Muay thai is too overrated on these forums

Nidnoi keep posting the same video as the main source of his argument

Where is it wrong ?

where kyokushin fighters from oyama dojo won that matchs 2-1, which kinda destroy his whole argument.

How did you know ? Oyama told you ?

But why didn't oyama dojo show the full clip they won ? LOL

Why does every fighting style of every master than ever fought or had students fight in thailand change their system after? Because they saw what worked and copied it.

so are you stating that FTR are the best fighting style ( the only thing that worked) that every martial arts should copy

i starting to see why TS started this thread

Who can edit clip if they didn't have a full clip before ?

[YT]ZogHW2AWcCk[/YT]

Or someone is afraid of.....

[YT]dmf5jsasBnw[/YT]

so are you stating that FTR are the best fighting style ( the only thing that worked) that every martial arts should copy

Which non-reverse kicks in kyokushin did oyama base for creating this kick ?

tumblr_mztgilt6mA1qaa8d1o6_250.gif

I am not Payak. LOL

In the link above,Japanese confirmed he was goju-ryu not a shotokan karate. LOL

Edit: You're denying 1964? Ok, I got trolled guys. My bad.

Last edited:
How did you know ? Oyama told you ?

But why didn't oyama dojo show the full clip they won ? LOL

so far there's more proof of Oyama's fighters winning in Thailand in 1964 than proof of you having any knowledge about martial arts at all.

Muay Thai is so better then the Glory/K-1 stuff but hate the fuckin music plus most Muay Thai fighters who have went over to Boxing have proved themselves.
Glory is just a half house between Boxing and Muay Thai with fighters boring the wannabee fans with leg kicks.

I like muay thai but i have to say that fighter like yodwincha are fucking boring(and he is one of the very best fighter right now)

Also the fight are 5 round but basically te first 2 are rounds of nothing happening,and also is the 5....so the fights have only real action in the 3 and 4

I think that k 1(especially the max period)was better than anything

I like muay thai but i have to say that fighter like yodwincha are fucking boring(and he is one of the very best fighter right now)

Also the fight are 5 round but basically te first 2 are rounds of nothing happening,and also is the 5....so the fights have only real action in the 3 and 4

Yodwicha is like Jake Shields of muay thai, unbelievably boring one dimension fighter
with bunches of controversial decisions in his favor. You probably won't see him
any more from now since he can't make weight in highly competitive division anymore.

Muay Thai is so better then the Glory/K-1 stuff but hate the fuckin music plus most Muay Thai fighters who have went over to Boxing have proved themselves.
Glory is just a half house between Boxing and Muay Thai with fighters boring the wannabee fans with leg kicks.

And you can't really respect Glory after robbing Cro Cop of that obvious win against Bojansky. If you can win while running away the whole fight, throwing pitiful leg kicks that are equal in number to your opponent's powerful leg kicks, while never getting off a punch, then the league you're fighting for isn't worthy of respect.

this is horrific....it kills all the fun in watching the sport.....especially when two thais are fighting abroad and they basically just cruise to the end of the fight, no respect for the paying spectators what so ever

when I say this usually there are mt fans on here that post vids of (brutal) knock outs to 'prove'me wrong, but there all these little things that fuck up the fun in viewing mt

- waikru, ritual dance etc..........I don't give a crap about this....when I see nuthuggers post 'wow, what a beautiful wai kru'bla ba bla I want to vomit....the waikru for me is a waste of time for the viewers

- The annoying music combined with the worst tv broadcasting ever. Fuck, they usually have 1 camera angle with screeching music throughout the fight and when I do watch the lil guys, the visual is partilly blocked by the ropes and the 1 camera angle....the audio and visual really takes away from the viewing pleasue. I gotta say that fighting to this music isn't that bad at all. I didn't mind the music when I fought but when you WATCH it's distracting and annoying.

