Muay Thai Gym Q&A

AKA sucks mate! Go with PTT, you won't regret it.

Also you'll find a couple of shops easily with Muay Thai and MMA gear on that same road, although Top Team does have it's own shop

Have you trained at PTT?

I am going to Phuket in June and I plan to train there.

How was your experience with them? Did you pay in advance or once you were there?

Have you trained at PTT?

I am going to Phuket in June and I plan to train there.

How was your experience with them? Did you pay in advance or once you were there?

I was there for a week back in 2013.. absolutely love the quality of the training. After a brief stint at Tiger, I plan to be back early July.

I paid when I got there, but it doesn't hurt to book in advance.

Its pretty serious there mate, make sure you're fit and strong before showing up ;)

I was there for a week back in 2013.. absolutely love the quality of the training. After a brief stint at Tiger, I plan to be back early July.

I paid when I got there, but it doesn't hurt to book in advance.

Its pretty serious there mate, make sure you're fit and strong before showing up ;)

Well my first fight was in Feb (that I lost) and I've continued training since, so hopefully I am fit enough.

Yeah some people suggested not booking in advance. But I am thinking it won't hurt to book the first week.

If you plan to be in Phuket in June, we should stay in touch.

Well my first fight was in Feb (that I lost) and I've continued training since, so hopefully I am fit enough.

Yeah some people suggested not booking in advance. But I am thinking it won't hurt to book the first week.

If you plan to be in Phuket in June, we should stay in touch.

Only commit to a booking, whether its a week or month if you're absolutely sold on it, as most gyms that I've seen don't refund you. I think a week will be a good feel to see if you wanna stay longer at PTT, or experience what the other gyms are like down the road.

I arrive the Sunday afternoon on the 12th of June for 3 months. So definitely stay in touch mate, we'll have some fun down in Patong lol

Only commit to a booking, whether its a week or month if you're absolutely sold on it, as most gyms that I've seen don't refund you. I think a week will be a good feel to see if you wanna stay longer at PTT, or experience what the other gyms are like down the road.

I arrive the Sunday afternoon on the 12th of June for 3 months. So definitely stay in touch mate, we'll have some fun down in Patong lol

Will do!

I ll be there 3rd - 25th June.

Need some advice from people in the thread. I have a upcoming 2 week vacation in Oct. I have been training Muay thai for about a year now and was wondering if this was a good time for me to schedule a 2 week training camp.

I am still a beginner and have been doing some light sparring in the last few months. My intention is to improve my skills and correct mistakes (proper way to throw punches, kicks, etc.). My focus in the camp wont be for the endurance and strength right now. Would this be a good time for me to join a camp? Or should I graduate to a more skilled level to gain any benefit out of it? Will 2 weeks be enough to make any improvement?

2 weeks will be decent for sure. Especially of you're committed to training everyday, 2x if possible. If you get even 4 hours a day over 2 weeks (with a break on Sunday) that's almost 50 hours of training with (hopefully) top coaches. I say do it asap because ya never know what happens down the road and maybe you wont be able to train. One of my biggest regrets in training was waiting so long to go to Thailand (8 years almost).

I trying to find a Gym in Pattaya for about 3 weeks im a complete beginner is twin tiger any good.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply Centaur. The preferred gym right now is Sumalee in Phuket as one my coaches has trained there like a 1.5 years back. Would love to hear feedback from people with any recent trips there or for any other similar gyms. My focus will mostly be around improving technique and power.

Need some advice from people in the thread. I have a upcoming 2 week vacation in Oct. I have been training Muay thai for about a year now and was wondering if this was a good time for me to schedule a 2 week training camp.

I am still a beginner and have been doing some light sparring in the last few months. My intention is to improve my skills and correct mistakes (proper way to throw punches, kicks, etc.). My focus in the camp wont be for the endurance and strength right now. Would this be a good time for me to join a camp? Or should I graduate to a more skilled level to gain any benefit out of it? Will 2 weeks be enough to make any improvement?

if you like mauy thai, there is absolutely no "wrong" level to train in Thailand. there is an excellent chance that you will have a great time and learn lots regardless of your level going in

I am heading back to Asia, this time to Cambodia, and am wondering if anyone is in the area of Siem Reap? I will be training at Angkor Fight Club, helping one with one of my fighters that are now living in Cambodia.

Hello guys im new to this forum, im going to Thailand in Januari for muay thai training (and some vacation) i have done little bit of muay thai and a little bit of boxing, and im in pretty good shape from strength and conditioning training. However im going to be in Phuket (Chalong) for 15 days and im gonna try out Dragon muay thai, then im going to Koh lanta for a while and since there only seem to be 1 camp there in curious about it so i love some reviews of it. After that im going to Hua hin or Chiang mai. Can you guys recommend anything in Hua or Chiang? And how is Dragon/Lant camps? Im really looking to train with thai people and not farangs. If anyone wanna meet up in Januari im down

So I've been training Muay Thai properly, at a gym, for about 3 months more or less, at Crawley Lumpini.
I've been really interested in going out to Thailand for a month to experience the true Thai culture, and authentic Thai training. I've looked at a lot of camps and done a bit of research, you don't have to tell me not to go to TMT, haha.

So, with a budget of maybe around £1000-ish, 3 months experience, and no interested in doing much other than training, what would be the best camp for me to go to?

So I've been training Muay Thai properly, at a gym, for about 3 months more or less, at Crawley Lumpini.
I've been really interested in going out to Thailand for a month to experience the true Thai culture, and authentic Thai training. I've looked at a lot of camps and done a bit of research, you don't have to tell me not to go to TMT, haha.

So, with a budget of maybe around £1000-ish, 3 months experience, and no interested in doing much other than training, what would be the best camp for me to go to?

www.kiatphontipgym.com
authentic training and culture, can look after all levels. Ben from your gym trained here before.

when are you going dude? As said above im gonna be at Dragon (Phuket, Chalong distr) from 6-20 Januari, then at Lanta for 7-10 days and after that im gonna check out some Hua hin gym or maybe Chiang mai

when are you going dude? As said above im gonna be at Dragon (Phuket, Chalong distr) from 6-20 Januari, then at Lanta for 7-10 days and after that im gonna check out some Hua hin gym or maybe Chiang mai
More than likely be going in January as well

I am headed to Angkor Fight Club in Siem Reap 25 Sep - 11 Oct to help one of my fighters for his 2nd Muay Thai fight and I will also be teaching a Squat workshop at the gym.

Come by if you're in the area.

Hi guys

Ill be travelling to Phuket to train at Kinga Supa Muay Thai (the old Rawai) for two weeks with my gym.
Ill also be spending an additional 3 weeks there and have decided to spend that time at either Sumalee or Sitsongpeenong, anyone trained at either? thoughts?

cheers

Back