Muay thai belt system

ASSOCIATION INSTITUTE OF THAI MARTIAL ARTS A.I.T.M.A
Courtesy of the Thai government established primary goal is to expand and protect the martial art of Muay Thai original as the cultural heritage of Thailand is the organization for the first time in the history of the sport Muay Boran and Muay ranked athletes and coaches in the world, and ranks Khan of the students to master the major cause of this varying degrees of Khan white to Khan, gold which contains 16 Khan designed Unfortunately, in recent years a number of people in the organization we worked for personal gain and power to sell Khan and the degree and level athletes, but we continue to lie to legal activities. We’ll keep official records and Muay Thai skills over the years to promote Khan is one of our main rules
And proudly announce as an old organization in preserving the ancient martial art of muaythai and muayboran in thailand
We introduce the 5th Master of the Martial Arts Institute of AITMA to the world.

1.Dr. Channarong Shongsa president of AITMA & IMTF (SENIOR GRAND MASTER) GOLDEN MONGKOL KHAN 16

2. Dr Veera Kuschapakirin Vice President IMTF & AITMA (SENIOR GRAND MASTER) GOLDEN MONGKOL KHAN 16

3.Dr Surasitt Singlong Secretary IMTF & AITMA (SENIOR GRAND MASTER) GOLDEN MONGKOL KHAN 16

4.Mr Narong Wongsoonthon Vice President IMTF & AITMA (SENIOR GRAND MASTER) GOLDEN MONGKOL KHAN 16

5.Grand master Chalee khuntharee (SENIOR GRAND MASTER) GOLDEN MONGKOL KHAN 1641968598_329328437635511_2057593289619537920_o.jpg

ub7smn5.jpg

70347382_1672983162839015_306085208036212736_o.jpg
70731628_1672983099505688_3369881870731837440_o.jpg
70328723_1672982676172397_8677811001560662016_o.jpg

Attachments

• 70347382_1672983162839015_306085208036212736_o.jpg
    70347382_1672983162839015_306085208036212736_o.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 1
Is the cost of belts high?

What is average price for preparation seminars, pre grading seminars, belts pre tests ( if they do pre tests ), fees for belt tests, certificate registration fee ?
Does they require membership in federation/ clubs and if yes, what ammount of yearly membership fee must be paid?

Honestly, I think belt ranking serves nothing but as an annoyance for people that want to just train.

I don't use them, regardless of what I'm teaching. It's about the skill you possess, not the rank.

Unless you're doing it for kids as a motivator, adults really shouldn't have a need or desire.
Now this is an issue, but belt rankings should reflect skill.

Personally if someone or a school chooses not to use belts that’s fine but it’s really no different than grades in schools. Getting As should reflect your knowledge and mastery of the material, though it often doesn’t.

My biggest beef is a set timeframe between testing for belts or ranks. If you hold testings every 3 months and a student believes they’ve gotten the material down good enough to advance, let them test, it’s their money. If they don’t they fail and try again later, if they do, they advance in rank.

Usually in Japanesse arts there is from one to six federations for each style.
Each of them sets minimal allowed timeframe between gradings; for example 6 months in each Kyu rank and 12 months at 1 Kyu rank before Shodan test.
Between Shodan and Nidan tests 2 - 3 years etc.

Belts I think isn't bad for kids.

However they might be expensive.
Wrestling and boxing will not issue belts, so might be a bit cheaper.

Belts i have come to the conclusion is just a marketing ploy. Think about it one promotion is usually 50 bucks at least where i live. Further, It gives the practitioner an option to put that on their resume “black belt in xyz.”

Nothing wrong with belts, but personally for me it feels all too bureaucratic.

Is the cost of belts high?

What is average price for preparation seminars, pre grading seminars, belts pre tests ( if they do pre tests ), fees for belt tests, certificate registration fee ?
Does they require membership in federation/ clubs and if yes, what ammount of yearly membership fee must be paid?
Everything has a price in this life

Is these in any connection with ranking?
Usually is written, that this had connection with monks and religion, that they can help to fighter.
Prajied has been related to the Muay fight since the beginning of its history

Now this is an issue, but belt rankings should reflect skill.

Personally if someone or a school chooses not to use belts that’s fine but it’s really no different than grades in schools. Getting As should reflect your knowledge and mastery of the material, though it often doesn’t.

My biggest beef is a set timeframe between testing for belts or ranks. If you hold testings every 3 months and a student believes they’ve gotten the material down good enough to advance, let them test, it’s their money. If they don’t they fail and try again later, if they do, they advance in rank.
Usually in Japanesse arts there is from one to six federations for each style.
Each of them sets minimal allowed timeframe between gradings; for example 6 months in each Kyu rank and 12 months at 1 Kyu rank before Shodan test.
Between Shodan and Nidan tests 2 - 3 years etc.

Belts I think isn't bad for kids.

However they might be expensive.
Wrestling and boxing will not issue belts, so might be a bit cheaper.
Your academy may or may not use muaythai graduation without any problem.

I didn't think it had a traditional one like say bjj or judo. But I read werdum has a black belt in it

Some gyms have instituted a ranking system [either belts, shorts or armbands] They're not officially recognized by any of the Muay Thai organizations so they mean nothing outside of the gym.

Back