Muay Thai people- Twins KPL10 Vs KPL12

theranch

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Looking to maybe buy some thai pads in the near futue (no rush ) and from most accounts of people I've trained with and personal experience Twins are the happy medium between rock hard Boon and Top King pads and the relativley soft Fairtex. I have used several pairs of the KPL 10s (none of them mine) and have found them to be very good pads although a little heavy and very big kickers will still smash your arms somewhat. Is the extra money for the KPL12 (extra padding model) worth it? Or can you recommend/ change my opinion on other pads?

I'm waiting to actually need a pair of thai pads, but I hear only great things about the Master K pads. I love the classic look. Also for consideration might be the booster thai pads. They felt pretty hard to the point of bruised shins while training in Thailand, but didn't hinder my training at all. I actually really liked how they conditioned my shins over 2 weeks.

I'm waiting to actually need a pair of thai pads, but I hear only great things about the Master K pads. I love the classic look. Also for consideration might be the booster thai pads. They felt pretty hard to the point of bruised shins while training in Thailand, but didn't hinder my training at all. I actually really liked how they conditioned my shins over 2 weeks.
I have actually heard good things about the booster pads (though never used a pair myself) my only hang up is that they are the same price as the top end twins and more expensive than Fairtex Top King and Boon. I will have to look into the Master K one's.

Fairtex KPLC-2. Bought them forever ago and they're still holding up pretty well. Can't reccomend them enough.

Fairtex KPLC-2. Bought them forever ago and they're still holding up pretty well. Can't reccomend them enough.
How have you found them to kick? ive heard they are a little too soft?

How have you found them to kick? ive heard they are a little too soft?

I've used them many many times for hard sparring and I've never had an instance where my kick was checked or I checked a kick and felt enough pain to make me want to stop sparring. I've used bulkier more protective ones but they make me feel too slow plus I think it's beneficial to condition your shins a bit.

I've owned two pairs and really only got the second pair because the first one smelled from my lack of cleaning it, so I think they're very durable. Slippage happens maybe once or twice during hard sparring so I like to wrap them in some medical tape around where the straps go and this solves the problem completely.

I've used the Twins KPL12s and they're pretty nice. Firm to start off with but find a nice medium when broken in.

Also used the fairtex KPLC2, which are a bit softer, but also not as thick. The pair we have has lasted forever though. Had them longer than the Twins.

I'd probably say I prefer the Fairtex to hold because the Twins are fairly weighted, but prefer kicking the Twins just because they're a little more solid.

I've used the Twins KPL12s and they're pretty nice. Firm to start off with but find a nice medium when broken in.

Also used the fairtex KPLC2, which are a bit softer, but also not as thick. The pair we have has lasted forever though. Had them longer than the Twins.

I'd probably say I prefer the Fairtex to hold because the Twins are fairly weighted, but prefer kicking the Twins just because they're a little more solid.
This is exactly the kind of response i was looking for cheers

I've used them many many times for hard sparring and I've never had an instance where my kick was checked or I checked a kick and felt enough pain to make me want to stop sparring. I've used bulkier more protective ones but they make me feel too slow plus I think it's beneficial to condition your shins a bit.

I've owned two pairs and really only got the second pair because the first one smelled from my lack of cleaning it, so I think they're very durable. Slippage happens maybe once or twice during hard sparring so I like to wrap them in some medical tape around where the straps go and this solves the problem completely.

Just realized I was talking about my twins shinguards when you were asking about the fairtex pads - total fail.

Master K Brand?
Do you mean K Brand, they have nothing to do with Master K. I have a pair, they are ok. The leather is nice, but they are not the most comfortable to hold.

Whoops, major slip. How is the padding on the K's? Looking to splurge, and looking for a more firmer padding personally. I loved the original boon look, and the K's remind me of them more than the current Boon ones do.

Booster is made by twins.

I'll list all the thai pads I have used: Twins, Top King, Fairtex, Windy, Boon, K, Tocha, RDX.

I would suggest getting pads with the additional forearm padding.

Back