Muay Thai camps in Thailand

xbellatorx

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hello

I am planning to go to Thailand in the second half of 2016. I will train at Muay Thai camps for 10 days. I really want to train with real Thai fighters. Could you please inform me about Muay Thai camps in Thailand?

I would love to hear your experiences as well.

P.S I have been training Muay Thai for 4 years.

Only 10 days? I would personally stay longer if you are going to make the trip. There are a lot of foreign fighters who live and train in Thailand and have extensive blogs about it.

First off where in thailand are you planning to go? Do u also want to go to the beach and stuff or u want big city life?

10 days would be less. you need to stay for log if you are really interested into learning something seriously.

First off where in thailand are you planning to go? Do u also want to go to the beach and stuff or u want big city life?

I am going with my wife so it will be better if it is close to beach. We will stay for 16 days and we are planning to see the country for the rest 5-6 days.

Only 10 days? I would personally stay longer if you are going to make the trip. There are a lot of foreign fighters who live and train in Thailand and have extensive blogs about it.
10 days would be less. you need to stay for log if you are really interested into learning something seriously.

Thanks. I know I would benefit more but I cannot leave my job longer than that unfortunately.

So, beside learning too many things, I would love to do Wai Kru in Thailand ( I already practice it), and do some training and good sparring sessions with real Thai fighters.

I just want to live the culture for a while. :)

Maybe one day, I might have a chance to stay for 3 or 6 months.

as long as you're just doing Muay thai as a hobby, 10 days seems fine.
If you want to fight for a living i think you should stay atleast 6 months.

as long as you're just doing Muay thai as a hobby, 10 days seems fine.
If you want to fight for a living i think you should stay atleast 6 months.

Thanks for all your messages. Until now we have discussed if 10 days would be enough or not. Since I am doing this as a hobby, I would like to hear your camp suggestions where I can feel real muay thai life? :)

I am new here but am currently in Thailand doing muay thai at Charn Chai Muay Thai in Pai, Thailand. I love Northern Thailand and have been training here a year and a half. I just started to fight recently took me a long time to get the courage to get into the ring but I have no regrets about doing it. Pai is a tourist town but is close to Chaing Mai but not too close so you can get distracted and there are a lot chances to fight if you want.

If it's a hobby 10 days is cool, I would consider doing private sessions to make the most of your short time at whatever camp you decide to go to.

I am new here but am currently in Thailand doing muay thai at Charn Chai Muay Thai in Pai, Thailand. I love Northern Thailand and have been training here a year and a half. I just started to fight recently took me a long time to get the courage to get into the ring but I have no regrets about doing it. Pai is a tourist town but is close to Chaing Mai but not too close so you can get distracted and there are a lot chances to fight if you want.

If it's a hobby 10 days is cool, I would consider doing private sessions to make the most of your short time at whatever camp you decide to go to.

I would go to Sitjaopho

Thank you

Koh Yao Noi Muay Thai - Super chill scene on a laid back island with uncrowded beaches. S. Thailand. Went and saw an event that some of their fighters were featured in that was also promoted by this gym. Good stuff.

When you choose a training camp in Thaïland be careful about the weight of your futur thaï sparring partner, juste google it the name of camp or do your research on facebook.

Because if you arrived and see just few kids or some thaï with 20-30 kg under you,you are not going to lived a good experience

Hi, i want ask all of you, have you some experiance with yokkao gym in bangkok ?...…. i want arrived to training for 1 monts. What is group training? Get it attention to everyone?....Thank you =)

Yokkao is ok, not a heap of structure but good pad rounds, some good fighters there too.

Back