Brexit, Trump, and Italy's election. He was off on France. He predicted these well in advance of them materialing.

@Trotsky - if you're not aware of Blyth, I'd definitely recommend you give him a gander. Incredibly interesting presentations.

I agree with what you're saying but some people are single issue voters and if TPP was your single issue I can sort of see it. Sure Hillary ended up saying she was against it but it seemed insincere at the time.

If TPP was there single issue, then yeah...ok. I never believed him on that, but i can see how others were. But that is also to say people were Bernie supporters exclusively on the TPP issue and those were the ones who flipped.

If TPP was there single issue, then yeah...ok. I never believed him on that, but i can see how others were.
Not just anti-TPP, but for renegotiating NAFTA. Now look at where he won the election: The Rust Belt.

Was bernie ever about renegotiating NAFTA?

I don't recall him running on that; but he was not in favor of NAFTA, before or after it was passed.
Interesting factoid; the TPA (fast track authority) Congress gave to Obama for TPP is what would allow Trump to renegotiate NAFTA.
Without that, he wouldn't be able to do so.

So he received the ”Ron Paul-treatment” more or less?

Back