Muay Thai Gym Q&A

i wouldn't even waste my breath on that guy, he spends too much time on the computer bashing people (keyboard warrior) and probably doesn't have a clue about anything muay thai and wouldn't have the balls to step into a gym and do muay thai to begin with.

that's right i like many people on here have goals to accomplish and get a lot out of training muay thai at a good camp in thailand.

the info you provided on camps in bangkok is gold and i'm looking at training there in the next 12 months.

You may call us twits but we make shit happen, live our dreams, and achieve our goals. What does that make you?? You aren't shit!! I'll tell your momma your aren't SHIT via text message, email, or on her deathbed.

Sorry to be disrespectful people but this guy brought it on himself. He is as useful as a bag of used tampons.

dunno if this question has been asked before but does anyone have a detailed review of sitsongpeenong in bangkok? i couldn't find a review of it on these forums. i'm keen to train there next year for a month and i've asked the gym about having my first fight there and they said they'll be able to make that happen for me. i've been doing muay thai (along with bjj) for a few years now and i think it's the right time to start challenging myself.

Completely get where you are coming from on price etc.

If you are going to Thailand, my opinion is train solely Muay Thai when you are there. It is something I think most would suggest, training bjj or wrestling when you are out there is good but why travel to the home of Mauy Thai and not take full advantage of it.

With regards to cheap eats on Soi Taied they are easy to find, The Shak and Tony's are the two that most will talk about however there are plenty more on the street. There are some more expensive places that also offer excellent food.

There is a place next to the latte cafe that offers amazing thai food at a really good price, i ate there most days. There is no denying that Soi Taied is completely focused on the health and fitness community so its a really good place to go.

If you are solely focused on price however I think you could find better deals going to bangkok, you will train and live cheaper and will likely eat cheaper.

there's a really nice italian restaurant near ali's bbq that does a mad spagetti

Havent read the whole thread, but are there any good gyms for absolute beginners near Thong Lor BTS? Planning to stay for a few weeks or up to a month, so I’m open to places that have room and board. Looking for cheap options with solid fundamentals.

EDIT: OK, looks like these are the schools in the area I'll be staying:
Yokkao
8 Limbs
RSM
FITFAC
Chakrit
Elite Fight Club
Krudam
Muay Thai Academy MTA
Ingram
Mankong Phranai

Anybody train at any of these gyms?

Last edited:
Havent read the whole thread, but are there any good gyms for absolute beginners near Thong Lor BTS? Planning to stay for a few weeks or up to a month, so I’m open to places that have room and board. Looking for cheap options with solid fundamentals.

EDIT: OK, looks like these are the schools in the area I'll be staying:
Yokkao
8 Limbs
RSM
FITFAC
Chakrit
Elite Fight Club
Krudam
Muay Thai Academy MTA
Ingram
Mankong Phranai

Anybody train at any of these gyms?

Elite Fight Club is good, but has many Russians last time I was there.

Ingram was strict and tough when I was there last.

Yokkao is kinda a rip off IMO. Sure, you get to train in the same gym as Sanchai and Singdam, but it's filled with fanboys who think they are much better than they really are.

Attachai's gym isn't far from Thong Lo, but I didn't enjoy my training there at all.

Muay Thai Academy MTA is the old Rombo gym?, had a good rep back in the day, not sure about now. Next to the Super Export shop, which has tons of equipment.

96 Penang is not too far away, about 15-20 minutes if you catch the train/subway at the right time.

Eminent air gym is solid also.

These are fitness gyms for rich Bangkok girls. Trainers might be good, but not somewhere I'd train long term.
8 Limbs
RSM
FITFAC
Chakrit
Krudam
Mankong Phranai

Yokkao is kinda a rip off IMO. Sure, you get to train in the same gym as Sanchai and Singdam, but it's filled with fanboys who think they are much better than they really are.

Attachai's gym isn't far from Thong Lo, but I didn't enjoy my training there at all.

Muay Thai Academy MTA is the old Rombo gym?, had a good rep back in the day, not sure about now. Next to the Super Export shop, which has tons of equipment.

