Muay thai is too overrated on these forums

And you can't really respect Glory after robbing Cro Cop of that obvious win against Bojansky. If you can win while running away the whole fight, throwing pitiful leg kicks that are equal in number to your opponent's powerful leg kicks, while never getting off a punch, then the league you're fighting for isn't worthy of respect.
Remy clearly won that fight dumb ass...

Remy clearly won that fight dumb ass...

He just one of the guys that has never been leg kicked by a professional. These people will never understand a jab or any punch that does not snap the head back is worth way less than a full power kick to the thigh or body.

He just one of the guys that has never been leg kicked by a professional. These people will never understand a jab or any punch that does not snap the head back is worth way less than a full power kick to the thigh or body.
From Remy Bonjasky no less, lol...

Ain't no use debating Brock on this shit. I can't even read those book reports. Seriously just don't watch it if you don't like it and shut your mouth and let the people that enjoy it, enjoy it.

no doubt he will be back soon saying something along the lines of being punched with mma gloves blah blah blah...

ya don't have to be leg kicked by a professional.....it's everyday practice in alot of gyms......leg kicks hurt in multple ways

I've been kicked to the leg by my former trainer in a sparring session and he litteraly kicked me once. It was better for me to stop then and there, because he hit me on the perfect spot. Saying leg kicks don't count/hurt is the same as saying body shots don't hurt/count

they can both take you out completely, or take away so much from you that sooner or later you'll fold......if people say leg kicks are nothing, then they're probably american

From Remy Bonjasky no less, lol...

Ain't no use debating Brock on this shit. I can't even read those book reports. Seriously just don't watch it if you don't like it and shut your mouth and let the people that enjoy it, enjoy it.

have you read the topic title? at least I stay on-topic and if YOU don't like this topic title, maybe you should decide wether or not you should stay in this topic

I like muay thai, I just don't like certain aspects of it and I'm entitled to say it in a topuc that's about muay thai

everybody stop feeling so butt hurt because of my posts regarding mt

have you read the topic title? at least I stay on-topic and if YOU don't like this topic title, maybe you should decide wether or not you should stay in this topic

I like muay thai, I just don't like certain aspects of it and I'm entitled to say it in a topuc that's about muay thai

everybody stop feeling so butt hurt because of my posts regarding mt

Does anyone stay on topic? Every thread in the place that makes it past 5 pages ends up about something completely different. All that happens is someone makes a long post and then we argue over one sentence until next thing you know 5 people are talking about who they think is the best looking fighter for some reason or how super kombat guys should be in glory. Then every 3 months another thread about the origin of kb comes around and starts the same shitty cycle all over again

Does anyone stay on topic? Every thread in the place that makes it past 5 pages ends up about something completely different. All that happens is someone makes a long post and then we argue over one sentence until next thing you know 5 people are talking about who they think is the best looking fighter for some reason or how super kombat guys should be in glory. Then every 3 months another thread about the origin of kb comes around and starts the same shitty cycle all over again

true, all the time posters go off-topic, but in this case HE is saying that I should shut up and let 'the people who enjoy it, enjoy it'

I'm staying on the subject and he is telling me to shut up because he doesn't like what I have to say. Then maybe this topic is not for him because the title in itself isn't all that positive. It just shows what alot of people know.....some mt fans on this board are just very quickly offended when it comes to muay thai, but are at the front to lash out at other sports

true, all the time posters go off-topic, but in this case HE is saying that I should shut up and let 'the people who enjoy it, enjoy it'

I'm staying on the subject and he is telling me to shut up because he doesn't like what I have to say. Then maybe this topic is not for him because the title in itself isn't all that positive. It just shows what alot of people know.....some mt fans on this board are just very quickly offended when it comes to muay thai, but are at the front to lash out at other sports
The problem is that you go into every other Muay Thai thread that has nothing to do with being "overrated" and you say the same shit in those threads...

The problem is that you go into every other Muay Thai thread that has nothing to do with being "overrated" and you say the same shit in those threads...

not really true, I've said it in very few topics, one of them being the new lumpini stadium, I was a bit critical about it and THAT's when I learned that mt fans on this board are easily offended.....guess what, I read now in other topics that alot of mt fans aren't too fond of the new stadium as well

same goes for my critics on mt promotors......only to read that you in the yokkao topic pretty much said the same thing

In no way do I agree with what the topic starter is babbling about but he does have a point on mt fans on this board being easily offended and at the same time sit on a high horse looking at others

cockabillana is one of the worst by the way, he truly is anti-kickboxing or something

not really true, I've said it in very few topics, one of them being the new lumpini stadium, I was a bit critical about it and THAT's when I learned that mt fans on this board are easily offended.....guess what, I read now in other topics that alot of mt fans aren't too fond of the new stadium as well

same goes for my critics on mt promotors......only to read that you in the yokkao topic pretty much said the same thing

In no way do I agree with what the topic starter is babbling about but he does have a point on mt fans on this board being easily offended and at the same time sit on a high horse looking at others

cockabillana is one of the worst by the way, he truly is anti-kickboxing or something

Personally I don't have a problem with you not liking the music, it used to annoy the shit out of me but somewhere along the line I grew to like it or tolerate it at other times. Same with the Wai Khru, couldn't be arsed with it but now I find some of them are quite entertaining just like an extended stare down. Not so keen on the way the round action takes place but as for not really going for it when they fight then I'd just stick to watching the big fights where titles are on the line.

The clinch issue I just don't agree with you. As has been pointed out they work in the clinch, if they don't they get split up pretty quickly. In fact I'd say there is more camping out in boxing than MT.