- the weights.....what's the fun in wtaching guys fight that weigh 105 pounds....that's 47 kilo's.......in all fairness.....women and little children weigh more than that. Of course people will respond and say: yeah you want big heavy weight mma bums to watch but that;s not true and not the point. There is a border in what's watchable and what;s not, imo. What's next? Watching a 95 pound divison? Below 125/135 I have no interest anymore. Too many weight classes and basically lil kids fighting

- After a wai kru there's a 2 round feeling out process? Guys just basically use those rounds as a warm up. waste of time for the viewer again. Above this, it has been often stated that rounds 3 and 4 are the most important rounds. What's this for crap? You're in a 5 round fight and some rounds are more important than others in the scoring??? This is the bullshit influence by the gamblers and people just accept it.

- There is no will to win at all cost. Alot of fighters fight so often...sometimes 10-15 times a year, that they have to stay injury free to provide for a living. I can understand this, alot of these guys aren't rich and they need the income to live. But again, as a spectator, I couldn't give a crap. In some fights, not all of course, the 5th round is just cruising to the end of the fight. Fighters don't take chances to go for the kill....to make up ofor being behin on points. The mt fans don't mind this.......I'm like...what the fuck? Where's the fun if there's no drive to come back from behind with a huge upset knock out??? But wait....according to some mt fans, it has more to do with 'defence' and 'fights being evenly matched'. Bull crap. When a fighter is behind on points ans can no longer win on points. he should go for the kill.......it's the only to win AND the only thing that keeps the viewers glued to their chair. No no, instead both fighters opt to stay injury free and fight another day. Both winner and loser accept this result. From a fighters view point somehwat understandable. But it is a lack of respect to us, the viewers (maybe not in thailand, but in the rest of the world it is)

- Muay Thai in the stadiums is very poorly promoted. But I won't rant too much about it, cause there are also some thai promotions that do things right now and then. The bad promoting is also for a part due to the international promotions. the way the MPL handled it's business was so stupid. At least k1 gave the world 2 decades full of memories before they didn't pay their fighters. The MPL basically mismanaged everything and conned the fighters by not paying them

- Then there are these little things that don't happen that much but are still lame imo. One of them is two thais fighting each other abroad.....usually they go easy on each other wich I find a slap in the face again to the viewers. Another thing is those gym names used as surnames but that's not that important

- The the art itself. It's beautiful......what's not to like about 8 (10) weapons to be used in different ranges, from the outside kicker, to the close distance puncher/elbows to the clinch game...it has got it all. But then they go and let clinching go on for too long. The westerners/kb promotions don't allow the clinch or just a brief periode of a couple of seconds and the thai let it go on forever. And not just when they are working in the clinch....the clinch is also used to stall.....just like lay and pray in mma is sometimes used to stall. In this debate I think that kickboxing is wrong (rules are too strict on clinching) and MT is also wrong (boring clinch snoozefest without real action, the ref should recognize this sooner)

Of course there are also alof of things they do right. They fight often (maybe a bit too often) and don't give title shots that easy. They don't complain that much about judges decisions. When a thai fights abroad he never fights below his natural weight, often above it. This is a wrong doing by the promoters outside of thailand but then again: you sign to fight, you fight. But it's not fair and it takes away some of the pleasure of watching

there are other things that I can't come up with now, the post is too long as it is

Bitching about the wai kru and music, dude, might as well just go watch kickboxing. You make a few good points every so often (poor promotion and production values), but it's shit like whining about cultural aspects and your constant bitching about the lighter weight classes that really makes MT fans like me wish we didn't have to put up with meathead morons like you when we're trying to enjoy the sport (if only you'd just give up on MT and stick with KB). Muay Thai doesn't need "fans" like that that want to remove the cultural heritage aspects of the art and sport or constantly mock genetic parameters that can't be changed within a single lifetime. That would be like some Thai guy whining about how large Dutchmen are just a bunch of massive, clumsy oafs. As for being dismissive of Dutch culture, the English have cornered that market for centuries so I'll leave well alone there. :rolleyes:

I don't really think I can convince big, thick and solid fighters' lovers like Brock to admire
the technique and speed of the little guys. I guess you will just have to continue
enjoying whatever Thai fight and max muay thai give you.

