Muay Thai vs Taekwondo in full contact TKD competition (Awesome KO) - VIDEO

If you've trained at all then you can tell the Muay Thai guy had no idea what he was doing.

He was a fish out of water. But it is difficult to say if he just lacked skill, or if it was the difference in fighting-range from what he was used to from MT that threw him off.
MT and TKD are fought at different ranges. The horrible feeling of being forced to fight at a distance that is alien to you, can throw your game completely into the crapper.

Not real muay thai.
Generally,muay thai fighters hardly switch stance like this (0.22) that regularly appeared in olympics TKD
At 0.25 his stance and guard isn't muay thai. and before getting k.o.,he tried to attack with SIDE KICK in a BLADE STANCE that hardly found in muay thai either.
In conclusion, I think he must be a TKD.

Well, to be fair so does Saenchai. Jumping downwards elbow, jumping low kick, twist kicks and his more or less patented cartwheel kick.. Yet he was awarded for putting on the most beautiful display of Muay Thai for the king's daughter or something like that. Just because less people use those techniques now doesn't mean they aren't still part of the art. If more people were at the level Saenchai is at I'd say the world of Thaiboxing would be a whole lot more exciting.

Saenchai was formerly known as Saenchai Sor Kamsing from Somrak Sor Kamsing's camp. Somrak was his teacher hence the simularities in style.

This is an old thread but I've seen this vid. I've done TKD and MT. I like both. But the "MT fighter" in this vid looked more like a TKD guy who dabbled in MT a bit rather than an actual MT fighter. I like TKD but this vid is not a feather in the cap for TKD.

Lack of a ring to corner the opponent and angle them off also presented some issues for the MT fighter.

Guess that's why Pettis is a TKD black belt... to impress the "Kimchi bitches"

Interesting to see a MT stylist in a point based TKD style competition where only kicks are allowed.

Some people do watch some shite!! Watch buakaw in K1 2004 against all other fighting style inc TKD.. then report back!!
P.s buakaw not using FMT rules good job his not Hey!!

Muay thai guy looked really green and didn't judge distance very well at all.

As one of the youtube comments points out, the MT guy got angry and rushed in. When you rush in a competition match either in MT,Karate, Kung Fu, Kickboxing, and Taekwondo you will pay the price.

Taekwondo is half the martial art. You need to learn to throw arms. Taekwondo makes for great exhibitions. If the Muay Thai guy used his hands it would probably be a very different outcome

Taekwondo is half the martial art. You need to learn to throw arms. Taekwondo makes for great exhibitions. If the Muay Thai guy used his hands it would probably be a very different outcome
I see you practice Necro-Thread-Do? ;)

Back