But the main thing I don't agree with is your problem with the weight classes. It's not like they choose those weights just for the sake of it, that's just the fact that thais don't get that big and the best in the world are the thais. You have your foreign fighters at heavier weights but they just aren't nearly as skillful and the level of competition isn't there. And they have 105 in boxing too despite the fact that boxing is much more global with much bigger fighters being far more common. They have fewer weight classes in thailand than boxing. There isn't much you can do about not having many good heavy fighters unless you are going to genetically engineer the thais to grow really big.

Personally I don't have a problem with you not liking the music, it used to annoy the shit out of me but somewhere along the line I grew to like it or tolerate it at other times. Same with the Wai Khru, couldn't be arsed with it but now I find some of them are quite entertaining just like an extended stare down. Not so keen on the way the round action takes place but as for not really going for it when they fight then I'd just stick to watching the big fights where titles are on the line.

The clinch issue I just don't agree with you. As has been pointed out they work in the clinch, if they don't they get split up pretty quickly. In fact I'd say there is more camping out in boxing than MT.

But the main thing I don't agree with is your problem with the weight classes. It's not like they choose those weights just for the sake of it, that's just the fact that thais don't get that big and the best in the world are the thais. You have your foreign fighters at heavier weights but they just aren't nearly as skillful and the level of competition isn't there. And they have 105 in boxing too despite the fact that boxing is much more global with much bigger fighters being far more common. They have fewer weight classes in thailand than boxing. There isn't much you can do about not having many good heavy fighters unless you are going to genetically engineer the thais to grow really big.

well I do agree with most things in this post. the weight class thing is just my personal taste......for me there is a line where it becomes less enjoyable but I've never meant for them to just quit the entire division, that's hw people read it....quickly offendend I guess. I was merely pointing out all the things why alot of people don't like to watch (alot) of mt in the stadiums.......

but still the weight classes are an issue for mt not being that popular.....far too many fights are at the lowest weight classes. the most well known thai internationally are the bigger ones.

stop feeling butthurt about some comments on how I view certain aspects of muay thai....also learn how to read, I never said that the waikru or music should be removed, I said it takes away from the viewing pleasure. it's that so hard to comprehend?

multiple minutes to see a guy do a ritual dance/religious aspect of the game, I couldn't give a shit, it's another x amount of time wich I don't care for. Is it so hard to understand that people find the music annoying as well? If you can't imagine that, than you are a meathead moron. Again, learn to read, I never said both should be removed from the sport, I said it takes away from the viewing pleasure and I'm not the only one tho whinks this way. I guess there are other promotrs in thailand that are viewing things differently.

Wai kru and that snake-music aren't things that can sell the fights more easily, on the contrary.

That being said, how funny you didn't comment on what
I had to say about 5 round fights that are basically 2 round gambling fights and all the other stuff I mentioned. I also mentioned a couple of positive things about MT but all you did was get butthurt over the waikru and the music.

I couldnt care less about 'production value'. I don't need big k1/pride like entrances and shit. They make the events too expensive if ya ask me and should be highly exceptional. All I want a normal viewing experience and this means a couple of nice camera views and not 1 camera way outside the ring that can barely picture the fighters. In combination with the music it's just awfull compared to Boxing, MMA and Kickboxing. I view all and you telling me not to watch muay thai is bullshit, I chose what I watch and what I think of it. At least I give strong reasons while you just pick out the cultural things and get all butthurt about it. Or perhaps I need sensitivity training on cultural aspects
You called it a "waste of time for the viewers" -- if that's not a petition for removal, then you need to work on your writing skills. People calling the cultural aspects of MT "annoying" are like lame-asses that say they like Thai food but assert that it would be better with no spice -- if you're going to complain about an integral aspect of a given thing, you might as well find something else to jock.

Also, you might want to work on reading comprehension because I actually said I agree with you on a number of points, but I guess my last post threw you into such a seething rage that you became blind to everything else and ended up contradicting yourself in this follow-up post. Nice job! Go reread my last post if it still doesn't click inside that skull of yours.

Now YOU'RE feeding the trolls.

Is it so hard to understand that people find the music annoying as well? If you can't imagine that, than you are a meathead moron.

not going against everything you've said before because some of it I kinda agree with, but I actually do like the Muay Thai music and that's part of the originality of Muay Thai. Don't talk for everyone with those comments, maybe you and your mates find the music annoying but I doubt it's the majority.
It sounds like you just want to see guys beating each other up to KO, fight sports like MMA and Kickboxing are probably what you need to stick to, not martial arts fights.

tI'm staying on the subject and he is telling me to shut up because he doesn't like what I have to say. Then maybe this topic is not for him because the title in itself isn't all that positive.

I don't go onto a classical music forum and tell them that I find the starting ceremony, the violins and singers annoying and that they should remove them and instead just only play the piano part because that's all I want to hear.
What's the point of listing all of the stuff you despise about something just to say that they actually have one good part that they should just focus on?

Stick to what you like and filter the parts you don't like about something you enjoy a part of.

What's funny is if you actually follow the stadiums and watch the video available, the Wai Kru is clipped to a few seconds and the first 2 rounds are clipped or removed due to the 10 min film time limit for fights. So you either just watch the most exciting rounds in a decision fight or watch a fight that results in a brutal KO.

That's really only for the hardcore fans tho anyways. The stadiums aren't trying to appeal to the masses, theirs Thai Fight and Max Muaythai for that.

Last edited:
Back