Wai Kru is already shortened for shows like Thai fight and Max, if you don't want to watch it you can just mute and go to toilet.
Taking away Wai Kru is like destroying the root, the cultural aspect of muay thai,
it is a full stretching exercise while also paying respect to all the Kru who have supported
these fighters. Each movement has its own meaning just like how every move in
muay thai has its name but we dumb it down to spinning shits for easier communcation
in this forum.
I don't think Karate guys would call their arts karate if they just took away all the kata,
and bunkai and made it karate kid style gi with kumite only, no more bowing, just
spinning shit.
We are watching martial "art", not just blood sport.

the refs at thai stadiums do breakup the clinch extremely fast if you can get to a stalemate position. But if your opponent has control and you are getting rag dolled they will let it go the whole round. It is like mma in that if you can stall in guard they will stand you up but when you get a advantageous position like side control or mount they will not stand you up unless you do nothing for some period of time.

On the will to win comment it is like the mlb or nba vs the nfl. When you only fight 3-4 times a year you can go all out every fight but when fight once a month you can not give it your all every time or you will not make the next.

You want guys to actually fight when they are abroad them pay real money. These guys are professionals and the best in the world at what they do. But for 2 grand you want a guy who must feed his family from fighting to willingly accept brain damage for your entertainment. There is a reason guys in the west world fight only 30-40 times in a career and then end up punch drunk. You want these guys to go to war than pay them so they do not need to fight in three weeks to pay the bills. Give these guys 15-20k a fight like the k1 max guys and they will make those guys look like the fought in slow motion and go balls to the wall

Last edited:
Brock not got time to read your whole rant but with regards to thais fighting to decisions abroad with no respect to paying audience- simple solution is for promoters to offer a ko bonus!

Bitching about the wai kru and music, dude, might as well just go watch kickboxing. You make a few good points every so often (poor promotion and production values), but it's shit like whining about cultural aspects and your constant bitching about the lighter weight classes that really makes MT fans like me wish we didn't have to put up with meathead morons like you when we're trying to enjoy the sport (if only you'd just give up on MT and stick with KB). Muay Thai doesn't need "fans" like that that want to remove the cultural heritage aspects of the art and sport or constantly mock genetic parameters that can't be changed within a single lifetime. That would be like some Thai guy whining about how large Dutchmen are just a bunch of massive, clumsy oafs. As for being dismissive of Dutch culture, the English have cornered that market for centuries so I'll leave well alone there. :rolleyes:

stop feeling butthurt about some comments on how I view certain aspects of muay thai....also learn how to read, I never said that the waikru or music should be removed, I said it takes away from the viewing pleasure. it's that so hard to comprehend?

multiple minutes to see a guy do a ritual dance/religious aspect of the game, I couldn't give a shit, it's another x amount of time wich I don't care for. Is it so hard to understand that people find the music annoying as well? If you can't imagine that, than you are a meathead moron. Again, learn to read, I never said both should be removed from the sport, I said it takes away from the viewing pleasure and I'm not the only one tho whinks this way. I guess there are other promotrs in thailand that are viewing things differently.

Wai kru and that snake-music aren't things that can sell the fights more easily, on the contrary.

That being said, how funny you didn't comment on what
I had to say about 5 round fights that are basically 2 round gambling fights and all the other stuff I mentioned. I also mentioned a couple of positive things about MT but all you did was get butthurt over the waikru and the music.

I couldnt care less about 'production value'. I don't need big k1/pride like entrances and shit. They make the events too expensive if ya ask me and should be highly exceptional. All I want a normal viewing experience and this means a couple of nice camera views and not 1 camera way outside the ring that can barely picture the fighters. In combination with the music it's just awfull compared to Boxing, MMA and Kickboxing. I view all and you telling me not to watch muay thai is bullshit, I chose what I watch and what I think of it. At least I give strong reasons while you just pick out the cultural things and get all butthurt about it. Or perhaps I need sensitivity training on cultural aspects

And you can't really respect Glory after robbing Cro Cop of that obvious win against Bojansky. If you can win while running away the whole fight, throwing pitiful leg kicks that are equal in number to your opponent's powerful leg kicks, while never getting off a punch, then the league you're fighting for isn't worthy of respect.
That wasn't a robbery. You just don't know how to score a fight.

Back