96 Penang is not too far away, about 15-20 minutes if you catch the train/subway at the right time.

These are fitness gyms for rich Bangkok girls. Trainers might be good, but not somewhere I'd train long term.
8 Limbs
RSM
FITFAC
Chakrit
Krudam
Mankong Phranai
Thanks, will look into the gyms you mentioned.

i'm looking at training in khongsittha in 6 months and plan to train there for a month and have a fight. i know muay thai guy sean :eek::eek::eek:an goes there with his group of students and i've heard nothing but good things about khongsittha. i emailed dunk the co-founder and he was happy to accommodate me and he said he'll evaluate my skill when i get there. it's not set in concrete yet, but i'm looking at going over in may/june. i've trained in thailand before but not in bangkok, i chose bangkok because of the quality of training there since i really want to work on my muay thai game. i've been doing it for a few years now but want to take it next level.

if anyone is looking at training at khongsittha then holla me a message or just reply to this comment, would love to meet some fellow muay thaiers.

I’ve trained at two gyms in Bangkok: Ingram and Krudam since both are close to my accommodation. I saw Dam Shrichan at his gym in Sukhumvit Soi 36. He is huge.

Is it bad form to train at different gyms? I wanted to see what each gym offers and stick with the one that’s best for my needs, and maybe pick one to do my training in a future trip to the LOS. At my level, any gym will be able to teach me the fundamentals.

Also, I only have one pair of shorts from Ingram. Is it bad form to wear that at another gym?

I’ve trained at two gyms in Bangkok: Ingram and Krudam since both are close to my accommodation. I saw Dam Shrichan at his gym in Sukhumvit Soi 36. He is huge.

Is it bad form to train at different gyms? I wanted to see what each gym offers and stick with the one that’s best for my needs, and maybe pick one to do my training in a future trip to the LOS. At my level, any gym will be able to teach me the fundamentals.

Also, I only have one pair of shorts from Ingram. Is it bad form to wear that at another gym?
I’ve only been to Thailand over 30 times, so I’m not sure if I’m qualified to answer. :)

Most Thai gyms only care about you paying them. They don’t care what you wear or where you go, unless you are sponsored.

If you are worried about shorts, take the BTS to On Nut and buy some 300 baht retro shorts at the Boon shop.

I’ve only been to Thailand over 30 times, so I’m not sure if I’m qualified to answer. :)

Most Thai gyms only care about you paying them. They don’t care what you wear or where you go, unless you are sponsored.

If you are worried about shorts, take the BTS to On Nut and buy some 300 baht retro shorts at the Boon shop.
Oh, you’re definitely qualified. Thanks for your list. I ended up going to yokkao and you were spot on on the descriptions of the three places i visited.

I got a feel for different gym styles and i found where i fit in.

I will check out the boon shop; its nice to have an extra pair or two.

Once again, thanks. Your gym descriptions should be a sticky.

Could someone give me feed back on the following gyms
Luktupfah
Sitnumnoi
Lamai
Rattachai
Not to fussed on location or price just looking for a place as a beginner to train, i've trained one before in Thailand for a few weeks

Hey does anybody know a good muay thai/kickboxing gym in a good vacation place outside of thailand? I was thinking like marrocko or egypt since they are cheap countrys to stay in

Has anyone regretted training in Thailand during the summer due to the heat and humidity?

It sounds like once you’re mentally locked in and you go with the flow in training, you don’t think too much about the weather.

Hello guys, I have 2 questions about injuries/pain.
I have 2 major causes of pain in Muay Thai.

1. When I kick, especially in my gym where you have to kick alot (pads mostly), maybe because my hips lack flexibility, I have hip pain after every training (like a hip strain).

2. Low back pain (or blocked lower back): I think this is due to abdominal training. When doing lots of crunches and especially low ab exercises, like leg raises, after that my lower back gets blocked completely.

So I am wondering how to move forward with this. Since ab training is so important, should I just continue to develop more core strength since stopping completely would just result in weak abs? And as to kicking, is it about opening the hips more?

3. Finally as a bonus question...At my gym here in France, we do extremely heavy sparring every session which always results in exacerbating the mentioned injuries. Even beginners are supposed to spar. Is this normal or should I change gyms? I feel we dont work technique enough and do too much sparring.

8 Limbs
RSM
FITFAC
Chakrit
Krudam
Mankong Phranai

Russians are a problem?

Back