Muay Thai Gym Q&A

That is Not a good Gym in my opinion
Oh, it was touched on once. An old man who actually used to be a Champion of Thailand, Ravee, tried to teach me some. But he does not speak English and has a bit of an "old persons brain problem", you know; what the fuck was I really supposed to throw this crazy old guy around the ring? It seemed just a token clinching session and in no way was the pro stuff needed.

You should not accept certificates of achievement for Muay Thai; it is not traditional and it will eventually contribute to the McDojoization of Muay Thai. If a gym is offering certs, fuck off from there.

Thanks for you insight SarahSunWalker. I think you post on Muaythailand also.

Gotta love your adjectives. :icon_chee There is another recent review of Muaythai-Institute on here that said the same thing.

I will never set foot in TMT.

PS. Not all of us yanks are raging capitalists.

Oh, it was touched on once. An old man who actually used to be a Champion of Thailand, Ravee, tried to teach me some. But he does not speak English and has a bit of an "old persons brain problem", you know; what the fuck was I really supposed to throw this crazy old guy around the ring? It seemed just a token clinching session and in no way was the pro stuff needed.

Fair nuff. as much as i wont be going back to Tiger in a hurry, they still had there intense Clinching sessions. I did enjoy these.

Hi there,

Price:
Depend on what course you will take. You can check on

Good evening everyone! I'm going soon to Thailand soon and I'd like to compete. Still my technique is not fully thai because I did muay thai for a year only and before - different other fullcontact sports ( boxing etc..). So few questions:
1) What gym is better to "adjust" technique to more Muay Thai style? probably some highly farang gym with good explanation level?( I heard that in TrueBee they really pay attention at you)
2)Where would be better to look for a gym that wouldn't charge me money because I'm fighting for it? Issan?
Thank you.

Good evening everyone! I'm going soon to Thailand soon and I'd like to compete. Still my technique is not fully thai because I did muay thai for a year only and before - different other fullcontact sports ( boxing etc..). So few questions:
1) What gym is better to "adjust" technique to more Muay Thai style? probably some highly farang gym with good explanation level?( I heard that in TrueBee they really pay attention at you)
2)Where would be better to look for a gym that wouldn't charge me money because I'm fighting for it? Issan?
Thank you.

Some quick advice.

Read all forums and reviews on the net.

Dont pay for your training up front before you get there, and when you do, only pay for a few days to suss the joint out

If you need to work closely for technique, dont pay for all the group stuff upfront. Budget your money to spend it on personals over there. You will get something out of this.

If your doing the above, you wont have to worrie to much about where to go, as the personals will work you closely on technique and most guyms have 1 or 2 experience fighters working there. Find out who they are, and get them to take you on your privates.

Hey guys, I just wanted to let everyone know we built a brand new muay thai facility here at 13 coins. Three new rings, new bags, new mats for the floor, new equipment, and were in the process of building a sauna, all inclosed by rooftop. The training still the same, but now we can accommodate more foreign and thai fighters comfortably (no more time waiting to get into the one ring). I will post pics and maybe some video soon...

Thank you.

I have heard True Bee is extremely good at correcting techique, thats probably a great gym to start off at though I havent been there myself (can someone post a review?). As far as a gym not charging you to fight for them, it really depends on how good you are, how often you fight and what kind of purse you can collect as far as I know.

Hey guys, I just wanted to let everyone know we built a brand new muay thai facility here at 13 coins. Three new rings, new bags, new mats for the floor, new equipment, and were in the process of building a sauna, all inclosed by rooftop. The training still the same, but now we can accommodate more foreign and thai fighters comfortably (no more time waiting to get into the one ring). I will post pics and maybe some video soon...

Thanks. Looking forward to seeing them.

Looking forward to seeing them.

I have heard True Bee is extremely good at correcting techique, thats probably a great gym to start off at though I havent been there myself (can someone post a review?). As far as a gym not charging you to fight for them, it really depends on how good you are, how often you fight and what kind of purse you can collect as far as I know.

I have trained at True Bee. They are very good at teaching proper technique.

I have also trained at Sinbi, Sor.Vorapin, Fairtex, and Kaewsamrit.

I have trained at True Bee. They are very good at teaching proper technique.

I have also trained at Sinbi, Sor.Vorapin, Fairtex, and Kaewsamrit.
Which one is better for correcting technique ?
How much money overall you need for a month in Pai ( train,eat, acc. - for basic things) ?

Pai is very cheap to live. 8000 baht a month to train at True Bee.

Here is the ranking of the camp I have been to.

Sinbi - best training, technique and location.

True Bee - very good at teaching the fundamentals, great traaining environment in the mountains of northern Thailand.

Keawsamrit - very intense training, no screwing around.

Fairtex Pattaya - very good system to teach farang who are interested in a party/training vacation.

Sor.Vorapin Khao San Rd - complete waste of time

I'm going to Sit-O in Buriram this summer for a few weeks :)

the guys at sityodtong say there gym over in thailand is good but what are they gonna say. i know their gym in somerville is good for here.

I have never been able to find any training footage on this gym except for the Movie "Chok Dee" till last night. It is the home of Norasing Lukbanyai, Yodbuangarm Lukbanyai, and Sarawut Lukbanyai. Norasing is the current 112lb champion at Lumpinee. Yodbuangarm is ranked #2 at 130lbs and I'm not sure 100% sure if Sawarut is ranked. Gotta ask Anorak about that one.

Back